Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer 2023 Transfer Window Thread

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wonder what Bolla's situation is? He seems to have vanished off the face of the earth. Is he even training at Compton.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wonder what Bolla's situation is? He seems to have vanished off the face of the earth. Is he even training at Compton.
Do you know when the loan window closes for any loans out so that includes foreign clubs.

groundhogwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lemina is the best player for being the glue of the team. I would say we would lose more if we sold him because of
his influence on the team.
Agree some on here underestimate his value to this team and squad, big mistake to move Mario at this stage.
For years our midfield has been sideways and backwards.

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There comes a point in this where you have to ask yourself what we’re trying to achieve? Just raise the most amount of money, or actually create a squad capable of competing? We’ve finally seen the first hints of a new post Neves/Mouts midfield, and that’s the heart of the team. I wouldn’t be doing anything to screw around with that if I were DoF. We need another experienced CB, as we sold Collins and if we need to sell more to buy Elvedi, then sell Podence. We are stocked up front, so losing Pod will not significantly weaken the squad.

It’s really that bloody simple. Frankly if all we do now is sell Podence, buy Elvedi, and then loan out Pond and any other U21s who would benefit from a full competitive season, then I’ll happily call this summer satisfactory when combined with the January business it’s clearly tied to.
There is an insatiable lust for transfers that momentarily overrules all sense and perspective.

The same people who accept an offer of Lemina to get 2 lesser players in, will be the first to moan when Lemina goes on to be great at the top 6er and we end up with a weaker midfield for it.

Sell the outsiders, get 1 or 2 in with some extra potential and a bit of experience where we need backup.. it’s that simple.

Last edited:

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Like many on here, I have no idea what day it is but can remember obscure stuff from being a kid. Bob Coy and John Pender might be worth checking out if you’re after that Pointless title as they were young when I think they probably played together at the back end of the relegation season in 1982.
What’s the point of me checking Bob Coy and John Pender, only for you to say it’s wrong lol.

You can have the Pointless trophy with pleasure now. :)

Last edited:

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Brownhill is a good player. If we get good money for Lemina he is a more than adequate replacement, English too
My lads 18’s team had an Albion analyst as a coach. I talked to him about the championship, asked him who’s the best in your opinion in the championship, he said all round? Josh Brownhill he has good stats in all attributes

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Cant see anyone paying the money required for Nunes. This far into the window.
Liverpool have the money but what would it take to prize away Nunes 60/70m? Lemina probably 20m he would be gone unfortunately we are a selling club these days

If it gave us 80m to spend we would have to act quick and this window has been rather drab for many.

I’m hoping we can make a loan or two but don’t hold out much hope

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Liverpool have the money but what would it take to prize away Nunes 60/70m? Lemina probably 20m he would be gone unfortunately we are a selling club these days

If it gave us 80m to spend we would have to act quick and this window has been rather drab for many.

I’m hoping we can make a loan or two but don’t hold out much hope
Big assumption we'll be allowed to spend any of the money I think.

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
People are actually ok with the prospect of selling Lemina and replacing him with a guy who is on the bench for Burnley? Have we become that desensitized to this ****?!

He's a half decent midfielder player, good engine and he's home grown. But he's nowhere near Lemina levels.

If we do that we are asking to go down. We would deserve to go down.

Last edited:

Summer_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's an utter joke that we're in such a position of thinking just keep the squad we've got as being acceptable... yet that is exactly my and most of our mindsets now. I'll be relieved if we get to the end of the window with no further big sales. Fosun have certainly dumbed down expectations with their spectacularly shambolic running of the club over the last 3 or so years. If they sell any further players in the current first team squad, then one can only conclude they couldn't care less about going down. They've dumbed the expectations down that much that people will be over the moon if we somehow don't sell anyone else. Depressing

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For all his speculation about how many more of our players could leave before the end of this window, does anyone realise it starts all over again in just 4 months time !

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Doesn't take much of a non story to stir up some does it? There's no evidence Nunes or Lemina are going and Speculative pieces in the media mean nothing. No one believes similarly reliable stories of us making multi million pounds deals.
I hear you. The problem is that what looked like a great position a fortnight from going into the season has been thrown away and about 90% of the "non stories" we have seen this summer about Wolves have come true in whole or part. That after yet another ticket price rise. Frankly lots of people do not trust the current senior management whatsoever.

D

Deleted member (smith)

For all his speculation about how many more of our players could leave before the end of this window, does anyone realise it starts all over again in just 4 months time !

Verily …and the January window falls into the year ended May 2024….which appears to be a year in which we must turn around our losses for 22 and 23 which have been estimated at 126 ( 46 + 80) million… requiring a profit of 21million even though Fosun have paid up the maximum allowed 105 million. So don’t expect much then…wait I read somewhere that FFP is not a problem for wolves and Jeff is a liar and making it up.

Back
Top Bottom