Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer 2023 Transfer Window Thread

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t know what’s happening one way or the other. What I will say is, if Fosun are blatantly “asset stripping”, why did we not sell Kilman? He’s the asset with the most profit margin? How does that fit the narrative?

Because they need to retain a small competitive squad to try and keep us in the PL. Relegation will massively reduce the club’s value in a sale, so this is about selling everything they can while keeping us up while the sale is progressing.

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My source has been pretty much on the money so far - I am told nunes to city personal terms agreed offered £48m will pay £55m but we want cash on the nail causing the issue. Also semedo to Manure £36m again cash on the nail. Looks like something afoot - nothing concrete but my source heard whispers Fosun getting as much cash as possible as they have may have a buyer and they have cash issues. Plus if they don't sell we won't signing anyone this window

£36m for Semedo?

SydneyWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
What’s the point of them being loaded if they can’t spend it??
Hence the player sales which have a twofold purpose - release cash that can be distributed to Fosun ( any sale will be on a cash free / debt free basis) and provide a current year profit so that incoming owners have the capacity to incur losses / invest in players that fit their strategy

Mighty Thor

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With the greatest possible respect to your source @Mighty Thor and I have been posting about Fosun's cash issues for about three weeks. In simple terms "cash issues" = they're ****ed.
Wouldn't be remotely surprised to see Guo 'disappear.' Still, he'll have a nice hat to wear in prison...
I think we were posting this well before it became mainstream media also. Just google the mess China is on. It’s not pretty and is becoming more apparent day by day. Levered. Dysfunctional. Opaque. Basket case. .

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Talk on wolves rumours that club is for sale/sold
I would very much doubt if it was sold if we would even think of selling players like Nunes. A new owner would not wanting to take over a club destined for the drop. I also think that Fosun also would not have paid off JL and co.

Asthmatic Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How does selling players help with selling the club?
Allows cash influx to Fosun helping them towards realising what they consider the value of the enterprise, whilst lowering the overheads and overall value of the club making it more attractive/affordable to buyers.

As a global conglomerate they are almost exclusively debt financed so everything they do is a gamble really, it’s in their nature.

Novawolf1

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I don’t know what’s happening one way or the other. What I will say is, if Fosun are blatantly “asset stripping”, why did we not sell Kilman? He’s the asset with the most profit margin? How does that fit the narrative?
Would one of the posters with a finance background be in a position to explain how any asset stripping can be accommodated in the FFP/Profit and sustainability mechanism ? Surely the transfer income would still have to be shown ? How can money be removed from the club ?

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
All big if’s but £60 million or so for Nunes, £36 million for Semedo and a fee for Podence would take us up to around £200 million in sales and mega millions off the wage bill, with only Doherty and Tom King signed on frees.

If it all comes off, I reckon we’ll end up spending £20 million of that or so tops? Elvedi and Brownhill and maybe a loan or two if we’re lucky. £180 million or so profit in a window as ST prices go up and the ground continues to fall apart. Perhaps Jeff will write everyone a thankyou letter?

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How serious is the Semedo interest? I’ve only seen one dodgy article.

AndyWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Allows cash influx to Fosun helping them towards realising what they consider the value of the enterprise, whilst lowering the overheads and overall value of the club making it more attractive/affordable to buyers.

As a global conglomerate they are almost exclusively debt financed so everything they do is a gamble really, it’s in their nature.
Forgive my ignorance, how do fosun take money out of the club?

Surely the club is just lowering the asset value whilst raising the cash at bank value, it'll net out the same.

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Do people realise it doesn't matter how much we sell Nunes for, we're not spending any of the money
I'm sure they do if they were honest but they're trying to hold on to their ridiculous notion that Fosun are honest and trustworthy.

Halesowen wwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
All big if’s but £60 million or so for Nunes, £36 million for Semedo and a fee for Podence would take us up to around £200 million in sales and mega millions off the wage bill, with only Doherty and Tom King signed on frees.

If it all comes off, I reckon we’ll end up spending £20 million of that or so tops? Elvedi and Brownhill and maybe a loan or two if we’re lucky. £180 million or so profit in a window as ST prices go up and the ground continues to fall apart. Perhaps Jeff will write everyone a thankyou letter?
It isnt 180m profit. Only the neves and coady sales were mainly profit. Collins, nunes etc still have most of their original transfer fees to be taken into consideration

Superted

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Would one of the posters with a finance background be in a position to explain how any asset stripping can be accommodated in the FFP/Profit and sustainability mechanism ? Surely the transfer income would still have to be shown ? How can money be removed from the club ?
I suspect it would basically be repayment of loans from Fosun which moves cash out but reduces the debt on the balance sheet by the same amount. Anything else would be shareholder dividends (which you can technically only pay if you make a profit) or loans to Fosun, which would be pointless.

