Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer 2023 Transfer Window Thread

rg4352

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Honestly if we accept below 50m im finding hobbs on saturday

Don’t think we will, problem is we don’t know what’s written in Nunes’s contract, remember quite a few theories floating around regarding early release clauses or fee thresholds when it was believed Liverpool wanted him last season, if that’s the case we may be a bit stuck in what we can hold out for

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Any other team would demand close to £100m for Nunes, might even get McAtee on loan or apart of the deal. As we have been interested. Not us though. We'll sell for market price and then not replace him.

I actually hope we get relegated. They deserve to lose the money. I don't care what division we're in I'll still be a fan. Fosun will leave as soon as they money is gone.

Asthmatic Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Forgive my ignorance, how do fosun take money out of the club?

Surely the club is just lowering the asset value whilst raising the cash at bank value, it'll net out the same.
I agree it will lower the asset value but not like for like - player transfer values aren’t paid for at book value in a takeover

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don’t think we will, problem is we don’t know what’s written in Nunes’s contract, remember quite a few theories floating around regarding early release clauses or fee thresholds when it was believed Liverpool wanted him last season, if that’s the case we may be a bit stuck in what we can hold out for
Romano is good on release clauses he would have said about it.

Feel we are pathetic, if we sell him genuinely without putting up a fight, words beyond me.

You cant have mouthpiece keen and o neil saying we want to keep unity in the squad keep key players unless inflated bids then accept 43m.. what we bought nunes for. thats a shambles (considering paqueta 82m bid etc)

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
if we sell semedo and nunes by Monday, i dread to think what the squad will look like close of window and importantly what dross we will bring in
Well according to most on here Semedo is rubbish and Nunes an underperforming spineless clown lol
So the squad will be no worse off apparently

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well we sold Giles for 5m, while Scott goes for over 20m, so it’s not the first fire sale price this summer.
Giles was sold because no wanted to bid above 5 to 10m. Middlesborough were interested but nothing like the idea of 10 plus million.

We have a 20 to 30% sell on clause and matching buy back

Scott when for that much as an attacking player plus age. Giles genuinely not that mainy suitors, feel we have put him in shop window and test him in prem, to see if we then want him back

rg4352

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Romano is good on release clauses he would have said about it.

Feel we are pathetic, if we sell him genuinely without putting up a fight, words beyond me.

You cant have mouthpiece keen and o neil saying we want to keep unity in the squad keep key players unless inflated bids then accept 43m.. what we bought nunes for. thats a shambles (considering paqueta 82m bid etc)

Wasn’t necessarily referring to a release clause, was talking more about an agreement with the player where if a top 6 side comes in we won’t stand in his way providing said team allows us to make xx profit or something similar. A set release clause I agree would have been mentioned by now.
Also I’ve seen no mention of city’s initial bid being accepted so pointless flapping about it until we hear if it’s been rejected or not and what the addons are.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Giles was sold because no wanted to bid above 5 to 10m.

We have a 20 to 30% sell on clause and matching buy back

Then we don’t sell him, simple. A 20-30% sell on clause is not going to close the gap between 5m and 20m. Clubs initially refused to pay 20m for Scott, so Bristol waited until they became desperate, and someone did. We didn’t wait, despite also having a couple of clubs interested.

Superted

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I thought Fosun had written off their loans.
Not the ones they would have given us to spend £110M on players last year. We've made huge losses for last year, the money must have come from somewhere to create that loss because we bought the players and paid out the initial fees.

Only way I can see that being any different is if we've spread payments over longer installment periods and Fosun have underwritten those liabilities but that wouldn't allow Fosun to take cash out of the business because we would only owe Fosun that money if we defaulted on any payments.

The loans they wrote off were from a couple of years ago now.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Then we don’t sell him, simple. A 20-30% sell on clause is not going to close the gap between 5m and 20m. Clubs initially refused to pay 20m for Scott, so Bristol waited until they became desperate, and someone did. We didn’t wait, despite also having a couple of clubs interested.
We didnt want to keep him because there was to much competition on the left he would have languished with no game time and lost value, with inevitably another loan.

