Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer 2023 Transfer Window Thread

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If it was maths on Countdown Sa would be in the general area of the correct answer, Bentley would be a fair few out, King would have no answer and whilst Schmeichel used to be very good he’d be scrambling around and end up nowhere near. If Sa goes we need a replacement that isn’t Schmeichel!

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's often slightly too late in the tackles too..
Defintely needs to develop at a lower level.
Like I was saying earlier, replacing him with Brownhill and him developing for a year in the championship would be win win for me. He'll be a good player I think, but games down there would be great for him IMV

Streathamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Toti and Hodge. Hodge would hugely benefit from a Championship loan and playing 25+ games.

Harsh on Toti perhaps but we're one CB injury away - or a Collins-like red card - from him having to start games, with no senior backup, so we're asking for a real problem there at the moment.
Toti starting isn't a problem. Having no reserve after that is.

Lawley Wolf

Reaction score
Under normal circumstances I would suggest that demanding £50m for Lemina from Liverpool would be an amazing 8 month piece of business. But, let’s face it, the money will go straight in to Fosun’s pockets and the FFP restrictions will have miraculously changed again as they “were worse than first thought”.
this is wild speculation. our fans have real short memories of Fosuns spending on us.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Toti starting isn't a problem. Having no reserve after that is.
Well, it’s only actually a problem if 2 of the 3 are out injured or suspended!

We should get another cb, but with only 20 prem games till the January window/Mosquera returns; it could be a risk they take if the risk of breaking ffp rules is deemed greater.

Streathamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lemina yes. I think he has been a tad overrated for us. Gomes, honestly I don't think there is that much in it right now, though I think he'll go on to have the more impressive career. And boubs I haven't seen enough of to understand why he is so highly rated by some.
Lemina is an outstanding enforcer, regains possession quickly etc. What we have needed for a while. Definitely not overrated.

Wolf in the sun

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

According to reports from Uruguay, specifically from LR Uruguay, Wolves have registered their interest in a sought after Manchester United player.

It is said that Old Gold are one of four clubs keen on signing 21-year-old Uruguayan talent Facundo Pellistri on-loan.
Id be all over that, pellistri looks a talent

But it wont be anything other than a loan united wont want us having any options, purely development and feeder

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lemina is an outstanding enforcer, regains possession quickly etc. What we have needed for a while. Definitely not overrated.
His slight downside is that he does occasionally have a game where he isn’t at his best. Or he did last season anyway.
I think he and Gomes is a very good combination though.

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Forest allegedly signing Fofana from Monaco for 35 million euros. Also made a £30 million bid for Nuno Tavares, a player who I've always thought looked terrible whenever I've seen him?

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well, it’s only actually a problem if 2 of the 3 are out injured or suspended!

We should get another cb, but with only 20 prem games till the January window/Mosquera returns; it could be a risk they take if the risk of breaking ffp rules is deemed greater.

What if one of them goes through a bad run of form? Both Toti and Kilman are left footed, do we really want them both in a back 4. Another centre half is massive

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What if one of them goes through a bad run of form? Both Toti and Kilman are left footed, do we really want them both in a back 4. Another centre half is massive
If one has bad form you play the other 2.
I personally wouldn’t be worried about Killman on the right with Toti on the left if and when necessary.

I do agree we would be in better shape with another cb, if we can’t buy one I’d of been an advocate of recalling Mosquera or keeping Sanderson.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He doesn't though. Gomes does that. Nunes did that. Lemina seems to get all the credit for it when numbers don't seem to back it up.

Back
Top Bottom