Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The OMFG you beauties Man City verdict thread

IOMWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola speaking after the loss against Wolves: "Congratulations Wolves, they deserved it. We had chances and struggled to deal with transitions and they played very well.

"We were there and settled well and the question is when the opponent is faster and quicker, we have to accept it."
Fair play to Pep although I still can't stand him
For the first time in a very long time, I'm going to watch MOTD tonight, and I'm going to enjoy it. Unbelieveable Jeff.
Me too

Aurum Lupus

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hang this in the Louvre.

A fully deserved win despite the referee’s best efforts and two very good goals by us.

Ait-Nouri was terrific, Neto is again showing his world class nature, Hwang knows where the net is and Sa made a couple of stunning saves.

What a stunner and even if I am in Liverpool for a bit of politicking next weekend: bring on the Villa!

View attachment 37603
I love how we only had 1 shot on target but scored two :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

Bob Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Watched it in the hospital, with Mrs Tamwolf who is being induced today. What a performance. A story for us to tell baby Tamwolf. Maybe being born in the Gary O'Neil era won't be so bad.
Perhaps a baby Gary??

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The media seem generally to be going down the route of Man City being off form rather than us playing well which is understandable.

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Back 5 way to go.

Well done Gary with team selection to start. Would still have liked some pro activity not reactive subs but we were ok today.

Very enjoyable and front 3 give us options. Solidifying defence is key to give us a chance with 1-2 goals which we can score.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have been highly critical of GON but today he got it spot on, and the players clearly were playing for him. One swallow doesn't make a summer, but that was a great performance. I forecast the win, as we have a habit of turning up for the big boys. Need to build on that v Villa, who put 6 past Brighton today. The only way from here is up --- if we can do this to City, we can do it to anybody, it just needs the 100% application we saw today. Now gonna have a few beers, it's my 75th birthday! Come on me babies!!!!
Happy birthday BSK.

I heard you were actually 76, but I know you’ve been ill for 12 months! :)

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Watched it in the hospital, with Mrs Tamwolf who is being induced today. What a performance. A story for us to tell baby Tamwolf. Maybe being born in the Gary O'Neil era won't be so bad.
Brilliant news after your difficult times @tamwolf hope it's all gone well and you've resisted the temptation to call the baby Pedro.

Edmund Dantes

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
As brilliant a performance as this was (from what I've heard plus the obvious scoreline), GON should rightly be praised however I don't quite understand the people asking for apologies. Yes we were brilliant today, but that doesn't excuse many of the pathetic performances we've already had to endure under the same man this season. We could very well go on to lose the next 5, or we could kick on, but to ask for apologies now for GON seems a bit early. Obviously hoping for us to kick on so lets see how things go!
Agreed. I think a team's position in the table by the end of November is the real tell about where things are headed

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The back 5 were brilliant, Gomes, Lemina and then Traore, fought for everything. Hwang, Cunha and Neto not only covered our FBs, they broke with pace. The whole team knew their roles and kept their shape. The best club side in the world couldn't break us down. Brilliant. If we stick together, keep up the energy and commitment, we will be safe.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
no.

no way he’s a proper manager and he’s also proven he’s a saundersesque **** head. GON should be gone in the morning!
Let’s have at least a week off from criticising a manager who came up against one of the greatest ever managers and teams in Premier League history and beat them, shall we!

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
From the BBC report:

"But, just as Pedro Neto had gone on a right-wing raid before the opener, Nelson Semedo's forward surge inspired a second for Wolves, who ended a run of six straight defeats against City.

It completed a miserable day for former Wolves midfielder Matheus Nunes.

The Portugal international went on strike to secure his £53m move to City last month and the home fans evidently have not forgotten as they jeered him every time he touched the ball before he was substituted at half-time."

Willywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The media seem generally to be going down the route of Man City being off form rather than us playing well which is understandable.
That’s standard when it comes to the top teams faltering. Rarely do they just accept the opposition got it right and played well. Compliments to the victors are usually barbed with comments such as ‘But City, Utd, Pool, Spurs, Arsenal were out of sorts.’