Novawolf1

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I suspect it would basically be repayment of loans from Fosun which moves cash out but reduces the debt on the balance sheet by the same amount. Anything else would be shareholder dividends (which you can technically only pay if you make a profit) or loans to Fosun, which would be pointless.
Thanks for that…so the FFP mechanism overlays the formal accounts and we benefit because losses reduce ?

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought Fosun had written off their loans.

Evthewolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
That's been my view too but the last couple of weeks have me thinking this is now about a club sale and making it workable. Tonight we have rumours this may be the case.
What are the rumours? The same ones that have been around for months or have I missed something? It’s possible as I haven’t read every post.

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It isnt 180m profit. Only the neves and coady sales were mainly profit. Collins, nunes etc still have most of their original transfer fees to be taken into consideration
Ok we’ll have spent £180 million less this summer than we’ve brought in. Happy?

SakosRightFoot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ok here’s the plan

Sell Nunes to City for £60million plus Kalvin Phillips on loan for the season and one of the young midfielders we were linked with permanently.

Sell Semedo to United for £20million plus Wan Bissaka on loan for the season

Buy Elvedi, sign Alonso, find a forward and away we go having won the transfer window

Bill McCai

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We've signed Doc and Tom King so far having brought in c£95m in sales. And Doc was only signed as he bumped into Hobb on the golf course (FFS).

We are not 'winning' the transfer window.

We have also swapped out Lopetegui and staff for Gary O'Neil and Shaun Derry.

Season tickets are more expensive.

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ok here’s the plan

Sell Nunes to City for £60million plus Kalvin Phillips on loan for the season and one of the young midfielders we were linked with permanently.

Buy Elvedi, sign Alonso, find a forward and away we go having won the transfer window
Do you have a number for your dealer lol?

StourWolves

Groupie
Reaction score
But after the Neves & Coady sales FFP was no linger a real issue. Just a smokescreen by Jeff to not spend any money

Halesowen wwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
But after the Neves & Coady sales FFP was no linger a real issue. Just a smokescreen by Jeff to not spend any money
I dont disagree. Was just saying we havent and wouldnt be making 180m profit with the sales of nunes and semedo along with the ones already sold

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Ok here’s the plan

I'm not in the 'drive him there myself' gang, but at OT when Semedo had maybe his best game for Wolves, I'd still have said Wan Bissaka was far better. If they wanted to offer a straight swap I'd bite their hands off.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In some ways I hope he goes to man city so I actually get to see him play as a central midfielder.

He will likely fill in on the right while De Bruyne is out, and his position for City isn't going to be too dissimilar to where he's played here though in reality.

Man City's 3 have one sitting (Rodri) and the outside 2 of the 3 taking up those little pockets of space that Nunes has been taking up for us.

SakosRightFoot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We've signed Doc and Tom King so far having brought in c£95m in sales. And Doc was only signed as he bumped into Hobb on the golf course (FFS).

We are not 'winning' the transfer window.

We have also swapped out Lopetegui and staff for Gary O'Neil and Shaun Derry.

Season tickets are more expensive.

We also signed Cunha and Traore permanently for a significant outlay. We seem to do this every summer with loan to buys we’re such an ungrateful fan base at times. Like money being spent doesn’t count because the player was here already.

Wolf in the sun

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Ok here’s the plan

would love this with the way things are...is that you jeff or matt ?

Bill McCai

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We also signed Cunha and Traore permanently for a significant outlay. We seem to do this every summer with loan to buys we’re such an ungrateful fan base at times. Like money being spent doesn’t count because the player was here already.

Of course it counts, we committed to the Cunha deal in Jan when Hobbs said the project was 'back on'. Since then we've decided it isnt, lost our manager, brought in GoN/Derry and signed King and Doc (from the golf course). People are not going to be wild about selling Nunes - as they have (rightful IMO) concerns the money wont be invested back in the squad or spent on dross like Brownhill/Cresswell.

SakosRightFoot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Of course it counts, we committed to the Cunha deal in Jan when Hobbs said the project was 'back on'. Since then we've decided it isnt, lost our manager, brought in GoN/Derry and signed King and Doc (from the golf course). People are not going to be wild about selling Nunes - as they have (rightful IMO) concerns the money wont be invested back in the squad or spent on dross like Brownhill/Cresswell.

Yeah I agree, but that wasn’t my plan put forward

Back
Top Bottom