Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

They ay happy down the Albooin

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's probably not a popular view on here, but I don't wish the Albion any ill nor any other team (apart perhaps from Yanited). I love it when that rare thing happens and Wolves, Albion, Blues and Villa are all in the top tier, like it was when I was a kid. Of course I support Wolves and want them to be top of the tree, but I want other Midland teams to prosper too, it's good for the area, which these days is generally viewed by outsiders as a ****-hole. I have quite a few old mates who are Albion, simply because I went to a school in the Sedgley/Coseley area where there was a fairly even split. I have never 'hated' Albion and find this manufactured hate sad. Ten years ago we were heading for where Albion are now, and in other ten the boot may be on the other foot. Such is football. Success never lasts and nor does failure, how could it ever be otherwise? Triumph and Disaster -- the two impostors (Rudyard Kipling)
Like Tring's stuff, I always find BSK's posts fair and balanced and interesting. I expect many/perhaps most non- West Midland born Wolves fans, like me, don't have the tribal hatred towards Albion which you see on here. I/we never grew up with this bitter rivalry and have not experienced it at first hand. Albion, to me, are just another team who I don't take that much interest in tbh but I do enjoy the banter on this thread and I am pleased that 'local' Wolves fans can enjoy this period of superiority over our nearest rivals.

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In the spirit of balance I can categorically say that I despise Albion with every fibre of my being, and watching them decline back to where they essentially were pre Megson, which is a good 20 odd years now, quite simply makes my life better.

Long may it continue.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sadly up here. no other Wolves fans I have come across, although one did pass away from Covid sadly before I moved to where I am now.

I do miss that.

Norway Wolves

Reaction score
Moved over to Halesowen, just after the 2002 capitulation, had to endure years of smugness down the local, and God didn't't they think they were someone. When we started back with Nuno, our secret society of Wolves fans gave each other that knowing wink and nod, they couldn't stand it "Don't want to talk about football!". "Money has ruined it", "Hate the Premier League!" etc.....

Been back home in Wolverhampton just over a year, safely back in old gold country where I can take my dog for a walk and watch me babies training and everyone in the local are Wolves, but sometimes I miss living behind enemy lines.......
Maybe it depends where you grew up snd originate from. Coming from Burntwood I dislike Villa much more. Yes, I hate them. It’s not in any way manufactured, it’s been in fact cultivated through life experiences and the attitude of their fans.

Any other non Villa fans who come from the Burntwood/Chasetown will I am sure back this up.

Rabid Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
In the spirit of balance I can categorically say that I despise Albion with every fibre of my being, and watching them decline back to where they essentially were pre Megson, which is a good 20 odd years now, quite simply makes my life better.

Long may it continue.
Agreed same with Birmingham cause we played both sides far too many times during the 90s, The only other team I despise is Liverpool but that's mainly due to all the glory hunters in the 80s at school.

Burton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I live in Cradley so feel your pain. Drank in my local for 20 plus years and it’s very much a “everyone knows everybody” sort of boozer. When they were premier league and we were championship and league one they used to give me dogs abuse. I remember the Saunders fiasco and going in after home games and taking absolute pelters. I rarely bother with it now as that winds them up more. Though those recent Friday night games have been a joy to watch seeing them all squirm through 90 mins.

The couple of villa fans who go in are my favourite though they became vocal for a bit. I bet one of them £100 we’d finish above them after we lost our first three this season, he’s a good lad though every time I see him he tells me he hasn’t forgot the bet. When he pays I’m going to put £50 of it behind the bar for the Albion fans as they’ve suffered enough
**** that!

wolvesaywe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Go back to 2016-17 and it's remarkable how our respective fortunes have taken a complete 180. We were mid-table Championship fodder and they finished mid table in the Prem

It should serve as a reminder that it pays to show some humility as things can quickly change

But **** that, hope the 6 fingered, unwashed Sandwell ****s rot in lower division hell for decades to come and we continue to lord it over them

mcwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
any of our deal mol mix faithful ever feel wolves are doing ****e ,this is what you could have won .

wwbsa.jpg

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's probably not a popular view on here, but I don't wish the Albion any ill nor any other team (apart perhaps from Yanited). I love it when that rare thing happens and Wolves, Albion, Blues and Villa are all in the top tier, like it was when I was a kid. Of course I support Wolves and want them to be top of the tree, but I want other Midland teams to prosper too, it's good for the area, which these days is generally viewed by outsiders as a ****-hole. I have quite a few old mates who are Albion, simply because I went to a school in the Sedgley/Coseley area where there was a fairly even split. I have never 'hated' Albion and find this manufactured hate sad. Ten years ago we were heading for where Albion are now, and in other ten the boot may be on the other foot. Such is football. Success never lasts and nor does failure, how could it ever be otherwise? Triumph and Disaster -- the two impostors (Rudyard Kipling)
I agree about the West Midlands thing: as someone who's spent half my 42 years away from the area (Norfolk, south east, south coast and Yorkshire) I'm less invested in the local rivalries and more defensive about my lovely, ugly, hard but friendly part of the country.

