Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The OMFG you beauties Man City verdict thread

Bossworld

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Absolutely delighted, and Neto is proving to be a star.

Dunno how much credit to afford GO'N though, versus this squad finally putting in a performance that shows they're good players. To the manager's definite credit, City really didn't have that many open chances. So that has to be down to the game plan. Sa pulled off some good saves but mainly from distance.

Trying to be objective rather than negative so feel free to shoot me down. But when you look at the games where substitutions haven't been made at a good time, or we've been set up like we were against Luton, we'll have to wait and see whether today was just a flash in the pan.

Answering above, much better with a 5 (or 3, however you want to draw it) but seeing as we've got through swathes of managers trying to transition to a 4, can we give up on it? Or just revert to a 5 when playing the sides that dominate possession?

Last edited:

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Phenomenal performance. Back the manager now please, no more 'GON out' nonsense. Please stick with the back five Gary, it suits us so much more. Dawson less reliant on his pace in a three, Kilman more comfortable, and Toti imperious. Our full backs are better suited as wing backs. Our forwards are better on the counter attack. All things we knew, play to their strengths and reap the rewards...

Arc

Groupie
Reaction score
I unfortuantely wasn't able to watch it but I saw we were playing a 3 at the back, surely that's got to be the way forward? 3 atb doesn't have to be super defensive, but we're just so shaky at the back for a 4 to work

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Magnificent performance and huge credit to O’Neil. Set us up superbly and the players executed the game plan to perfection.

Defensively perfect. Semedo and RAN fantastic. Dawson with two goal-saving contributions but apart from those, we protected Sa incredibly well.

Neto sensational and Hwang with his best all-round performance in a Wolves shirt.

Sa 7
Semedo 8
Kilman 7
Dawson 8
Toti 7
RAN 8
Gomes 7
Lemina 7
Neto 9
Cunha 7
Hwang 8

Traore 7
Doherty 7
Fabio 6
Jonny 7

Just amazing. Exactly the result and performance that O’Neil needed to start to turnaround some of us non-believers. Huge credit to him, the coaching staff and all the players.

Arc

Groupie
Reaction score
As brilliant a performance as this was (from what I've heard plus the obvious scoreline), GON should rightly be praised however I don't quite understand the people asking for apologies. Yes we were brilliant today, but that doesn't excuse many of the pathetic performances we've already had to endure under the same man this season. We could very well go on to lose the next 5, or we could kick on, but to ask for apologies now for GON seems a bit early. Obviously hoping for us to kick on so lets see how things go!

Back
Top Bottom