Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Sven Botman (Lille)

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If you want to buy a car, what is the classic move when the dealer offers you their “best” price? You walk out of the dealership. Dealer can let you walk if they have plenty of potential buyers, or if they don’t, they can make you a better offer. But will they if you have already told the dealer you really want that particular car, or will they call your bluff?

Lille need to sell and the clock is ticking. Right now, it appears they have no buyer as Sevilla cannot buy, and Wolves have walked away. Someone is going to get a great deal in the next 24 hours.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They always talk to the player first. Every big transfer ever and even most ones in like championship
Of course, but then we wouldn't have made an offer in the first place?

We made an offer, it was rejected. The deal is now off.

Seems to me that it's clearly financial.

Pintandkebab

Reaction score
You leave things late you get screwed over more times than not.

Early preparation is key to most things

If we end up with the lad from Fulham then we really have waited all this time for him . Will show to me what a shower of **** it has been all window and I hope Guo is looking for a new chairman .

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Of course, but then we wouldn't have made an offer in the first place?

We made an offer, it was rejected. The deal is now off.

Seems to me that it's clearly financial.
Yeah, we'd have had a price and wouldn't have risen to theirs. It's a shame but that is the way business works.

T

TheConcourse

If you want to buy a car, what is the classic move when the dealer offers you their “best” price? You walk out of the dealership. Dealer can let you walk if they have plenty of potential buyers, or if they don’t, they can make you a better offer. But will they if you have already told the dealer you really want that particular car, or will they call your bluff?

Lille need to sell and the clock is ticking. Right now, it appears they have no buyer as Sevilla cannot buy, and Wolves have walked away. Someone is going to get a great deal in the next 24 hours.
Very risky when we’re out of control of that situation. There are always other luxury cars. It far too late in the window to sign a luxury CB.

R

reanswolf

They always talk to the player first. Every big transfer ever and even most ones in like championship
I'm not convinced they do to be fair, they seem to waste so much time bartering and negotiating only to be turned down by players.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Then why leave it to the last minute to go in with a lowball offer that was never going to accepted? Straight out of Moxeys playbook that one.
If they want €30m and we go in at €27m they know we'll go to €30m. If we go in at say €22m, we're more likely to get them to come down and in this situation where Kounde move is in the balance so Sevilla might pull out as a potential buyer, they're in a desperate need to sell and we're the ones who want one of their players for a tidy sum. They fear losing the sale so drop their demands from €30m to a figure we're happier with.

Of course - we could just be being tight - we'll find out in the next 24 hours or so. But to me this deal is completely off... until it's back on again (unless the player has other ideas, but I doubt we'd have bid in the first place if he wasn't interested)

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Very risky when we’re out of control of that situation. There are always other luxury cars. It far too late in the window to sign a luxury CB.

Of course it’s risky. We’re talking people making commitments running into several tens of millions, which is a significant fraction of our club’s turnover. Risky for Lille too, perhaps more so if they end up breaching FFP. Right now, they’re staring into an abyss. We’re not. Tick tock as so many posters like to say.

I’m not a gambler, but I have negotiated deals far bigger than this one (not in football).

SilverstoneWolf

Reaction score
"Nobody knows the trouble I've seen
Nobody knows my sorrow
Nobody knows the trouble I've seen
Glory, hallelujah.

Sometimes I'm up
Sometimes, I'm down
Yeh, Lord... yeh Lord"

Let's face it - everyone who knows Wolves knows that no-one knows what will happen tomorrow....

All we know is there is likely to be sorrow....

Happy days! Sleep well tonight chaps!

R

reanswolf

Zinchenko aside (and he agreed then reneged) who?
Well I don't know the individual details, all i will say is our transfers "seem" convoluted and protracted. I get that we need to negotiate the best price and that its difficult to get players to come to an unfashionable area of the UK, but the first thing I would try to ascertain is whether the player wants to come here.

The transfer that seems to support my view is Cutrone, who clearly never wanted to come here at all, so it was obvious Wolves did not ascertain what the player's thoughts were before proceeding with buying him.

