Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer 2023 Transfer Window Thread

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Summary of liam keen podcast

1. Wolves don't want to sell or loan fabio as he is seen as an investment. Only approacjed by teams seeking loans. When there is certainty about fabio then may take number 9 jersey next season.
2. Jeff shi possibly back for liverpool game.
3. Transfers in more likely if we can offload guedes, podence and otto(no concrete interest keen just doesn't know about celtic and podence but heard rumours). Firm interest in elvedi and more likely to happen if those three go.
4. If can't shift those three then will look at loan market or very low cost transfers in. Centre half most likely.
5. Wolves want to keep squad together. Stupid bids would obviously be looked at as with other teams.

Last edited:

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You cant bring in another forward when now sasa and fabio are here

thats 50m in strikers.

Neither have had a full season starting, you cant carry 4 forwards in the squad (cunha include)

There isnt enough space with subs etc.

So if fabio goes yes forward main priority
4 strikers for 2 places is fine. Competition is needed.

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

1. Wolves don't want to sell or loan fabio as he is seen as an investment. Only approacjed by teams seeking loans. When there is certainty about fabio then may take number 9 jersey next season.
3. Transfers in more likely if we can offload guedes, podence and otto. Firm interest in elvedi and more likely to happen if those three go.
4. If can't shift those three then will look at loan market or very low cost transfers in. Centre half most likely.
5. Wolves want to keep swuad together. Stupid bids would obviously be looked at as with other teams.
Be great if we could shift those three and get Elevdi and perhaps a couple of others in. Encouraging stuff on Fabio. Don't rush back though Jeff lol.

Henry Palfrey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I really like Lemina but if we got a big offer (£35m plus), I’d absolutely consider it given his age and the fact I think Traore can prove a more than adequate replacement.

The three of Traore, Gomes and Nunes looked great against Luton.
But the way they play, there's going to be periods this season where one or more are suspended, or God forbid, injured at the same time. Four of the same level is the minimum needed.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
View attachment 36545

Those are very good stats, 7.19 in a relegated team.
7.63 is beast mode.

Looks like Brownhill has entered his prime, you see a steady growth.

Smart signing, if it comes to fruition.
He's a good player. Can probably hit the ball cleaner than any of our options in midfield from what I've seen of them all.
Don't really see him being a bench warmer either. I think only Nunes is a class above from our CM options.

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think Kaspar is absolutely finished as a player unfortunately. His last season in the premier league he looked like shilton did in Italia 90
Agreed. It's funny people moan about those outside of Wolves circles thinking Raul and Traore were still key players, ignoring their recent decline, but they then do exactly the same with players who they don't see every week like Schmeichel and Aarons

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

3. Transfers in more likely if we can offload guedes, podence and otto. Firm interest in elvedi and more likely to happen if those three go.
5. Wolves want to keep swuad together. Stupid bids would obviously be looked at as with other teams.
Good summary, and positive ie Fabio for 9, hope he has a great season want to support the lad.

Guedes is pretty much gone, we can get him off interms of a loan, podence much harder, jonny ny on impossible right now.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You keep going on about king. I’m not sure you understand the role of a third choice keeper or who would come in being content waiting for the two in front of them to be injured at the same time.
Can you name any other teams third keeper?
Never mind third. How many appreciated Ruddy when he was second keeper. It must be the hardest place to be the under study and every so often be called up and be expected to be as razor sharp as if playing every match.

Corporate Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I'm sure that Keen is just an external 'voicebox' for the club - if he has sources inside the club then its the party line that is being feed to him and the E&S. So I take anything they publish with a pinch of salt.

Hasn't @WeAreTheWolvesII clearly said a few times via his source Silva was being sold?

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But we arent currently playing with 2.

If he plays silva and cunha v brighton then its all changes, sticks to 4-3-3 no point
You sure about that? Sarabia played pretty much like a traditional striker in terms of the positions he was taking up. We were pretty fluid granted, but I didn't see Sarabia in any of the wide forward positions, and for most of the game seemed like Neto right, Nunes left with Cunha dropping deep to pick up the ball.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You sure about that? Sarabia played pretty much like a traditional striker in terms of the positions he was taking up. We were pretty fluid granted, but I didn't see Sarabia in any of the wide forward positions, and for most of the game seemed like Neto right, Nunes left with Cunha dropping deep to pick up the ball.
Hes more playing a 10 in my opinion but i take onboard what you are saying.

But therefore then you include sarabia in the numbers and that would be 5 (if you got a new one)

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Monday?
he
He’s gonna cause carnage in last 10 mins chasing a game
No problem for the opposition. Ball comes over to him in the area and the keeper comes out and wipes him out. No pen given VAR asleep. Our manager gets booked for protesting and later receives a letter of apology from the head honcho of the Ref's association which had been written before the match.
I know it sounds far fetched but one day it could happen or more than one day. :rolleyes:

Wolves in Limerick

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Brownhill coming in and Hodge being loaned out to a decent championship side would be a pretty savvy move I think?
Would it? I recall Liam Keen reporting that it was expected under Lopetegui that Hodge would make up to 30 appearances for us this season. Presumably not all would be as a starter but would sending him out on loan slow his development and as appears to have been the case with MGW and Fabio cause tensions with the player?

