Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer 2023 Transfer Window Thread

MattH

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I don't suppose we'll see much money spent this summer even with Guo having seen that clown show today. But hopefully they'll be more open to some loans with obligations for players that will enhance the first team. CB was a priority before today but even more so now it looks like Dawson's legs have gone.

Yduti

Groupie
Reaction score
I don't suppose we'll see much money spent this summer even with Guo having seen that clown show today. But hopefully they'll be more open to some loans with obligations for players that will enhance the first team. CB was a priority before today but even more so now it looks like Dawson's legs have gone.
Its gonna be podence out and elvedi in then 1-2 loans

MattH

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Its gonna be podence out and elvedi in then 1-2 loans
Big difference between straight loans, eg the rumoured move for Pelestiri, and a loan to buy where we're more likely to get players who'll be regular starters and improve the first 11.

Jd132

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
It would be funny if it wasn't so tragic. Surprise surprise we still need a right back, a centre back, a number 10 and a striker to come in.

The outgoings are fine but the money earned needed to be reinvested in the squad. And it needed to be reinvested 6 weeks ago to keep Julen rather than being spent by the clown/yes man we now have in charge.

thommo1984

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The Jonny situation sums the whole thing mess up for me. Realistically we ain’t getting a fee for him, a minimal one at best, and his wages are a drop in the ocean compared to what we’ve brought in already.

The Podence situation isn’t dissimilar, not a chance we get £12m for him and yet apparently absolutely nothing can happen until they’re moved on.

Ludicrous situation from a totally inept chairman that has cost a first class manager. Well done all.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Subsidise a relegation rival, great. Knowing our luck he'll suddenly look like a world-beater too.
V good point.
We should not do Sheffield any favours.
Whilst we are probably all happy to let Jonny go, it is possible he becomes useful for them.
Sell him for a small fee that can go towards Elvedi would be ok. But loaning him and subsidising his wages would be ridiculous.

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
Just hoping if some good could come out of yesterdays performance is that Guo will realise he has to invest some cash this window before it’s too late.

I’m afraid we don’t need a back up CB we need a new starter. Whilst I live in hope that these capable footballers can eventually score we need a fox in the box type now.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just hoping if some good could come out of yesterdays performance is that Guo will realise he has to invest some cash this window before it’s too late.

I’m afraid we don’t need a back up CB we need a new starter. Whilst I live in hope that these capable footballers can eventually score we need a fox in the box type now.
Dawson looks to have massively deteriorated over the summer. Hopefully that will improve or we are deep in trouble.

moseleyite

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Dawson looks to have massively deteriorated over the summer. Hopefully that will improve or we are deep in trouble.
I think that perhaps part of the problem is that, because we're trying to play a more open game with less emphasis on ****housing points to stay up, it means more work for the centre halves thus exposing any weaknesses in their games such as a lack of pace. Of course, the counter is that it should allow us more chances to score... which it is.

T

TheConcourse

I’m not sure it’s the case that someone can deteriorate so much in such a short space of time, because he looked awful yesterday, and I know that’s not the case.

He was barely playing when he came to us, and so wouldn’t have been match fit. He looked better then.

Just like Nuno, JL compensated for our inefficiencies by being solid first in most games. It wasn’t pretty, but we won points.

We don’t have the pace at the back to be expansive. We never have. Even when we’ve tried to rectify it we brought in Collins who moved like a tank.

I’m really not sure why we aren’t just going with a back three with high full backs and two holding players.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Subsidise a relegation rival, great. Knowing our luck he'll suddenly look like a world-beater too.
You aleays have to take a gamble on things like that. You cant do both get rid of players that arenow redundant and worry about how they might do at a new club. Its all about which players you can bring in or promote from the younger players .

