Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

They ay happy down the Albooin

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
It's all going Pete Tong...

View attachment 26943

Don't you just love to see it?

Come on…be fair…if they win their games in hand on the teams above….oh…wait a minute…

Still…at least they’re playing an attractive brand of football…oh…

Well at least they’ve got a forward thinking Manager and will have lots of money to spend in the Summer to overhaul that squad…wait…what’s that….

woop woop barmy army

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Come on…be fair…if they win their games in hand on the teams above….oh…wait a minute…

Still…at least they’re playing an attractive brand of football…oh…

Well at least they’ve got a forward thinking Manager and will have lots of money to spend in the Summer to overhaul that squad…wait…what’s that….
The way some people comment on here you would think that is us. They really are a poor team. Hopefully a few season. In the championship and even league 1 will help

marrs-guitar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How did the football gods conspire that, in 4-5 years of almost none stop (relative) success, the only sustained poor spell we have in that time is when we got to play that lot again.

Still ****es me off to this day.

Nunoball always saw us struggle against the absolute dregs of the league.

We couldn't beat Sunderland in two attempts when they finished bottom of the Championship, then went up and lost twice to Huddersfield in the PL. In our FA Cup run, we almost went out of the cup to Shrewsbury, then played United off the park. It was inevitable we would have trouble against a team as rotten as they are. Put us against a Manchester City and we were always able to show our qualities, but give us a John Beck-inspired kick and rush shambles and it was often problematic.

I'm not sure it would be all that different right now, we've lost and drawn vs Norwich and managed a goalless draw at home to Burnley.

Bob Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
In his post match on Sky he still thinks they can be in the mix! Go on Brucie keep their hopes up and it will make the failure all the sweeter in the end… :)
What a moron. He’s just as close to 16th than he is to 6th.

And by moron I mean genius - a genius that they should keep as their manager for a good few years.

Manic88

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Same here mate, have never got on the teams back or booed a Wolves player in my life.

Forums are where you should be able to vent and express your thoughts, but nowadays that too is seen by some as getting at the team..

Don’t boo them if they’re putting the efffort in, but if they’re phoning it in and don’t give a toss (Johnson & Ohara era) then they’re just laughing at you as you happy clap them

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
Moved over to Halesowen, just after the 2002 capitulation, had to endure years of smugness down the local, and God didn't't they think they were someone. When we started back with Nuno, our secret society of Wolves fans gave each other that knowing wink and nod, they couldn't stand it "Don't want to talk about football!". "Money has ruined it", "Hate the Premier League!" etc.....

Been back home in Wolverhampton just over a year, safely back in old gold country where I can take my dog for a walk and watch me babies training and everyone in the local are Wolves, but sometimes I miss living behind enemy lines.......

doogisgod

Groupie
Reaction score
Moved over to Halesowen, just after the 2002 capitulation, had to endure years of smugness down the local, and God didn't't they think they were someone. When we started back with Nuno, our secret society of Wolves fans gave each other that knowing wink and nod, they couldn't stand it "Don't want to talk about football!". "Money has ruined it", "Hate the Premier League!" etc.....

Been back home in Wolverhampton just over a year, safely back in old gold country where I can take my dog for a walk and watch me babies training and everyone in the local are Wolves, but sometimes I miss living behind enemy lines.......
One question: how could you stand the smell for all those years??

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't sympathise with em, **** em, they have lorded it over us for years and as some one said they have not finished less than 6th in the Championship for years. If that is indeed true, let them rot for a decade in there like we did and then judge gates and quality of support etc.
Sod rotting in the Chump. Let them drop to L1 or even L2 just like we did and they took the pee. Like many older fans l've watched Wolves in both (albeit L2 was named differently at the time).

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My local is pretty much 80% Albion, 10% villa and 10% wolves.

I was in last night as we have a Tuesday night card school, the baggies fans weren’t very pleased to see me. I’ve actually not given them any stick for months one of them asked me at final whistle “quiet ain’t ya, surely have something to say”

Just took a sip off my pint “nah I’m not into kicking a dog while it’s down”

Bob Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
My local is pretty much 80% Albion, 10% villa and 10% wolves.

I was in last night as we have a Tuesday night card school, the baggies fans weren’t very pleased to see me. I’ve actually not given them any stick for months one of them asked me at final whistle “quiet ain’t ya, surely have something to say”

Just took a sip off my pint “nah I’m not into kicking a dog while it’s down
*Kurt Zouma’s ears ***** up

RedFlagWolf

Reaction score

I'm based in Stourbridge so can relate very much with what you are saying.

After the first game of the season I went to one of my local pubs (in Wollaston I'm fortunate to have several quality pubs) in my Wolves attire and had several pints.

On the next table were a couple in A****n shirts and over the following few hours we debated, discussed and basically ridiculed each other.

At end of evening (after several pints of Enville) the couple laid the following bet.....

£50 that Wolves will be relegated. I accepted the bet and shook hands.
£50 that the A*****n will be promoted automatically. I clarified the bet that it wasn't via the play offs and when he confirmed 'automatic' I accepted the bet and hook hands.

Several months have passed and not only do the couple no longer wear A*****n tops, they have disappeared off the face of the earth!

We now see very few A*****n tops around here and many of my mates now prefer womens curling than they do Brucey Ball!

The Times they are a changin!

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm based in Stourbridge so can relate very much with what you are saying.

After the first game of the season I went to one of my local pubs (in Wollaston I'm fortunate to have several quality pubs) in my Wolves attire and had several pints.

On the next table were a couple in A****n shirts and over the following few hours we debated, discussed and basically ridiculed each other.

At end of evening (after several pints of Enville) the couple laid the following bet.....