John Wolves Fan

Groupie
Reaction score
Everyone get their apologies in to @John Wolves Fan by 530pm please.

No need for people to apologise.

We all want the same thing and I predicted we'd take at least a point.

Some supporters need to have some faith in the project and what GON is doing and let things play out naturally.

We've just beat the European Champions so let's enjoy the moment.

floydstreet

Reaction score
Amazing win, just so wolves isn’t it.

few thoughts

GON deserves time, I’m not sure, I don’t know if he’s the answer but no point changing. But this one result doesn’t mean he’s brilliant, I am still not 100% sure on his tactic / strategy (today was obvious, but most weeks either it’s not clear, he isn’t translating it, or the players aren’t getting it yet), but he did great today and lets see if it beds in.
There are three worse teams than us - Luton sheff utd, burnley and Bournemouth
3 at the back can work, I think we need the fluency of switching between formations depending on the opposition and how they play (3 vs Brighton for example)
Hwang gets goals, he’ll play average sometimes but he scores and he starts
Neto is back , so good to see the player we need
A lot of recent scapegoats showed they can play - semedo, kilman, Hwang, Neto all been pillored on here at times
I still think we need a top striker - Fabio not there, cunha not a 9 although played well and Sasa an option but maybe not for the pressing etc , so sub option
we will have some shockers again this season, maybe stick with them and see where it gets us
Jeff Shi is still clueless, knee jerk and a worry.

Beeches wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I have been highly critical of GON but today he got it spot on, and the players clearly were playing for him. One swallow doesn't make a summer, but that was a great performance. I forecast the win, as we have a habit of turning up for the big boys. Need to build on that v Villa, who put 6 past Brighton today. The only way from here is up --- if we can do this to City, we can do it to anybody, it just needs the 100% application we saw today. Now gonna have a few beers, it's my 75th birthday! Come on me babbies!!!!
Happy birthday BSK. Have a good un.

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've been very critical of O'Neil and still don't think he's the man for the job, but I was impressed with what we did today. This wasn't just a low block performance - yes, we stood off Man City but we also compacted the game where possible. The weird triangle with Joao Gomes, Kilman and Semedo got a bit predictable, but we stuck to our game plan well, defended resolutely and had attacking threat on the occasional sojourns out of our own half. Man City had all the possession and attempts at goal, but whilst it had smash-and-grab elements I didn't see a City equaliser coming. As convincing as the scoreline was the sight of O'Neil constantly organising the backline and the embrace with Lemina at the end - if it's a stay of execution then he's earned it, and if it's more than that then happy days.

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have been highly critical of GON but today he got it spot on, and the players clearly were playing for him. One swallow doesn't make a summer, but that was a great performance. I forecast the win, as we have a habit of turning up for the big boys. Need to build on that v Villa, who put 6 past Brighton today. The only way from here is up --- if we can do this to City, we can do it to anybody, it just needs the 100% application we saw today. Now gonna have a few beers, it's my 75th birthday! Come on me babbies!!!!
Many Happy Returns! What a superb present for three quarters of a century.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Absolutely brilliant result. Like many, I was convinced we’d get hammered, and I’m very, very happy to have been proven wrong. Well done to the team, the fans, and of course to Gary and his coaches.

I will look forward to watching the highlights on MOTD tonight, having only been able to follow the updates via Twitter today. Weirdly, I was at my second Boro game this season, keeping my Boro supporter wife and daughter company in Watford. And just like last time, when we were watching Boro at the Hawthorns ( :( ), I was celebrating a Wolves win come the end of the game. This gives me a problem now. I don’t want to have to go to watch Boro play every week in order for us to win every week!

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not to take anything away from us but city were way below par. They lacked energy and creativity. I've not seen them like that before. For all their possession, sa had little to do. They only really had a couple of good chances. Also down to our defending but even so.

Back
Top Bottom