Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Sven Botman (Lille)

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Botman is incredible. I see him watching David all the time. Very disappointed he's not coming. He would have been our best instantly.

Deak77

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Then why the whine and moan about missing out on Botman when that’s just conjecture too? In the 30 mins after the Romano post, there were a long list of people complaining and attacking the club. Why? The reality is we likely won’t know the outcome either way until about this time tomorrow. It could all be a massive disappointment, a massive party, or something in between.
Because this forum is a sounding board for people's thoughts and frustrations,and that was mine.I also started my post with the word 'if', I wasn't moaning or whining, I'm keeping a very open mind.

Romano is known as almost gospel,so after he proclaimed any deal was dead, its only natural to speculate as to why.

I too hope that we'll be celebrating a successful window tomorrow evening.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Because this forum is a sounding board for people's thoughts and frustrations,and that was mine.I also started my post with the word 'if', I wasn't moaning or whining, I'm keeping a very open mind.

Romano is known as almost gospel,so after he proclaimed any deal was dead, its only natural to speculate as to why.

I too hope that we'll be celebrating a successful window tomorrow evening.

I agree and understand. It’s a more exciting and interesting window than most…

BlahBlah

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Botman is incredible. I see him watching David all the time. Very disappointed he's not coming. He would have been our best instantly.

Yep, if he's that good it's worth paying as much as we paid for Fabio Silva, if we're making investment choices as well as footballing ones.

I see Dias has signed a new deal at City, to replace the 6 yr contract he signed less than 12 months ago. He cost £65 million then, currently sitting on a contract up to 2027 he must be rated the most expensive defender in the world.
If we'd have gone in for him 12 months earlier when he was just about affordable, we'd have less FFP worries now because we could sell him to City.

Will Wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Botman and Sanches would be an incredible window. Unlikely but you never know in football.
Very exciting, add to that the way we have been playing, plus key players to come back… could be a fantastic season.

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And then there was Cutrone.:rolleyes:
Usually via the agent, and if there's a chink of light, to the player themselves to get it over the line.

The issue is a lot of agents will carry on negotiating even when the player is less than interested and back them into a corner.

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I agree and understand. It’s a more exciting and interesting window than most…

To fall into line with the Premier league deadline day rules I was wondering who from the Mix will be representing the forum by going to Compton and dancing around behind the Sky reporter with a gold and black, rubber dong stuck to their forehead?

I am not bald and I am working tomorrow so I’m out…any volunteers?

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Man, reading the fall out on this thread after Romano's post, it is gonna be complete and utter meltdown when the Sanches deal falls apart tomorrow.

Halesowen wwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Spiers has confirmed it now
Would make sense: get cash now for Botman (e.g. €30m), then loan us Sanches with an option, knowing they'll get another €30m or so next summer.
Especially as sanches apparently only has one year left next summer

Beer Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
On this season and last.... Kilman over Boly every day of the week.
I agree with you. I would take Boly at his best, unfortunately I do think we've seen his best.
One area where Boly is still probably better is as a dominant header of the ball in both boxes.
I do see an improvement in that area with Max this season, and hopefully he will continue to improve.

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
Botman has the air of a Dias deal all over him. As we've stated we nee to get in for the best young players before they become out of our reach. With incoming fees for Mir and Otasowie I think that £25m is not out of our reach financially and it'll be about Jeff wanting to get the absolute best price and the player wanting to come here.

If we are working on two deals with Lille I wouldn't be surprised and would add a little to the time being taken. Really hope we're not kicking ourselves in 12 months time.

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
can't help thinking Botman and Sanches deals are linked. Maybe Jeff has emptied his piggy bank and said "I've got £46m and 57p" - you can have half now and half next summer for Sanches

Lille think he's got a bigger piggy bank hidden somewhere so trying it on....

Ultimately they need cash desperately. So who blinks first....

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Jez Moxey was still at the club he'd have had this done and dusted ages ago offering Lille his new "baguette and a bottle of wine" scheme.
No we would have had the ‘we’re done and happy with our business signing a replacement for Doris’ only to have the Lille chairman later say he’s slightly bemused that a Mr Moxey from Wolverhampton phoned and asked about the health and well-being of Renato and Sven and waffled about a pie and a pint but didn’t discuss any transfer business.

JamesWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lille are in talks to sign Jerome Boateng, make of that what you will

Edit: ignore my stupidity

Last edited:

JH1902

Groupie
Reaction score
Another no go on this one unfortunately. Fabrizio confirmed.

Back
Top Bottom