Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer 2023 Transfer Window Thread

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Does anyone have the slightest faith the club will get this right? I don't. We will land up with a weaker team- it is as simple as that. A couple of late panicky signings will seek to put sticking plaster over a gaping wound. What a mess. Clubs we approach will know we are in a hurry and desperate plus that we suddenly have some money to burn. Also most of our targets are being or have been snapped up.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Exactly- McAtee is the attacking midfielder who could at least partly replace Nunes but of course City will hold on to him as our people don't seem to have a clue.
We’ve got 4 defensive midfielders in our squad: all 4 of our actual midfielders. An attacking midfielder is a must or we won’t get the ball to the forward players for them to miss chances.

Arc

Groupie
Reaction score
Just watched the most recent wolves video with cunha and nunes in and it makes me sad to see nunes likely to go. I really loved the brazilian contingent we have in the squad of nunes, gomes and cunha. They all are amazing people from what I've seen and they provide such a strong future for this team and the core of what I'd build the team around. I really hope that the club gets this transfer right if nunes goes. Bringing in doyle is not good enough. Money + mcatee/palmer would be alright I guess but I'd still rather we just kept nunes mainly because I don't trust the club to reinvest the money and even if they do I don't expect them to do it right

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Whatever you think about wolves I think we can all agree that Notts Forrest are indeed the team doing bits this summer
But will they pay the agents and players this time?

And by the way, anyone know if the below has been solved?

floydstreet

Reaction score

Doesn’t matter
It’s all toothless

On this basis
Forest will have to sell half their squad next summer
They won’t of course

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Probably not, it's fantasy football finance again. Just like Chelsea and Everton. All smoke and mirrors.

Kay WWFC

Reaction score

“Tommy Doyle is likely to join Wolves from Manchester City if Matheus Nunes makes the switch from Molineux to the Etihad Stadium.”
Although some (including myself) may have been hoping for McAtee, Doyle is still a solid replacement who actually is more prolific than nunes, as well as good defensively. Yes the Championship is a lower level, but many quality players such as Eze and Olise performed admirably there and continued to perform in the prem. £60 plus Doyle on a permanent and I think we have done quite well

(Nunes v Doyle comparison below)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230825-192602.png
    Screenshot_20230825-192602.png
    217.9 KB · Views: 7
  • Screenshot_20230825-192616.png
    Screenshot_20230825-192616.png
    240.6 KB · Views: 7
  • Screenshot_20230825-192620.png
    Screenshot_20230825-192620.png
    224.1 KB · Views: 7

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I like Doyle, I think he's better then Hodge who needs a championship loan and gives a different option to what we've got. But I don't think he starts.

Hopefully we get sombody on loan from them too

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Doyle is right footed and can play defensive and attacking midfield, so I can see the sense to be fair.

He is by far the lesser player compared to McAtee as I understand in terms of being a natural attacking midfielder with goals in him. Doyle more defensive?That is why you can be sure City won't let us have him...Doyle also is not in the current first team reckoning while McAtee is. But knowing our club we will bring in yet another defensive midfielder at a time when we can't score a bloody goal and are in such danger because of that.

Last edited:

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I like Doyle, I think he's better then Hodge who needs a championship loan and gives a different option to what we've got. But I don't think he starts.

Hopefully we get sombody on loan from them too
What will they value Doyle at -£20m? and yes our negotiators would fall for that.

Redhillwolf

Reaction score
Mcatee or Palmer surely?

No we get Doyle.
Sheer incompetence to bring in the worst of the 3 possibles and another defensively minded player! How the hell are these people running a football club when they clearly have no clue and if GON is signing this off as a player he wants I despair too! Only hope is that we have somebody else lined up to replace Nunes and Doyle is a squad filler…?!

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don’t know enough about Doyle to comment.
It’s like you have the choice between Leon Clarke or Callum Wilson and you sign Leon Clarke. He’s probably just ahead of Hodge, possibly.

He’s 22 in October and had an ok season for Sheffield Utd last year but had spent the previous 3 years away from City.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
It’s like you have the choice between Leon Clarke or Callum Wilson and you sign Leon Clarke. He’s probably just ahead of Hodge, possibly.

He’s 22 in October and had an ok season for Sheffield Utd last year but had spent the previous 3 years away from City.
Who is Wilson in this situation?

Metal Wolf89

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just watched the most recent wolves video with cunha and nunes in and it makes me sad to see nunes likely to go. I really loved the brazilian contingent we have in the squad of nunes, gomes and cunha. They all are amazing people from what I've seen and they provide such a strong future for this team and the core of what I'd build the team around. I really hope that the club gets this transfer right if nunes goes. Bringing in doyle is not good enough. Money + mcatee/palmer would be alright I guess but I'd still rather we just kept nunes mainly because I don't trust the club to reinvest the money and even if they do I don't expect them to do it right

Nunes is Portuguese.

Arc

Groupie
Reaction score
Supposedly celtic were linked with doyle and their fans didn't seem happy about it

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don’t know enough about Doyle to comment.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What will they value Doyle at -£20m? and yes our negotiators would fall for that.

Probably because of Homegrown tax. He for me doesn't start but battles out Traore to start.

For anybody that doesn't know much about him.
Really good at passing with his range, touch and vision. Got a long shot on him too. More of a playmaker then a destroyer which is different to what we couldn't have in the midfield.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
If we've enquired, and they're not, is that grounds alone to sign the one they want to get rid of?
I have no idea. Just seems to me a lot of people are whinging about Doyle because they want McAtee. If McAtee isn’t available and Doyle is a decent player, then is it such a bad thing?

Back
Top Bottom