Which at 23 we wanted to make a decision for the player.

He was never going for 20m, and unlikely going for 10m, there are add ons with that 5m

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wasn’t necessarily referring to a release clause, was talking more about an agreement with the player where if a top 6 side comes in we won’t stand in his way providing said team allows us to make xx profit or something similar. A set release clause I agree would have been mentioned by now.
Also I’ve seen no mention of city’s initial bid being accepted so pointless flapping about it until we hear if it’s been rejected or not and what the addons are.
Its fair lets see what happens by GONs press conference, as journos will ask him

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bristol wanted £25 mil for Scott no one would go for that,they also wanted at least £10 mil up front which we couldnt do
I do agree we should have asked more for Giles though

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Semedo will go with bolla to come in.

Nunes will go with hodge to come in
£30 million or so for Semedo would be dreamland, but anything less than £60 million for Nunes with the bulk of the cash spent on decent quality additions would be an absolute ****take. Yet I would not be shocked if nothing at all was spent tbh?

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Honestly if we accept below 50m im finding hobbs on saturday
The trouble is, ManCity and Nunes now hold all the cards - Wolves want cash, Nunes will want to go to City, personal terms allegedly agreed and City are supposed to have made a (low) offer. If we cannot agree to a price (cave in?) that leaves us with another unhappy player that we have paid good money for, to add to Guedes, Podence and (supposedly) Silva. What a shi....t show.
I am not suggesting we do cave in, but we do need to agree a deal very quickly to give us a few days to find replacements/ additions where we are short. I would be suggesting to City that we will take their £45M as long as we have Doyle and McAtee on top!
Lets face it, Nunes has been inconsistent at Wolves and as well as he played against ManUre, he has been poor on other occasions - I am just not sure that he fits our system and we have mostly played him out of position to shoe horn him in. In a City side full of quality, he will shine, but that said I bet he plays about 30% of the minutes at city as he would have done at Wolves.
Hobbs, just get it done for a decent deal thats a win-win for us, the player and City, and use the money (& the incoming signings from City) to strengthen the squad in a way that fits our needs.

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Semedo will go with bolla to come in.

Nunes will go with hodge to come in
Is bolla actually at the club training.

Hodge is not a Nunes replacement and leaves us woefully short in midfield with 4 midfielders for a team that seems to want to press at 100 miles an hour. An injury and suspension (inevitable) and we’re ****ed.

Everyone says GON did well at Bournemouth with the quality of the squad he had. Fosun seem to be deliberately trying to make ours weaker.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
€50m seems far too low.
I suppose the devil is in the detail though.
If it’s €50m + €20m if the qualify for the champions league then it sounds better.
Of course if its it 50m plus 30m in achievable addons, like appearances, qualifcation etc its not the worse

rg4352

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Its fair lets see what happens by GONs press conference, as journos will ask him

To be honest I’m at a point of complete apathy with the whole thing anyway really, gave up my season ticket this year, which I’d never have thought I’d have done 4 years ago…. I’ll be wolves till I die but I’ve come to the realisation that football as I knew it no longer exists, it’s more of a competition driven by people trying to show whose got the biggest ego/dick nowadays intermingled with corruption that is spreading like mould. You’ve got a problem when success is driven by finding the most morally bankrupt owners you can who are willing to throw money around like confetti, or owners that aren’t hamstrung by their own country/government, it’s just depressing. Actually found myself much more invested in the women’s game, they are there through sheer passion and will to play the game they love, irrespective of whatever obstacles are thrown in front of them, and money flying about. Feel like that’s disappeared in the men’s game… Sorry will get off my soapbox now, just woke up this morning in an ah **** this mood :laughing:

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
You all remember the Jota transfer don't you? I'm expecting we'll get £45m over 5 years and then hand them back £10m for a youth team player which won't be Palmer, McAtee, Harwood-Bellis or Doyle or even Borges or Bobb, but some 22 year old that's not going to make it and is surplus to requirements.

