Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Sven Botman (Lille)

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Mods - if you think this should go on to the Rumours thread then move it if you wish, but John Percy of The Telegraph states we are pushing to get this one done!

Wolves are pushing to sign Lille defender Sven Botman in a £25 million deal before Tuesday’s deadline.

Botman is Wolves’s top target as they pursue a new centre-half and the two clubs are set to hold further talks over a potential move on Tuesday.

Wolves have already seen one offer rejected by the French champions and are battling to strike a resolution, with the two clubs some way apart on valuation.

Bruno Lage, the new head coach, wants Botman to play alongside Conor Coady in the centre of defence as he reshapes his team.

Hwang Hee-chan, the South Korean international, completed his loan move to Wolves from RB Leipzig on Sunday.

Keyser Soze

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good to hear we’re still pushing hard for our No.1 target… Spiers says £30m and too much for us, now £25M and it’s maybe not too much… this is the one that will go down to the wire

Jeff hopefully playing a blinding hand if he’s waiting out the Chelsea/Sevilla chain to fall down so we get a clear run at him

fingers crossed

oldgolded

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would be equally amazed and delighted if we did land him.

Snarlingwolf

Groupie
Reaction score
From Alfonso Leocadio on Twitter:- | Wolves are still in direct contact with Sven Botman. He has not been ruled out. But no agreement yet. Kounde deal is looking unlikely but these next few hours will be crucial. with @kors_andreas #transfers #Chelsea #Sevilla #Wolves #WWFC

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So 5 million apart in valuation. Needs to be resolved and sharpish.

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I guess much of it depends on what he wants.

PL appearances guaranteed, or take a chance that Seville will be able to buy him, so La Liga plus European matches.

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Great signing but wouldn't play him alongside Coady.

yeah i thought that was an odd comment from a journo who usually knows what he's saying..... i suspect J Percy has told the people running the transfer blog, and they've just added the Coady bit in

Last edited:

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So 5 million apart in valuation. Needs to be resolved and sharpish.

It doesn’t matter if we closed on the price now, until Lille believe Sevilla are out of the picture, they won’t complete a deal with us. Two reasons, money for them (bidding war), and player preference. At some point before end of day tomorrow, either Sevilla come in with an offer, or Lille accept a bid from Wolves.

92WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He'd be another left footed CB so if Kilman was to retain his place (as deserved) then he'd continue to the right. But he seems to be doing well there so might not be an issue

Hope we we can get him.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Never know anything about these players, but feel Lage really wants a back 4 and got to say that so far this season Kilman has been the outstanding performer. Semedo - Botman - Kilman -Marcal with a backup of Hoever - Coady - Boly - Ait-Nouri sounds like a great line up (obviously with the option of a 5 and Saiss if needed).

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Mods - if you think this should go on to the Rumours thread then move it if you wish, but John Percy of The Telegraph states we are pushing to get this one done!

Wolves are pushing to sign Lille defender Sven Botman in a £25 million deal before Tuesday’s deadline.

Botman is Wolves’s top target as they pursue a new centre-half and the two clubs are set to hold further talks over a potential move on Tuesday.

Wolves have already seen one offer rejected by the French champions and are battling to strike a resolution, with the two clubs some way apart on valuation.

Bruno Lage, the new head coach, wants Botman to play alongside Conor Coady in the centre of defence as he reshapes his team.

Hwang Hee-chan, the South Korean international, completed his loan move to Wolves from RB Leipzig on Sunday.

JEFF PAY THEM THIER FILTHY FOREIGN FRENCH MONEY AND GERRIM BAB

**edited - this was moderated to delete ‘filthy’ - obviously I don’t think French people or foreigners are filthy it’s ironic humour in the spirit of Blackadder. If you want to force moderate this and be that PC fair enough I quit the forum.

