Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer 2023 Transfer Window Thread

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t have direct knowledge but he will undoubtedly have been scouted by most PL teams during his previous loan spells and I think it’s a fair bet that if any of them were interested in him he wouldn’t have moved to Blues. It’s not just Wolves who don’t think he’s ready now or in near future for the PL, it’s all clubs. Hopefully with regular games in a settled environment he can develop further than most clubs think he will but as things stand I don’t think selling him was a mistake.
Nail hit firmly on the head

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Well let’s make this easy. Brighton have been demanding that to sell their in demand players, they need around 100m each. Same applies for ours. If Liverpool are that desperate for a defensive midfielder, then suck them dry. Klopp and their entitled fans **** me off, so I’m not doing them any charity.

As for Shi, he can stay in China and out of this. His player negotiating skills are **** poor.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well let’s make this easy. Brighton have been demanding that to sell their in demand players, they need around 100m each. Same applies for ours. If Liverpool are that desperate for a defensive midfielder, then suck them dry. Klopp and their entitled fans **** me off, so I’m not doing them any charity.

As for Shi, he can stay in China and out of this. His player negotiating skills are **** poor.
And that is one big reason why I would love to see Hoever become a massive success.:cool:

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So which were the youngest pairing? :)
Done a bit of Googling and established:
Kortney Hause was 19 years old when he made his debut v Sheffield Wed away on 13.12.2014.
Dominic Iorfa was 19 years old when he made his debut at home v Bournemouth on 06.12.2014.
Combined age 38 years.

Bob Hazell was 18 years old when he made his debut v Arsenal away in December 1977 (FA Cup btw and he was sent off).
George Berry was 19 years old when he made his debut v Chelsea away on 07.05.1977.
Combined age 37 years.

Bob and George beat Kort and Dom by 12 months.

I think I deserve the Pointless trophy!

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
I really like Lemina but if we got a big offer (£35m plus), I’d absolutely consider it given his age and the fact I think Traore can prove a more than adequate replacement.

The three of Traore, Gomes and Nunes looked great against Luton.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Kortney Hause was 19 years old when he made his debut v Sheffield Wed away on 13.12.2014.
Dominic Iorfa was 19 years old when he made his debut at home v Bournemouth on 06.12.2014.
Combined age 38 years.

Bob Hazell was 18 years old when he made his debut v Arsenal away in December 1977 (FA Cup btw and he was sent off).
George Berry was 19 years old when he made his debut v Chelsea away on 07.05.1977.
Combined age 37 years.

Well done.
As far as the pointless prize goes though I have forwarded on this information to Mike Dean for a decision. :D

Burford T Justice

Reaction score
Glad you aren’t in charge on transfers. This is incredibly short sighted and I think most fans agree that our starting 11 is pretty strong. We need coverage in the midfield to help see out games and the inevitable suspensions with yellows.
That's how you improve your squad and team at the same time instead of just adding bodies to the squad

TF2Wolf

Reaction score
Surely the question everyone is missing is why is anyone spending £100k on a car - whether on finance or not…..
Came on in the vain hope there may be some talk of transfers but appear to have stumbled on to We Buy Any Car.com.

Now there’s a thought if only there was a We Buy Any Player.com we’d have no problem shifting Jonny & Podence :)

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Came on in the vain hope there may be some talk of transfers but appear to have stumbled on to We Buy Any Car.com.

Now there’s a thought if only there was a We Buy Any Player.com we’d have no problem shifting Jonny & Podence :)
Admit it, you just want to see Hobbs and Shi do bloody silly dances...... lol

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How often do you watch the u23s to come to any of those conclusions? Myself like many others watch them a lot.

Sanderson was nowhere near Ponds level at that age and he’s got a move for what he is, an average championship mid table championship player. There’s nothing wrong with that, it’s just where he is. Right now the ONLY thing Sanderson has over Pond is more seniors experience. Every facet of his game is behind Pond. As for only wanting Portuguese names I’m not sure how Alfie Pond is Portuguese sounding.

Farmer or Fraser aren’t anywhere near Cunha level, they wouldn’t have got into those positions in the first place to miss them.
I watch them regularly. Mostly online but you are stating the obvious how is a kid meant to be as good as a seasoned player like Cunha?? Farmer or Fraser are better finishers 100% because Cunha ay a striker he’s a ball carrying cam

Give the kids a chance

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Just sold my star to we buy any player…. Just sold my star…. Damn that’s annoying!

Norwegian Wolf

Reaction score
Combined age 38 years.

Combined age 37 years.

Not wishing to complicate matters, but Bob Hazell made his debut at Newcastle in December 1977 and was sent off a month later in the cup game. George Berry made his debut in a home game versus Chelsea and was aged 20 by the time that Hazell made his debut (so probably 38 combined age).

