Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Sven Botman (Lille)

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Could well be the case. If we are to believe Jeff then our model is going to be develop players to sell. We simply have to start investing in promising talent.
Exactly this. Because if we don’t we will soon find ourselves back in the championship. The harsh reality that faces Jeff now. We either invest in the first team or go further backwards…..

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And yet when those investments don't instantly pan out, the club get slated for them
Equally this could be agents talk. I saw a report yesterday that Palace were "leading the chase for him". People are too quick to believe paper talk, like the 6 monthly reports of Neves and Raul leaving

Aurum Lupus

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Equally this could be agents talk. I saw a report yesterday that Palace were "leading the chase for him". People are too quick to believe paper talk, like the 6 monthly reports of Neves and Raul leaving
Agreed, there were also reports yesterday both Newcastle and Palace are after RAN.... While I'm sure they both are, I don't for 1 second think we'd sell to them or that he'd want to drop to a lower team

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Obviously trying to drum up interest ahead of the window
Agreed, there were also reports yesterday both Newcastle and Palace are after RAN.... While I'm sure they both are, I don't for 1 second think we'd sell to them or that he'd want to drop to a lower team
clubs see our sell to buy model and think we will accept any offer that’s not how it works lazy journalists

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Convinced there are a few of these in the offices of news agencies: one with a list of players, one with a list of teams. Spin the wheel, see where it lands, hey presto the latest dead cert rumour

trainers_warehouse_9.26.189592__65721.1600286989.jpg

kennyB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Could well be the case. If we are to believe Jeff then our model is going to be develop players to sell. We simply have to start investing in promising talent.
You mean like Silva and Hoever? Right! We could make a profit on Kilman though I suppose!

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Players like Botman are how we improve. We have to sign these promising younger blokes, and develop them into better players because we cant just go out and buy the finished article.
I generally agree with your point, but we signed Mosquera and already had Kilman on our books! Really we need to be signing promising midfielders.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You mean like Silva and Hoever? Right! We could make a profit on Kilman though I suppose!

Yep, exactly like those 2. Just because they aren't ready at this moment in time doesn't mean they wont be in the future. The 2 you mentioned are 19 years old. They have plenty of time yet. Some greats of the club werent first team regulars at 19, some were but they will be judged on what they have done when their careers are over, not as they are just beginning.

Its not about just picking out 2 players anyway that might not be setting the world on fire at a very young age. Its about our capability to improve them and give them the right platform to improve.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I generally agree with your point, but we signed Mosquera and already had Kilman on our books! Really we need to be signing promising midfielders.

The position doesnt matter to that extent though if you think about it. We are choosing to play with a back 3, so we need plenty of options. Saiss and Boly are both 30 plus. One has become extremely injury prone. Having a few options for our system makes sense. Dont disagree though that we need other positions as well.

I think we need a bit of a blend in reality. We probably need a few more players like Botman for example who are first team ready over say Silva who isnt. My own personal opinion though is we arent great at finding the right way to bring these players on.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The position doesnt matter to that extent though if you think about it. We are choosing to play with a back 3, so we need plenty of options. Saiss and Boly are both 30 plus. One has become extremely injury prone. Having a few options for our system makes sense. Dont disagree though that we need other positions as well.

I think we need a bit of a blend in reality. We probably need a few more players like Botman for example who are first team ready over say Silva who isnt. My own personal opinion though is we arent great at finding the right way to bring these players on.
We need a blend yes, but I think our options in that area are getting to be a bit on the inexperienced side anyway. Just my opinion though. Could do with a Moutinho type signing in the centre back department.

Aurum Lupus

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

We could do with going and poaching RB Leipzigs head of scouting(or whatever he's called!)

Jay Jay de Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Missed the boat with Botman now probably as Sanches also..
Newcastle have made an improved bid for him.. So no chance there now

END OF INTEREST!

Leominster_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Black Coffee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Keen on move - not keen on move??

Almost like its lots of speculation!!

Well the Daily Fail and factual news don't exactly go hand in hand.

Leominster_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well the Daily Fail and factual news don't exactly go hand in hand.
well no - but there were hundreds of those links. But I remember seeing something the other day saying he wasn't keen on the move due to the position they are in, which was the Italian link

lots of things to fall into place - Do Lille want/need to sell? does the player want to move? Just because Newcastle have improved an offer doesn't mean its a done deal. It may well happen - who knows

But If I was a selling club and Newcastle came sniffing - the price would be instantly inflated. Firstly everyone knows they have the oil dollars to splash and secondly they are going to get hesitancy from some players wanting to join.

However money does often talk.

*edit - I will also add don't think he's coming to us either

Back
Top Bottom