However, having grown up around Blues and Villa fans, I still take some pleasure in the schadenfreude that comes with seeing my old mates' teams struggling. The Villa fans at school were fine, but most of my old Blues supporting mates were absolute bellers when it came to football. I even remember being in the South Bank for that Bully 3-2 game and seeing mates in their fake Burberry giving it the slit throat to us, haha. It's things like that and many others that mean that as much as I'd love us all up in the PL with us out front (ideal situation), I can also enjoy seeing them floundering. Albion I dislike for other reasons. But the point I'm making in a rambling way is that I'm always a bit conflicted... in a way it's win/win while we're doing well, either they're up with us (great, derby games and the West Midlands on the map) or they're not (screw em).

Off on a bit of a tangent, my most disliked clubs are: Leicester, Brum, Liverpool, West Ham and any plastic tat club like Reading or Bournemouth.

Last edited:

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I appreciate your philanthropic approach to Midlands football… but *******s to that I hope the Hawthorns gets struck by lightning and Putin gets his GPS wrong and bombs Villa park into the ground.

Blues I can tolerate.

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
any of our deal mol mix faithful ever feel wolves are doing ****e ,this is what you could have won .

View attachment 26956
If I had to describe what a typical Albion fan looks like it would literally be that bloke on the left. Crappy replica top, that likely stinks of BO, over a scruffy jumper. Both items tucked in. Albion wooly hat, that gets worn no matter how hot it is outside. Jeans that are ten sizes too big, and all frayed at the bottoms.

I know every supporter set has its fair share of odd balls, Christ, we have a gimp who wears a wrestling mask to every game, but that is albions typical supporter captured absolutely spot on.

jackdusty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
1645646022218.png

Ned Stark

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
If I had to describe what a typical Albion fan looks like it would literally be that bloke on the left. Crappy replica top, that likely stinks of BO, over a scruffy jumper. Both items tucked in. Albion wooly hat, that gets worn no matter how hot it is outside. Jeans that are ten sizes too big, and all frayed at the bottoms.

I know every supporter set has its fair share of odd balls, Christ, we have a gimp who wears a wrestling mask to every game, but that is albions typical supporter captured absolutely spot on.
Don’t diss the gimp, that’s a Raul tribute is my guess

Lycaon

Reaction score
Would you really want a shirt with Ideal Boilers on the front? Very inappropriate for women!
There again, Apollo 2000 wasn’t much better, reaching for the stars is one thing but crashing into the Sun is another!

Reaction score
Sorry BSK, but I wish them every ill that may befall them

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Personally I find their demise amusing, but I always remember we are always a few bad decisions away from being in the same position.

Their hubris came back to bite them on the **** so I’ll refrain from sticking the boot in.
Wise man. I guarantee that in no more than 10 years, we'll be roughly where the Albion are now. That is what happens to most football teams, unpalatable though it is. If you don't believe me, think where we were 10 years ago. We had just been walloped 5-1 at home by the ****e and were beginning to plummet. Who would have said then that 10 years later we would entertaining the idea of CL football? Football goes in cycles. Enjoy it while it lasts and don't gloat.

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wise man. I guarantee that in no more than 10 years, we'll be roughly where the Albion are now. That is what happens to most football teams, unpalatable though it is. If you don't believe me, think where we were 10 years ago. We had just been walloped 5-1 at home by the ****e and were beginning to plummet. Who would have said then that 10 years later we would entertaining the idea of CL football? Football goes in cycles. Enjoy it while it lasts and don't gloat.
Pre Fosun I'd have agreed with this and yes we may be back in the Championship in 10 years. It would need a succession of poor decisions to not be at least near the top of the Championship, but it certainly could happen. I can't see Albion being anywhere near as 'successful ' as we are currently, ever again however. Its certainly a stretch to imagine them challenging for top 4 in March!

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

If the last 10 years have taught us anything, I'd think that it's you shouldn't "guarantee" any predictions.

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Or revenge gloat when you can?

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You probably need to replace “guarantee” with “think” as this is elite sport and there’s no such thing as guarantees.

As for gloating. Is there any point to local rivalry without it. Just give it out and take it back, no issues with that.

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You probably need to replace “guarantee” with “think” as this is elite sport and there’s no such thing as guarantees.

As for gloating. Is there any point to local rivalry without it. Just give it out and take it back, no issues with that.
What are you, a ****ing lawyer? "I think it quite likely that..." is that acceptable?

Back
Top Bottom