£50 that Wolves will be relegated. I accepted the bet and shook hands.
£50 that the A*****n will be promoted automatically. I clarified the bet that it wasn't via the play offs and when he confirmed 'automatic' I accepted the bet and hook hands.

Several months have passed and not only do the couple no longer wear A*****n tops, they have disappeared off the face of the earth!

We now see very few A*****n tops around here and many of my mates now prefer womens curling than they do Brucey Ball!

The Times they are a changin!
I live in Cradley so feel your pain. Drank in my local for 20 plus years and it’s very much a “everyone knows everybody” sort of boozer. When they were premier league and we were championship and league one they used to give me dogs abuse. I remember the Saunders fiasco and going in after home games and taking absolute pelters. I rarely bother with it now as that winds them up more. Though those recent Friday night games have been a joy to watch seeing them all squirm through 90 mins.

The couple of villa fans who go in are my favourite though they became vocal for a bit. I bet one of them £100 we’d finish above them after we lost our first three this season, he’s a good lad though every time I see him he tells me he hasn’t forgot the bet. When he pays I’m going to put £50 of it behind the bar for the Albion fans as they’ve suffered enough

RedFlagWolf

Reaction score
I live in Cradley so feel your pain. Drank in my local for 20 plus years and it’s very much a “everyone knows everybody” sort of boozer. When they were premier league and we were championship and league one they used to give me dogs abuse. I remember the Saunders fiasco and going in after home games and taking absolute pelters. I rarely bother with it now as that winds them up more. Though those recent Friday night games have been a joy to watch seeing them all squirm through 90 mins.

The couple of villa fans who go in are my favourite though they became vocal for a bit. I bet one of them £100 we’d finish above them after we lost our first three this season, he’s a good lad though every time I see him he tells me he hasn’t forgot the bet. When he pays I’m going to put £50 of it behind the bar for the Albion fans as they’ve suffered enough
I totally relate to this but think I have a even better example of suffering.....this time by a Villa fan.

My daughters partner is a Villa fan (home and away holder).....a decent bloke but as passionate about Villa as I am Wolves.

When we were 2.0 down the the Villa, my daughter placed £1 on Wolves to win at £100/1.

When she collected the bet she brought her partner these trainers he had dreamed of for years.

Every time he wears them she reminds him that those trainers are thanks to Neves and the mighty Wolves!

Its simply perfect!

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Maybe its time to resurrect that old thread I posted about whether there are more Wolves or Albion fans now, in your area :)-.
A lot of the Albion fans I know now tell me “they’ve fallen out of love with football” and “modern football is rubbish”, it’s funny they weren’t saying this 5 years ago!

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A lot of the Albion fans I know now tell me “they’ve fallen out of love with football” and “modern football is rubbish”, it’s funny they weren’t saying this 5 years ago!

Mind you, some round here have been saying similar quite recently. Bored with just being mid-table Premier League season after season, apparently.

R

reanswolf

To be fair I'm like you probably - I know one or two at work - one from West Brom one from Kingswinford, both decent guys but as a collective I hate them for various reasons and have longed for them to have a number of years rotting in midtable Championship obscurity (or worse).

It even got to the point where one or two WBA fans started to pop up around Wolvo - not any more, you never see them.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To be fair I'm like you probably - I know one or two at work - one from West Brom one from Kingswinford, both decent guys but as a collective I hate them for various reasons and have longed for them to have a number of years rotting in midtable Championship obscurity (or worse).

It even got to the point where one or two WBA fans started to pop up around Wolvo - not any more, you never see them.
They must have a dwindling fan base, most the ones I know are lapsed season ticket holders now and never go to games. Two of my best pals have had ST there for over 25 years and both are adamant they are packing in this season, neither attended the run of Friday night games as would rather come for a beer with their mates. I think it’s a mixture of rubbish football and transport, all the ones I know moan that there’s nowhere to park and since covid the trains are all over the place (it’s 10 mins by train from our end but constantly cancelled on match days apparently)

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
I see a guy with two kids in Wolverhampton every morning obviously taking kids to school they catch the bus that goes down the Stafford road, whatever the weather he always has his coat open and a grubby albion top on.

Last edited:

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
Those quotes are spot on. They've always been in our shadow, even when they were in the top flight and thought they were everybody's darlings, with their boing, boing and Brazilian style football, remind me a bit of Rugby fans always keen to display their inferiority complex by bragging off at every opportunity but disappear when it's not going well.

Don't think we ever shied away, good to see we're being the "better person" now the boots on the other foot.

Mardenboroughs Shoulder

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
We must understand that everything is well in Sandwell at the moment. They amassed enough points to ensure they stay up and then made a business decision not to get promoted. Imagine the cost saving on Prem wages, promotion bonusses and having to replace the Championship badge with the Premier League one on their replica shirts. It would take Deidre in the clubshop several days to hand stitch them!

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's probably not a popular view on here, but I don't wish the Albion any ill nor any other team (apart perhaps from Yanited). I love it when that rare thing happens and Wolves, Albion, Blues and Villa are all in the top tier, like it was when I was a kid. Of course I support Wolves and want them to be top of the tree, but I want other Midland teams to prosper too, it's good for the area, which these days is generally viewed by outsiders as a ****-hole. I have quite a few old mates who are Albion, simply because I went to a school in the Sedgley/Coseley area where there was a fairly even split. I have never 'hated' Albion and find this manufactured hate sad. Ten years ago we were heading for where Albion are now, and in other ten the boot may be on the other foot. Such is football. Success never lasts and nor does failure, how could it ever be otherwise? Triumph and Disaster -- the two impostors (Rudyard Kipling)

Back
Top Bottom