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This could be positive for a celtic podence move

Vata set for Celtic exit​

It’s looking increasingly likely that Celtic winger Rocco Vata will leave the club on a permanent transfer.
It’s understood there are currently no plans to extend the 18-year-old’s contract, or to send him out on loan. His current deal runs out at the end of this season.
Sky Sports News revealed earlier this month that Torino are one of a host of clubs interested in the Ireland U19 international. Club Brugge are also monitoring his situation closely.
Vata was officially promoted to the first team squad and travelled for Celtic’s pre-season tour of Japan. But it’s understood the Hoops management’s stance has changed, forcing the player to weigh up his options.

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would it? I recall Liam Keen reporting that it was expected under Lopetegui that Hodge would make up to 30 appearances for us this season. Presumably not all would be as a starter but would sending him out on loan slow his development and as appears to have been the case with MGW and Fabio cause tensions with the player?
Brownhill is a decent player, better than Hodge right now IMV which means that our squad would be stronger. Hodge then off getting regular minutes at a decent championship side would surely be good for his development and for us longer term? I get what you are saying, but MGW and Fabio were ****ed off before they were even loaned out (and in MGW's cos he was recalled and then not used). Why would there be any such issues with Hodge?

Premier Quality

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I think this one needs to happen.

We all saw the amount of times kilman shot him daggers and had a pop at him on Monday.

I have always thought some of our defensive issues and people rushing out of position to pressure the ball carrier infront of the box is because they don’t trust Sa when that ball is played into the box for him to run and sweep for.

He is a total liability and people have glossed over on Monday when Dawson essentially heading one off the line when he rushed AGAIN and didn’t get close to the ball and it was lobbed back over him. In an almost identical moment to the goal, except that lob back across missed the person it was aiming for.

Most weeks he doesn’t collect the ball when he comes for it, he spilled the simple claim also on Monday in the first half and kilman got fouled on the rebound. His basics for a premier league keeper are shocking.
Seems like you post about him every day….

Premier Quality

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
He's a good player. Can probably hit the ball cleaner than any of our options in midfield from what I've seen of them all.
Don't really see him being a bench warmer either. I think only Nunes is a class above from our CM options.
You think brownhill is better than Lemina or Gomes?

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But the way they play, there's going to be periods this season where one or more are suspended, or God forbid, injured at the same time. Four of the same level is the minimum needed.
Barely any clubs have that.

S G Wolves

Bad lover
Reaction score
I'm sure that Keen is just an external 'voicebox' for the club - if he has sources inside the club then its the party line that is being feed to him and the E&S. So I take anything they publish with a pinch of salt.

Hasn't @WeAreTheWolvesII clearly said a few times via his source Silva was being sold?
Come on would you rather believe a random person on the Mix or Keen's podcast that was listened to by over 30,000 people.

Keen does have inside knowledge at Wolves.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Come on would you rather believe a random person on the Mix or Keen's podcast that was listened to by over 30,000 people.

Keen does have inside knowledge at Wolves.
Tends to be with keen same as it was with Speirs, when they release something like they did on Silva thats been leaked from the club directly.

There were initial doubts, and nows it clear we dont want to sell any of the squad other than the three outcasts

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You think brownhill is better than Lemina or Gomes?
Lemina yes. I think he has been a tad overrated for us. Gomes, honestly I don't think there is that much in it right now, though I think he'll go on to have the more impressive career. And boubs I haven't seen enough of to understand why he is so highly rated by some.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Plovdiv Wolf

Reaction score
No money, but we can't sign free agents either JL was told. Very sad

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Anyone concerned about the lack of other suitors for what isn't a massive amount?

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Guedes is back in benfica negotiations ongoing, no idea on coniditions, believe loan.

I saw a couple of lowend portugal journos suggest we want a mandatory purchase option

Expectations it will be all sorted and finallised in the next 2 weeks , how soon no idea

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think another CB is a must but when you look at the bench v United, if we bring in any players someone has to miss out completely. Who would you take out of this for each player brought in?
  • 2Doherty
  • 6Traoré
  • 11Hwang Hee-chan
  • 17Bueno
  • 18Kalajdzic
  • 24Gomes
  • 25Bentley
  • 29Fábio Silva
  • 32Hodge
Hodge is really the only choice. Should be loaned out for the season and we should get someone in. None of those other players should be left off the matchday squad.

But maybe Pondy is really impressing in training and they don't feel the need to spend on a CB.

I'd definitely take Brownhill, but I'm not sure why he'd come to sit on the bench when he'll play at Burnley.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think another CB is a must but when you look at the bench v United, if we bring in any players someone has to miss out completely. Who would you take out of this for each player brought in?
  • 2Doherty
  • 6Traoré
  • 11Hwang Hee-chan
  • 17Bueno
  • 18Kalajdzic
  • 24Gomes
  • 25Bentley
  • 29Fábio Silva
  • 32Hodge
Depends who is playing well.
I don't see why Bueno Hodge and Traore should be guaranteed a bench spot. Same with Doc and Hwang really. And Sarabia needs to perform to a higher standard in the league if he wants to keep making the first XI.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Did anyone explain why the No 9 shirt has not been issued ?

Back
Top Bottom