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’ve seen people suggesting that Guo and Shi will have seen the nature of the problem first hand and will perhaps allow us to sign some players. Even after yesterday’s debacle we won’t sign anyone. To do so would be to demonstrate that the summer’s narrative was *******s. Can you imagine if we did the same as last year but this time we’ve lost the quality manager and replaced him with the intern.

To be honest am waiting for Edwards to be sacked at Luton and then we’ll go down that route. Or Nathan Jones will suddenly become available.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’ve seen people suggesting that Guo and Shi will have seen the nature of the problem first hand and will perhaps allow us to sign some players. Even after yesterday’s debacle we won’t sign anyone. To do so would be to demonstrate that the summer’s narrative was *******s. Can you imagine if we did the same as last year but this time we’ve lost the quality manager and replaced him with the intern.

To be honest am waiting for Edwards to be sacked at Luton and then we’ll go down that route. Or Nathan Jones will suddenly become available.
Jeez, Nathan ****ing Jones? I'd rather keep GON. Edwards is a definite possibility.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think Edwards is written in the stars.. but imagine telling ourselves in 2019 that we would be hiring a manager sacked by Luton in 4 years time.
What's interesting is whether Edwards would regard coming to us as a step up right now

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

From everything I have observed since Fosun took over suggests that Shi has virtually no real input into what goes on. Its only when Guo steps in that anything major is likely to happen.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Oh, l didn't say that l wanted him but l'm absolutely bloody certain that had he not been employed in July he would now be Wolves manager.
Yep 100%. He was at the game yesterday so I hope he wasn’t meeting Guo.

rg4352

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What's interesting is whether Edwards would regard coming to us as a step up right now

I think he’d come anyway, has a soft spot for us and well regarded internally, he’d enjoy the prospect of heading up wolves success if given the opportunity I imagine, not convinced myself but I watching Luton with interest this season

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m really not sure why we aren’t just going with a back three with high full backs and two holding players.
According to some experts on here this stops our free-flowing, high-scoring football which we get with 4 at the back.

Our FBs all have one thing in common: they're better going forward than defending. In other words they're better wingbacks than fullbacks.

Sign a CB who is familiar with the 3CB system, play 2 holding midfielders and Hwang, Cunha and Fabio as a front 3.

You're welcome ;)

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
According to some experts on here this stops our free-flowing, high-scoring football which we get with 4 at the back.

Our FBs all have one thing in common: they're better going forward than defending. In other words they're better wingbacks than fullbacks.

Sign a CB who is familiar with the 3CB system, play 2 holding midfielders and Hwang, Cunha and Fabio as a front 3.

You're welcome ;)
Leicester have a candidate, a full international too, albeit currently crocked....

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

You're welcome ;)
If only we kept Coady lol Collins also excelling in a back 3 strange that 4 at the back is still our biggest issue with the majority of the same players that was used in a back 3…. Coincidence???

Semedo - Nuno back 3
Dawson - new JL man
Kilman - Lage back 3
RAN - Nuno back 3
Toti - Lage back 3 or JL at left back
Bueno - new JL but played mostly back 3 in u21
Doc - Nuno played back 3 wing back roll also left back under Jackett

So you can now figure out why can’t play with a back 4 very well. Because these current crop mostly Nuno’s team aren’t capable of playing it. We need a brand new defence to change the dynamic current evidence shows that. Or simply revert to our strengths and play a back 3!! Sign a centre back!!

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m not sure it’s the case that someone can deteriorate so much in such a short space of time, because he looked awful yesterday, and I know that’s not the case.

He was barely playing when he came to us, and so wouldn’t have been match fit. He looked better then.

Just like Nuno, JL compensated for our inefficiencies by being solid first in most games. It wasn’t pretty, but we won points.

We don’t have the pace at the back to be expansive. We never have. Even when we’ve tried to rectify it we brought in Collins who moved like a tank.

Because both of our offensive minded backs play the same side.

Gasman

Reaction score

You're welcome ;)
Semedo is no wing back!

Back
Top Bottom