Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer 2023 Transfer Window Thread

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Depending on the offer, if Liverpool come in for him i dont see how we can stand in his way at this stage of his career.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He also tweeted it's from people talking about it in the pub. Typical pub rumour talk. I can't see us letting go someone from our leadership group, who's a guaranteed starter this close to the end of the window. Liverpool have signed Endo and their top target is Doucoure from Palace.
Yep just a rumour and really hope it isn’t true. Him starting today would be a good sign

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He also tweeted it's from people talking about it in the pub. Typical pub rumour talk. I can't see us letting go someone from our leadership group, who's a guaranteed starter this close to the end of the window. Liverpool have signed Endo and their top target is Doucoure from Palace.

Yeah, and since it was doing the rounds on Twitter this week, then it’s not a surprise it was being talked about at the pub today. Means nothing unless we see one of the usually reliable journalists start talking about it as a possibility.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Guo was here this time last year just before Nunes and Guedes came in.

He was, and I doubt he would himself be here if it wasn’t to be followed by some positive news. It’s probably intended to reinforce the msg that Shi gave in his letter about Fosun’s continued commitment to the club. I’d expect that to be followed up by some modest spending before the window closes to support that.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Depending on the offer, if Liverpool come in for him i dont see how we can stand in his way at this stage of his career.
We can Easily stand in his way…..

He has a contract and it is wolves he plays for so it is what is best for us with the lack of investment in the squad already placing our safety in the league at risk if he is allowed to go as he is a key pillar of our team.

He wanted to come back to England and no one else wanted him, so he owes us too in this dynamic.

Selling him would mean real investment is needed for a like for like replacement. And fosun seem to be setting up for sale and survival at the cheapest rate possible.

Selling lemina puts us at real risk!!

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

He has a contract and it is wolves he plays for so it is what is best for us with the lack of investment in the squad already placing our safety in the league at risk if he is allowed to go as he is a key pillar of our team.

He wanted to come back to England and no one else wanted him, so he owes us too in this dynamic.

Selling him would mean real investment is needed for a like for like replacement. And fosun seem to be setting up for sale and survival at the cheapest rate possible.

In principle l agree. After this summer? A halfway decent offer and he's gone.....

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

How naive. Like thats going to work out well if he wants to play for Liverpool.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How naive. Like thats going to work out well if he wants to play for Liverpool.
Naive that he is key to our club?

He is a well paid player, who I don’t think is that way inclined anymore based on his interviews.

So you would sell him and weaken the squads front line options….. you see my point as naive, I see yours as bloody idiotic if you think we should sell as we won’t replace him with equal quality based on what is coming out of the club in terms of availability of funds.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Naive that he is key to our club?

He is a well paid player, who I don’t think is that way inclined anymore based on his interviews.

So you would sell him and weaken the squads front line options….. you see my point as naive, I see yours as bloody idiotic if you think we should sell as we won’t replace him with equal quality based on what is coming out of the club in terms of availability of funds.

No, i think you are naive if you think that if he does want to leave and play for one of the biggest clubs in Europe we can just keep him here. You are incredibly, incredibly naive if you think we can hold a player here under those circumstances and expect him to perform to his best.

If he's happy to stay here, i'd keep him unless its a ridiculous offer. I'd rather not weaken the squad any more, but every player has a price.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No, i think you are naive if you think that if he does want to leave and play for one of the biggest clubs in Europe we can just keep him here. You are incredibly, incredibly naive if you think we can hold a player here under those circumstances and expect him to perform to his best.

If he's happy to stay here, i'd keep him unless its a ridiculous offer. I'd rather not weaken the squad any more, but every player has a price.
Never said he wouldn’t want to leave and have that. Who wouldn’t….. I left clubs I was at to go up the levels.

What I said was I don’t think he will kick up a fuss.

But we can keep him here if it doesn’t work for us. Also looking at Liverpool, he would be a one season signing at best as they lost their two much younger targets to Chelsea. They need players now, and they will refresh with the younger ones next summer.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Never said he wouldn’t want to leave and have that. Who wouldn’t….. I left clubs I was at to go up the levels.

What I said was I don’t think he will kick up a fuss.

But we can keep him here if it doesn’t work for us. Also looking at Liverpool, he would be a one season signing at best as they lost their two much younger targets to Chelsea. They need players now, and they will refresh with the younger ones next summer.

No you didnt, you said we could easily stand in his way, which is nonsense. It would work in theory, in reality, it wouldnt.

I dont think he will kick up a fuss either, but we arent keeping any of our players from a move to a club like Liverpool if they match our valuation.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No you didnt, you said we could easily stand in his way, which is nonsense. It would work in theory, in reality, it wouldnt.

I dont think he will kick up a fuss either, but we arent keeping any of our players from a move to a club like Liverpool if they match our valuation.
We can easily stand in his way.

Brighton stopped caecedo and macalister leaving in jan when both wanted out…… both wanted by teams who had champions league football last season.

It can be done easily and clubs have stopped players leaving since the Dawn of professional football of the move doesn’t work for the club.

Back
Top Bottom