Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer 2023 Transfer Window Thread

WWFC4EVA

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have no idea. Just seems to me a lot of people are whinging about Doyle because they want McAtee. If McAtee isn’t available and Doyle is a decent player, then is it such a bad thing?
I'll be honest Jade, I know nothing about either. City appear to want to hold onto one of them, but are seemingly happy to let us have the other. That's not to say that just because he's not good enough for Man City, he's not good enough for us, but surely if he were available and he was all that, somebody would've been in for him before now?

Starsky

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have no idea. Just seems to me a lot of people are whinging about Doyle because they want McAtee. If McAtee isn’t available and Doyle is a decent player, then is it such a bad thing?

But why accept any player unless he is markedly better than what we have - like Mcatee? Why take Doyle, full stop? They want our player!!

If we end up with Doyle, we've been bent over yet again.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Doyle has very good delivery

To be honest, we have players who can win the ball in midfield, and we have forwards who can carry the ball, but if we lose Nunes, we will be lacking players who can pick out a pass, which is what Doyle can definitely do according to the various scouting reports I’ve read.

Royal wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Everybody is whinging about anything atm. No matter what we do people will find something to moan at

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
I'll be honest Jade, I know nothing about either. City appear to want to hold onto one of them, but are seemingly happy to let us have the other. That's not to say that just because he's not good enough for Man City, he's not good enough for us, but surely if he were available and he was all that, somebody would've been in for him before now?
I just think there’s so much unknown here. How good is Doyle? Will he improve our team? Is McAtee available? How good is he? Would he improve our team? None of us really know.

JTWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
To be honest, we have players who can win the ball in midfield, and we have forwards who can carry the ball, but if we lose Nunes, we will be lacking players who can pick out a pass, which is what Doyle can definitely do according to the various scouting reports I’ve read.
Nunes can’t pick out a pass. His passing ability is worst part of his game

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nunes can’t pick out a pass. His passing ability is worst part of his game

Really? I thought I’ve seen him starting to do this more? I mean that was Neves’s key strength in an attacking sense. I don’t see it as a strength in any of our other current midfielders.

mcfc

Reaction score
Doyle has very good delivery
That’s definitely his strongest asset, a good championship player nothing more nothing less. He won’t improve your first team. Mcatee is quality. Hodge played with both throughout his time at city so would help either settle in.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We need to actually spend the cash and get another winger in asap.

floydstreet

Reaction score
If it was macatee you’d have people moaning and wanting Doyle

Reality is most haven’t seen much of either
We don’t know it’s true - crook gets a lot wrong

It may include a loan also - I’d personally take palmer based on the few times I’ve seen him.
But also IF we are taking the money and IF we are investing , not all of the options and solutions will come from Man City.

StaffordWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If it was macatee you’d have people moaning and wanting Doyle

Reality is most haven’t seen much of either
We don’t know it’s true - crook gets a lot wrong

It may include a loan also - I’d personally take palmer based on the few times I’ve seen him.
But also IF we are taking the money and IF we are investing , not all of the options and solutions will come from Man City.
Palmer looks like a very good prospect to be fair.

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hudson Odoi won’t amount to anything decent. Probably signed for a club around his ceiling.
Another Lingard for me, lots of talent but really lacks commitment

Reactions: Ned

Summer_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why have we suddenly become a team that does business so late? Bed plsyers in over preseason ffs

Because that's what well run clubs do. We haven't been a well run club for 4 years now, and even that summer when we were in Europe, we had a terrible transfer window and didn't bring in the players Nuno wanted. Frankly we'll be lucky to pick up the scraps no one wants on deadline day and even then, I don't trust them to get even that done.

ade123

Reaction score
Based on what often happens with new managers ...... expect to see incoming from Bournmouth end of transfer window! o_O Sorry for posting.;)

Summer_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Another point on doing business early, you can bet Hobbs and JL had the targets lined up too. Not over the top expensive players, but the likes of your Gyokeres, Alex Scott, Elvedi. Until Fosun and Bull**** Jeff came and scuppered all that. Hobbs frankly may as well not be here, his job is totally redundant and working with 2 hands behind his back while Fosun remain in post.

Bugsy911

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Another point on doing business early, you can bet Hobbs and JL had the targets lined up too. Not over the top expensive players, but the likes of your Gyokeres, Alex Scott, Elvedi. Until Fosun and Bull**** Jeff came and scuppered all that. Hobbs frankly may as well not be here, his job is totally redundant and working with 2 hands behind his back while Fosun remain in post.
Shameful what's gone on , they'll be taking us down If we don't get in 3 of 4 quality players before the window closes the squad is threadbare and that's before injury and suspensions hit.

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why is Doyle seen as the replacement for Nunes when Nunes leaving primarily leave us with less options for the wide midfield positions?
As far as I can tell it leaves us with Hwang, Neto and Sarabia for the winger/wide midfielder positions.
That's not very impressive..
In central midfield we already have Lemina, Gomes, Boubacar and Hodge and while he's better than Hodge I'm not sure he's much better than Boubacar. And he's certainly not better than Lemina and Gomes.

Back
Top Bottom