Also, I guess its difficult as the club have no right talking to a player's representative without the owning-clubs permission. But that should then be a key thing to find out - whether a player would come before taking it further with the selling club.

Last edited by a moderator:

SakosRightFoot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well I don't know the individual details, all i will say is our transfers "seem" convoluted and protracted. I get that we need to negotiate the best price and that its difficult to get players to come to an unfashionable area of the UK, but the first thing I would try to ascertain is whether the player wants to come here.

The transfer that seems to support my view is Cutrone, who clearly never wanted to come here at all, so it was obvious Wolves did not ascertain what the player's thoughts were before proceeding with buying him.

Also, I guess its difficult as the club have no right talking to a player's representative without the owning-clubs permission. But that should then be a key thing to find out - whether a player would come before taking it further with the selling club.

Trouble is I guess you get to a stage where the kind of player we actually want is one who has reservations about joining us. We’re obviously biased but if you’re an up and coming player you probably look at us as a club who’ve only had a few years in the top division and don’t pay the wages of others like the big 6 and the likes of West Ham and Everton might. You can probably add Leicester to that list in terms of attractiveness so you’re kind of saying at best do you want to join the 10th most attractive club in England or go somewhere else in Europe where you play european football.

Keyser Soze

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sanches's injury would mean Lille wouldn't be able to sell him this window to most clubs... perhaps us striking a deal for him and paying a decent loan fee (and hopefully a permanent one too if he stays fit) and as a result we can make up the difference in the Botman transfer fee as it seems likely we are a few million apart in valuation and thats the issue

Very optimistic view, but we must still be having dialogue with Lille. Still hopeful Percy is ahead of Romano on this one and Sanches loan has changed the deal on the table

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Possibly people knew we were talking to Lille and assumed it was for Botman rather than Sanches, that or Jeff’s negotiated a BOGOF deal.

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To e honest with Boly back, kilman playing so well and the option of Mosquera Coady Saiss and Donk as possible CH’s plus Lonjwik and Marques, I’d rather we spend big on a CM. As pointed out we’ve only conceded 3 goals against 3 high quality opponents. We need goals from midfield and someone to jon in the box a la Lampard

Deak77

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we've penny pinched on this and it costs us the deal it would be pretty shocking,considering we spunked £35m on an unknown kid last summer.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With what?

Sanches is also at Lille, and it appears we may be about to sign him on loan. Given he’s currently out injured after knee surgery, imagine the conversation between Wolves and Lille, who need cash before deadline day, and to reduce their salary budget…

AlexWolvesHD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hope we go back in for Botman if its true we pulled out or are still a distance away from agreeing a deal, the fulham cb looks a promising player who could turn good in a few years but in terms of current ability he isn't really any better than what we already have in Boly and Kilman where as someone like Botman is that higher quality addition that Lage referred to

Deak77

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sanches is also at Lille, and it appears we may be about to sign him on loan. Given he’s currently out injured after knee surgery, imagine the conversation between Wolves and Lille, who need cash before deadline day, and to reduce their salary budget…
I know,I'd kept up with that bit,but until anybody signs it's complete conjecture,so nothing further as yet to keep up with.

D

Deleted member yltz11841

Hope we go back in for Botman if its true we pulled out or are still a distance away from agreeing a deal, the fulham cb looks a promising player who could turn good in a few years but in terms of current ability he isn't really any better than what we already have in Boly and Kilman where as someone like Botman is that higher quality addition that Lage referred to
I hope we do go back in for Botman as I just don’t rate Tosin as any better than what we have. Plus he’s 3/4 years older than Botman anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Midfield was the key for me, Sanches is a very high risk but extremely high reward signing. Probably won't be ready to October unfortunately but could have major impact

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know,I'd kept up with that bit,but until anybody signs it's complete conjecture,so nothing further as yet to keep up with.

Then why the whine and moan about missing out on Botman when that’s just conjecture too? In the 30 mins after the Romano post, there were a long list of people complaining and attacking the club. Why? The reality is we likely won’t know the outcome either way until about this time tomorrow. It could all be a massive disappointment, a massive party, or something in between.

Back
Top Bottom