Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer 2023 Transfer Window Thread

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No , I would have thought just a pay off would suffice. If Lop wanted a big fat pay off he would have stuck it out until Xmas
An article I read some time ago stated that Jlo and his staff were being paid about three times the average salary gor our level of management. It sounded plausible. We dont know what the package was but it looks like he wanted out and now not later.
If normal though most pay offs will be conditional on the leaving manager getting a certain amount and could depend on how much he being paid by his new club.
I dont think we need to fear he will be sleeping homeless.

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I like McAtee the most. Knows where the goal is, has great technique, strong on progressive carries, intelligent and versatile. He has been working on his upper body strength over the summer, and after struggling initially on loan last season, he came into his own for Sheffield United after Christmas in particular.
Although Blades fans seemed to prefer Voldemort over Mcatee…..he who cannot be named…

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Forest signing Hudson odoi, they’ve made some great signings lately

Fair play, that would be a fantastic signing for them on the back of Matt Turner, Andrey Santos and Montiel. Also rumoured to be for Sangare at PSV.

For all the mocking we did about how many players they have, that seemingly scattergun approach last season kept them up, and they finished very close to us.

We absolutely do need to strengthen if we’re going to finish above them and others this year.

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just watc

Wasn't it the club that chased JL?
If he's such a nightmare as @Stourport wolf has told us on such boring repeat, then due diligence by the club should have ruled him out,so whichever way you wish to slice it, down to the Muppets running the club.
Oh that’s right…if Fosun turn left: Muppets, turn right: muppets, sell players: muppets, buy players: muppets, keep a manager: muppets, sack a manager: muppets, hire a manager: muppets…
I’m going to stick my neck out here and maybe suggest there’s some confirmation bias going on. Whadya thunk? :tearsofjoy:

Flaneur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fair play, that would be a fantastic signing for them on the back of Matt Turner, Andrey Santos and Montiel. Also rumoured to be for Sangare at PSV.

For all the mocking we did about how many players they have, that seemingly scattergun approach last season kept them up, and they finished very close to us.

We absolutely do need to strengthen if we’re going to finish above them and others this year.
& For all their however many signings they made last summer with that scattergun approach, they managed to stumble upon Awoniyi, who I genuinely believe is a quality #9. I thought it was quite odd how he barely played for them last season...

Corporate Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Even Forest fans will be singing Mind The Gap

Embarrassing Wolves……FFS wake up.

Starsky

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We all know about the finances, but I'd imagine that getting players to buy into the project(whatever the **** it has become) is not easy either.

Maybe that's why it's happening late after all their other options are done.

MotorWoden

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Do players still go on loan for a month? Or am I going senile and that was never a thing
It definitely used to be a thing. I don't think it's a thing anymore though. I am not sure when it stopped being a thing or why.

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just watc

Wasn't it the club that chased JL?
If he's such a nightmare as @Stourport wolf has told us on such boring repeat, then due diligence by the club should have ruled him out,so whichever way you wish to slice it, down to the Muppets running the club.
It was yes, and I assume they believed he was worth it because he’s a good coach which he proved to be. I personally feel he felt he was better than Wolves and whilst it seems the goalposts were moved I get the feeling he was happy for the out.

There seems to be some divide where by you either have to be fully behind the club or fully behind Lopetegui, in my opinion I blame both to varying degreees. I’m disappointed Lopetegui’s gone but because he seemingly didn’t want to be here as much as because the club ****ed him over.

so-called fan

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
It definitely used to be a thing. I don't think it's a thing anymore though. I am not sure when it stopped being a thing or why.
I think it's because they now insist that players can only change clubs during a window. It might still be possible to loan for a month but you would have to take the player in pre-season and return by the end of the window. That's my guess anyway.

Novawolf1

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
It was yes, and I assume …..,

There seems to be some divide where by you either have to be fully behind the club or fully behind Lopetegui, in my opinion I blame both to varying degreees. I’m disappointed Lopetegui’s gone but because he seemingly didn’t want to be here as much as because the club ****ed him over.
I’ve believed for some time that it was likely maybe late season that Fosun in China moved the goalposts and however high level Jeff Shi might be, he’s just a highly paid executive. I’m still disappointed with JLo because he and his followers were handsomely paid (£9m annually?) and he’s had no second thoughts about taking a big pay off which may well have helped if spent on a player. I don’t suppose he could relate in any way to the angst we read here from passionate supporters UTW

Bacon Sandwich

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Do players still go on loan for a month? Or am I going senile and that was never a thing
I'm delighted to tell you that Scarborough Athletic have 19 year old 'combative midfielder' Curtis Durose on a month's loan from Rotherham. The lad duly found the onion bag in the 3-0 win over Banbury.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm delighted to tell you that Scarborough Athletic have 19 year old 'combative midfielder' Curtis Durose on a month's loan from Rotherham. The lad duly found the onion bag in the 3-0 win over Banbury.
I believe you will find different rules for non league.

NothingButNeto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

“Tommy Doyle is likely to join Wolves from Manchester City if Matheus Nunes makes the switch from Molineux to the Etihad Stadium.”
If true,as usual, we have the wrong guy when McAtee would be by far the better option. The more I think about it the more I am sure we should not sell at any less than £70m. A price which would hopefully frighten them off. Just think Jeff how much would relegation cost?Whatever money came in, only half at most would be used for team strengthening, the rest would be spent on relative dross.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

“Tommy Doyle is likely to join Wolves from Manchester City if Matheus Nunes makes the switch from Molineux to the Etihad Stadium.”
From what I have heard about Doyle he would be the least of the players mentioned in a swap. Too defensive?

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If true,as usual, we have the wrong guy when McAtee would be by far the better option. The more I think about it the more I am sure we should not sell at any less than £70m. A price which would hopefully frighten them off. Just think Jeff how much would relegation cost?Whatever money came in, only half at most would be used for team strengthening, the rest would be spent on relative dross.

Doyle is right footed and can play defensive and attacking midfield, so I can see the sense to be fair.

Back
Top Bottom