Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Today’s Games 2023-2024

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There are no excuses for our performances against Burnley and Forest. Mitigating circumstances maybe, but we failed to impose ourselves on either team and probably should be grateful for the 4 points.

Way, way too early. I can see us losing our remaining games against the bottom 3 so we'll likely need a win or two against the likes of Villa, Chelsea or Manure to balance things out.
We're 10/11 pts ahead of the 3 bottom sides. They are all ****, as we've witnessed at first-hand this season; do you really see any of the 3 catching up those points on us? I don't.

JR WAS KING

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There are no excuses for our performances against Burnley and Forest. Mitigating circumstances maybe, but we failed to impose ourselves on either team and probably should be grateful for the 4 points.

Way, way too early. I can see us losing our remaining games against the bottom 3 so we'll likely need a win or two against the likes of Villa, Chelsea or Manure to balance things out.
You think that we will lose at home to Luton and Sheffield Utd?

We may not be very exciting, but our home form in 2023 has been very good.

steve vena

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Does anybody really think we may go down?
I personally don't.

JR WAS KING

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That's a surprising stat that we haven't conceded a goal from a corner this season. I get nervous every time we concede one.

BCWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We're 10/11 pts ahead of the 3 bottom sides. They are all ****, as we've witnessed at first-hand this season; do you really see any of the 3 catching up those points on us? I don't.
They might all be ****, but Luton and Blades were the better teams in our games and Burnley could easily have been 0-0. I could see us getting sucked into a relegation battle if Neto's injuries persist. Based on managerial situations and recent form I'd say Forest, Palace and ourselves all look vulnerable.

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No idea what Trippier was trying to do for Richarlsons goal, crap header then the foxtrot.

BCWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You think that we will lose at home to Luton and Sheffield Utd?

We may not be very exciting, but our home form in 2023 has been very good.
Our Premier League history is littered with poor results against the bottom 3. Besides the 4-0 over Watford a couple of years back I struggle to think of a time we've made easy work of a "poor" team at home. Since our return our players have generally raised their game against heavyweights and looked Sunday league against bottom feeders. Huddersfield, Bournemouth, Burnley are just a few recent examples.

So this isn't a dig at GON, it's just the Wolves way.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fulham win 5-0 for the second time in a week but apparently we can’t expect to even attack teams because we’re just another mid-table premier league team :rolleyes:

Football is just inscrutable. Earlier in the season, Fulham looked so poor. Until a few weeks ago, looked like they could be dragged into the relegation battle they were often so abysmal. And then this? o_O Bournemouth similarly, though in their case, they were playing OK but making silly defensive errors. Let alone Villa 2 points off the top with 85% the same team that was lower mid-table. If anybody knows the answers, please send to Mr G.O'Neil c/o Wolves F.C.

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They might all be ****, but Luton and Blades were the better teams in our games and Burnley could easily have been 0-0. I could see us getting sucked into a relegation battle if Neto's injuries persist. Based on managerial situations and recent form I'd say Forest, Palace and ourselves all look vulnerable.
Palace, Forest and ourselves will be fine simply because the bottom three are miles behind and despite the odd plucky performance they won’t catch anyone.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
So it's the injury derby today - Spurs v Newcastle. If there's a winner do the losers still get to blame it on their catalogue of injuries? Also, going to pop a chocolate every time the commentator mentions that Newcastle players must be tired.
Don't think I can eat any more chocolate. Just too full :p

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Football is just inscrutable. Earlier in the season, Fulham looked so poor. Until a few weeks ago, looked like they could be dragged into the relegation battle they were often so abysmal. And then this? o_O Bournemouth similarly, though in their case, they were playing OK but making silly defensive errors. Let alone Villa 2 points off the top with 85% the same team that was lower mid-table. If anybody knows the answers, please send to Mr G.O'Neil c/o Wolves
Incorrect decisions by officials has cost us points, but just as importantly also cost us momentum and confidence going forward.

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What ?
Is it just me that want to see everyone below us get beaten so we don't get drawn in ........its a distinct possibility this can still happen .
. Y
Depressing seeing Everton, Bournemouth, Fulham, even ****ing Burnley get comfortable wins while we seem to have to scrap and scrape around for every point we get.

Next game against another side coming off the back of a 5-0 defeat to Fulham, ideal.
The rhythm of the bottom 15 clubs or so is just like that. A team can go five games without a win - even Man United and Spurs - then come good for a while.

There's only really four clubs that are generally consistent in picking up regular wins.

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Our Premier League history is littered with poor results against the bottom 3. Besides the 4-0 over Watford a couple of years back I struggle to think of a time we've made easy work of a "poor" team at home. Since our return our players have generally raised their game against heavyweights and looked Sunday league against bottom feeders. Huddersfield, Bournemouth, Burnley are just a few recent examples.

So this isn't a dig at GON, it's just the Wolves way.
We beat norwich 3 -0 at home when jota partnered raul.

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Boulaye dia is on tnt sports 3 playing for salernitana.

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Boulaye dia may get a red Good news for us as we might get him cheap in january.

WolvesAndCows

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
You would think Richarlison would crack a smile with his two goals, but no.

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What ?
Is it just me that want to see everyone below us get beaten so we don't get drawn in ........its a distinct possibility this can still happen .
Nah I'm a glass half full sort of bloke, I look upwards

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With that Everton win normal bottom three service has resumed.

Doesn’t really matter how bad we are this season Luton, Sheff Utd and Burnley are the gifts that keep giving.

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Son is such a great player to watch when on form.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
When they’re at it Tottenham are really good.

Back
Top Bottom