Last edited:

pacamac

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Never know anything about these players, but feel Lage really wants a back 4 and got to say that so far this season Kilman has been the outstanding performer. Semedo - Botman - Kilman -Marcal with a backup of Hoever - Coady - Boly - Ait-Nouri sounds like a great line up (obviously with the option of a 5 and Saiss if needed).
Kilman over Boly based on what 3 games? Crazy.

SB_Upper

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Whilst I would absolutely LOVE us to land this kid, I personally think after seeing the first 3 games of the season that the midfield should be more of a priority position than CB.

Can I be greedy and ask Jeff for both??;)

JamesWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Very good scout report read up on him here, you can clearly see why Lage wants him.

But the line about playing with Coady, He seems like he'll replace Coady

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Very good scout report read up on him here, you can clearly see why Lage wants him.

But the line about playing with Coady, He seems like he'll replace Coady

watching that he plays like kilman!!

Wolves2018

Reaction score
Whilst I would absolutely LOVE us to land this kid, I personally think after seeing the first 3 games of the season that the midfield should be more of a priority position than CB.

Not sure if we're going to go into a 4 at the back with this guy and put an extra person in the middle, maybe more of an attacking midfielder like MGW or Podence who will link the Midfield and forwards more... maybe the reason why CB is priority, we will see...

But like you say I wouldn't mind both ! :)

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I really want this to happen for two reasons. Firstly he’d improve us, a lot. Secondly the deal would be there forever to bring up when pantwetters are desperate for a signing long before the end of the window. There’s no way Botman was joining us in July but he might now that all “better” options have disappeared as if by magic like mist on a summer’s morning.

Planty

Groupie
Reaction score
This would be a proper 'wow' signing if it comes off.

looking at the good young CBs from ligue 1 at the start of the window I was convinced badiashille, caleta-car, bade, botman etc would be out of our reach. Botman perhaps the pick of the bunch.

Jayjaywolves

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
What’s the betting Fab Tweets progress in the next few hours, he’ll be on the jet by tomorrow lunch time. Bish bash bosh.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Spot on. If we get him, great but we'll have shed loads of CBs and FBs, loads of fast wide players but Neves and Moutinho in cmf. That's the area we need the re-inforcements. Thinking of yesterday Neves could easily have got his leg broken and then we are really in the ****.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jeff, you know that’s he’s a generational talent at CB, just have to get this one done!

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Spot on. If we get him, great but we'll have shed loads of CBs and FBs, loads of fast wide players but Neves and Moutinho in cmf. That's the area we need the re-inforcements. Thinking of yesterday Neves could easily have got his leg broken and then we are really in the ****.
Exactly. I just do not understand it if no central midfielder is signed by 11 p.m. tomorrow. Just one serious injury to Neves, Moutinho or even Dendocker and we are in real trouble. Anguissa has gone to Napoli on a loan with an option to buy for 17m eruros - surely just the kind of deal that would have suited us and given Neves the perfect partner.

Last edited:

Superted

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I read some other rumours somewhere that Sevilla want Djene Dakonam from Getafe to replace Kounde, not Botman.

Going to be an interesting deadline day.

D

Deleted member 9202LYK

Seems to me that this window is make or break and this deal will make or break the window.

a proper centre half to let us switch to four at the back and take Bruno’s style to the next level…

or stick as we are and gradually lose collective heart and plummet towards the championship and the end of Jeff’s career.

R

reanswolf

Exactly. I just do not understand it if no central midfielder is signed by 11 p.m. tomorrow. Just one serious injury to Neves, Moutinho or even Dendocker and we are in real trouble. Anguissa has gone to Napoli on a loan with an option to buy for 17m eruros - surely just the kind of deal that would have suited us and given Neves the perfect partner.
I agree. It seems Bruno doesn't particularly rate Dendoncker, and altho Mouts and Neves have excelled so far, they (especially the former) will not be able to do it as winter kicks in week in week, out as we saw last season - so another option in midfield is absolutely critical for me. I am getting concerned now.

But I trust Jeff and Fosun. If we don't, I will be very concerned about the season as a whole.

Back
Top Bottom