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t know what’s happening one way or the other. What I will say is, if Fosun are blatantly “asset stripping”, why did we not sell Kilman? He’s the asset with the most profit margin? How does that fit the narrative?
Wolves wanted to sell Kilman, but he didn't fancy moving to Naples. He might now.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The trouble is, ManCity and Nunes now hold all the cards - Wolves want cash, Nunes will want to go to City, personal terms allegedly agreed and City are supposed to have made a (low) offer. If we cannot agree to a price (cave in?) that leaves us with another unhappy player that we have paid good money for, to add to Guedes, Podence and (supposedly) Silva. What a shi....t show.
I am not suggesting we do cave in, but we do need to agree a deal very quickly to give us a few days to find replacements/ additions where we are short. I would be suggesting to City that we will take their £45M as long as we have Doyle and McAtee on top!
Lets face it, Nunes has been inconsistent at Wolves and as well as he played against ManUre, he has been poor on other occasions - I am just not sure that he fits our system and we have mostly played him out of position to shoe horn him in. In a City side full of quality, he will shine, but that said I bet he plays about 30% of the minutes at city as he would have done at Wolves.
Hobbs, just get it done for a decent deal thats a win-win for us, the player and City, and use the money (& the incoming signings from City) to strengthen the squad in a way that fits our needs.

This is where hobbs should be running around looking at his target list getting contacts in be it the south american cms we have looked at etc and seeing who we can get it what we can bid as well as dealing with potential impact and outgoing of nunes

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bristol wanted £25 mil for Scott no one would go for that,they also wanted at least £10 mil up front which we couldnt do
I do agree we should have asked more for Giles though

But that’s my point. We didn’t want 10m, 15m, or 20m, we just wanted to sell as quickly as we could, and that’s the best offer at the time. That’s why there is a buy back clause. Scott isn’t worth 4-5x what Giles is based on what both players have achieved in the same league. Giles delivered far more goal contributions than Scott, not the other way round. But one selling club was happy to hold their nerve and seek the highest value, while the other was desperate and impatient.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
luton , sheffield and everton are the way we stay up

Back Pages: Everton finances a real worry​

The Daily Telegraph's Jason Burt says there's a worrying trend emerging at Everton, as their financial situation worsens, with a deal to sell 25 per cent of the club collapsing.
Burt said: "It's a very complex situation around Everton, the finances have become very overstretched. It really looks from the outside that Everton are sailing extremely close to the wind."

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Of course if its it 50m plus 30m in achievable addons, like appearances, qualifcation etc its not the worse
Its not the worst but imo we need to show some backbone here
You never jump at the first offer in any negotiation
We should be asking for £65 mil not Euros as a starting point
If we get £55/£60 mil plus add ons then fine its a good deal for all

AberWolf

Reaction score
Why are we worrying about replacing 1 goal? He hasn't fit our 11 since he turned up here, he hasn't looked interested until Man United when I'm sure he must have known about City's interest. Just get him out, get cash in the bank and everyone can move on. We can then play Hwang where Nunes has been playing, on the wing, where he should be. Far more balanced while unwinding a bad bet the club made on a superstar maybe wanting to play for Wolves.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is where hobbs should be running around looking at his target list getting contacts in be it the south american cms we have looked at etc and seeing who we can get it what we can bid as well as dealing with potential impact and outgoing of nunes

Mate, I agree, but there is zero chance of completing a deal for a South American player in 7 days, even if we met the selling clubs valuation, which we likely wouldn’t. It’s too late. The best we can do is to get Man City to agree to a loan for 1-2 of their young players as a sweetener in the Nunes sale. That or we buy another late career cast off.

Corporate Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He probably is to be fair; but Shi has already told him "You want how much freed up Matt? I don't think so. Pull the door to on your way out"

Back
Top Bottom