Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The OMFG you beauties Man City verdict thread

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Cunha take a bow, son. It’s not your fault Wolves paid too much for you, and it doesn’t matter that you didn’t score but **** me, that was a true lesson in defending from the front. Wow! Just, WOW!!!!
He's one of the first names on the sheet for his press and ability to run the ball forward it's why ran gets the nod over Bueno for me. Cunha Pedro hwang all good

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As brilliant a performance as this was (from what I've heard plus the obvious scoreline), GON should rightly be praised however I don't quite understand the people asking for apologies. Yes we were brilliant today, but that doesn't excuse many of the pathetic performances we've already had to endure under the same man this season. We could very well go on to lose the next 5, or we could kick on, but to ask for apologies now for GON seems a bit early. Obviously hoping for us to kick on so lets see how things go!
I’m guessing you also hate Christmas…?

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Recently on here I have read that Wolves had no right to be on the same pitch as Manchester City, that it would be a record score in the premier league and the biggest mismatch of this season.

Fortunately, Gary O‘Neil and the players had more belief in themselves than most on here.

Well played Wolves. I knew we would win.

thommo1984

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Cunha take a bow, son. It’s not your fault Wolves paid too much for you, and it doesn’t matter that you didn’t score but **** me, that was a true lesson in defending from the front. Wow! Just, WOW!!!!
He brings so so much to this team….just not the things we needed when he was signed. Class player.

nomadwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

Wolves forward Pedro Neto speaking after the win over Man City: "It is the truth. Up front we have very good players. We know that we could have the opportunity on the counter. We are playing against the best team in the world but we had belief that this could be a turning point for us. We work hard and we take the three points."

How much does it mean to you personally?: "I had two difficult years and I needed confidence. The coach gave it to me and I am really happy to help the team and continue working.

"We knew that it would be a hard game and it would be a tough game."

Hwang on the scoresheet again?: "After the work [I put in] I was happy that the ball went in! I am happy to get the three points."

moseleyite

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not going to lie, I’m away on holiday this week with the family and, tbh, didn’t want to ruin the day so for one of the first times ever I actively chose to not watch a single second, and just check in on here at full time.

I caved after about half hour though and checked in on here to see the score. I then considered popping for a few beers in the bar next door o the hotel to watch it, but was scared I would curse it.

I then checked in on here at 5pm, fully expecting to see a verdict thread similar to the Liverpool game.

To then see the verdict title. Simply beautiful.

Still don’t even know the final score or wtf actually happened, but seeing that verdict thread title is enough for me.

Fair play Gary. Enjoy this evening.
Same emotions except I’m at the cinema rather than on holiday!

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Wolves forward Pedro Neto speaking after the win over Man City: "It is the truth. Up front we have very good players. We know that we could have the opportunity on the counter. We are playing against the best team in the world but we had belief that this could be a turning point for us. We work hard and we take the three points."

How much does it mean to you personally?: "I had two difficult years and I needed confidence. The coach gave it to me and I am really happy to help the team and continue working.

"We knew that it would be a hard game and it would be a tough game."

Hwang on the scoresheet again?: "After the work [I put in] I was happy that the ball went in! I am happy to get the three points."
Neto single handedly got us two goals out of nothing past 2 league games. Big big price tag on his head now after taking the champions of the world down

Southdownswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
From Blue Moon
"
We had a **** game but we still win or at least draw if the game is reffed fairly.

The man who scored the winner should have been sent off stone wall."

- No, if the game had been reffed properly, then a free kick would have been given to Cunha in the build up to Citys free kick and Hwang wouldnt have made a foul.

S G Wolves

Bad lover
Reaction score
Brilliant performance. Battled for the shirt.

Semedo, Neto and Ait-Nouri all 10s for me.

Also Dawson marked Haaland out the game. Well done Wolves, well done Gary.

I was honestly dejected have gone to Luton and Ipswich, this has got me well up again..

This is the Wolves way.

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have been highly critical of GON but today he got it spot on, and the players clearly were playing for him. One swallow doesn't make a summer, but that was a great performance. I forecast the win, as we have a habit of turning up for the big boys. Need to build on that v Villa, who put 6 past Brighton today. The only way from here is up --- if we can do this to City, we can do it to anybody, it just needs the 100% application we saw today. Now gonna have a few beers, it's my 75th birthday! Come on me babbies!!!!

Last edited:

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As brilliant a performance as this was (from what I've heard plus the obvious scoreline), GON should rightly be praised however I don't quite understand the people asking for apologies. Yes we were brilliant today, but that doesn't excuse many of the pathetic performances we've already had to endure under the same man this season. We could very well go on to lose the next 5, or we could kick on, but to ask for apologies now for GON seems a bit early. Obviously hoping for us to kick on so lets see how things go!

Yeah, it is one of those weird things with fans. A nice win today but tactically most of us would have come up with the same plan. It is the 'easier' games where he will be judged and rightly so.

Stourport wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I apologise.
I’m embarrassed
And ashamed.
I didn’t believe that was possible. - the players obviously did.
I was weak. They were strong.
An excellent performance from everyone of them.
And finally , well done GON

No need to apologise. It has been a hard year. Together we are stronger.

HICKO

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have been highly critical of GON but today he got it spot on, and the players clearly were playing for him. One swallow doesn't make a summer, but that was a great performance. I forecast the win, as we have a habit of turning up for the big boys. Need to build on that v Villa, who put 6 past Brighton today. The only way from here is up --- if we can do this to City, we can do it to anybody, it just needs the 100% application we saw today. Now gonna have a few beers, it's my 75th birthday! Come on me babies!!!!
Happy birthday UTW

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Anyone know what the fracas was between Semedo and Grealish at the end? Or Ederson going after Lemina for that matter. Or was it just City being salty?

IOMWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
And Crystal Palace who also played a small part
unfortunately they will be replaced by equivalent numbers of arrogant Gooners and Scousers
and hopefully a few entirely deserving Luton fans
Maybe not Scousers!

The Clock

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola speaking after the loss against Wolves: "Congratulations Wolves, they deserved it. We had chances and struggled to deal with transitions and they played very well.

"We were there and settled well and the question is when the opponent is faster and quicker, we have to accept it."

QB Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My flabber is ghasted. I was certain we were in for a thumping but they played their hearts out today.
Just a small moan today and it’s the usual one about refs and consistency. I think Hwang got away with one but there were several other instances where City players should have been booked. None more so than when Hwang went down on the touch line and their player is trying to roll him off the pitch using his leg to do so. What if that leg had been fractured? I know it wasn’t but what’s the point of rules if the refs aren’t going to play by them consistently?
Besides that well done Wolves you all did great. I will even eat humble pie and say GON got it right realising we can’t go toe to toe with City and instead we need to be resolute at the back and hit them on the break.
Dako, he was booked, so was Sa in the same incident!

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
I have been highly critical of GON but today he got it spot on, and the players clearly were playing for him. One swallow doesn't make a summer, but that was a great performance. I forecast the win, as we have a habit of turning up for the big boys. Need to build on that v Villa, who put 6 past Brighton today. The only way from here is up --- if we can do this to City, we can do it to anybody, it just needs the 100% application we saw today. Now gonna have a few beers, it's my 75th birthday! Come on me babies!!!!
Happy birthday glad it’s a winning one

steve vena

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We've all been critical and it's been fully deserved. Today though it's fully deserved for being great. 5 at the back it is though. The players did brilliantly and well done to GON. He's deserved some stuck though.
I hope we can pick up now.

Back
Top Bottom