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not wishing to complicate matters, but Bob Hazell made his debut at Newcastle in December 1977 and was sent off a month later in the cup game. George Berry made his debut in a home game versus Chelsea and was aged 20 by the time that Hazell made his debut (so probably 38 combined age).
You have complicated matters lol. I’m not going to agree or disagree, but Wikipedia has got it wrong then.

You must have got that information in a couple of minutes. I wish I hadn’t bothered now and left it up to you instead! :)

Last edited:

Boss Hogg

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know enough of accountancy knowledge to understand accountants. Own business and all that.
I can’t operate my business without a cement mixer. So, I buy a cement mixer for £5k. I write off a portion annually over the five years it’s lasts. I then buy another and then I buy another every five years and keep writing the £5k off every five years. Amortisation and depreciation.

The hypothesis was whether selling Fabio for £20m would cause Wolves a loss. On a balance sheet, maybe the transfer would wipe its face, on what is owed/or currently valued. But, in simple cash terms, £35m plus costs out, £20m in. That’s a loss over term of £15m plus costs.
To use my cement mixer as an analogy, it’s like me buying the mixer for five grand, lending it to my competitors while I’m still paying off the 5k, then just when I need it, I sell it for 3k after only two years. It’s nonsense.
You should have charged a loan fee for your cement mixer of 2k, that’s your mistake

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Pond and Hubner are very good defenders. Personally I really like Harvey Griffiths and could see him following hodge and Cundle as being round the first team. Fraser I really like, he could be the first forward to come through for a long time. Not convinced on Farmer, think he might be a bit too small.

Re Pond, I’d say he’s the stand out to push on most out of any of them including ones on loan like Lonwijk who is also a good prospect.
How do you compare them with Tipton then?
I thought Lewis Richards was the one that would break through but injuries haave been disastrous for him.

the 15th Wanderer

Reaction score
Combined age 38 years.

Combined age 37 years.

The Arsenal game was January 78 :)

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Pond and Hubner are very good defenders. Personally I really like Harvey Griffiths and could see him following hodge and Cundle as being round the first team. Fraser I really like, he could be the first forward to come through for a long time. Not convinced on Farmer, think he might be a bit too small.

Re Pond, I’d say he’s the stand out to push on most out of any of them including ones on loan like Lonwijk who is also a good prospect.
I'd agree with all of this, but I haven't seen anything that suggests Pond is ready to break into the first team, which seems to be what people are suggesting. He comes across as a good prospect, along with the others you pick out, not some generational talent who is going to emerge as a Premier League player in the immediate future.

Corporate Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd agree with all of this, but I haven't seen anything that suggests Pond is ready to break into the first team, which seems to be what people are suggesting. He comes across as a good prospect, along with the others you pick out, not some generational talent who is going to emerge as a Premier League player in the immediate future.
GON may not have any alternative though. An injury to either Dawson or Kilman (or in a disastrous case both) means he’s got to play. This is the hand GON has been dealt and it seems he’s prepared to accept it.

Lawley Wolf

Reaction score
Of the handful of games I watched of burnley last year brownhill was the best or one of the best players on their team. He also has that kind of aggressive energy of grabbing the game and team by scruff of the neck and will them to win, which I think we lack. Also a goal threat. Would love him to be signed.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Brownhill is a good player. If we get good money for Lemina he is a more than adequate replacement, English too

There comes a point in this where you have to ask yourself what we’re trying to achieve? Just raise the most amount of money, or actually create a squad capable of competing? We’ve finally seen the first hints of a new post Neves/Mouts midfield, and that’s the heart of the team. I wouldn’t be doing anything to screw around with that if I were DoF. We need another experienced CB, as we sold Collins and if we need to sell more to buy Elvedi, then sell Podence. We are stocked up front, so losing Pod will not significantly weaken the squad.

It’s really that bloody simple. Frankly if all we do now is sell Podence, buy Elvedi, and then loan out Pond and any other U21s who would benefit from a full competitive season, then I’ll happily call this summer satisfactory when combined with the January business it’s clearly tied to.

Norwegian Wolf

Reaction score
You have complicated matters lol. I’m not going to agree or disagree, but Wikipedia has got it wrong then.

You must have got that information in a couple of minutes. I wish I hadn’t bothered now and left it up to you instead! :)
Like many on here, I have no idea what day it is but can remember obscure stuff from being a kid. Bob Coy and John Pender might be worth checking out if you’re after that Pointless title as they were young when I think they probably played together at the back end of the relegation season in 1982.

whitnash wolf ex.dewsbury

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Combined age 38 years.

Combined age 37 years.

how about a back 4 of Humphrey; Pender;Coy;Wintersgill

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
GON may not have any alternative though. An injury to either Dawson or Kilman (or in a disastrous case both) means he’s got to play. This is the hand GON has been dealt and it seems he’s prepared to accept it.
Toti is next in line surely, but if we loose both current central defenders at the same time, I agree Pond and Hubner have to be in the mix.

Back
Top Bottom