Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer 2023 Transfer Window Thread

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nope FFP cut off was 31st May we have a different business year end to say Everton and Chelsea , its just international window doesn't open until July 1st.

So we can move right now on domestics
That’s not true, FFP was always to 30th June regardless of a club’s financial year end. Doesn’t matter of your year end is May June or July, you still had to submit figures to 30th June each year to PL / UEFA.

Having said all that, the the FFP rules are being run based on the calendar year now as far as I’m aware, certainly for UEFA they are, not sure about the PL if/when they bring their new version of FFP in.

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Starting to look like we will have considerable funds to spend. Could be approaching 100 million.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Again not disputing that ...but you would think the one who hadn't kicked a meaningful ball for us would be the one who was surplus to requirements.....not the other way round.......it's nothing to do with actual players themselves just the idea that someone who has done nowt must be given a chance...
I agree 100%

I think people just want to see “one of our own” given a proper chance.

Hugh Jarse

Reaction score
I know this might be a random question. We needed to raise cash for FFP, but what about our annual PL cash?

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That’s not true, FFP was always to 30th June regardless of a club’s financial year end. Doesn’t matter of your year end is May June or July, you still had to submit figures to 30th June each year to PL / UEFA.

Having said all that, the the FFP rules are being run based on the calendar year now as far as I’m aware, certainly for UEFA they are, not sure about the PL if/when they bring their new version of FFP in.
Cheers ....I can carry on pretending I nw what I'm am on about....

Rhyl Wolf

Reaction score

Abwolves

Groupie
Reaction score
Could be. I reckon his agent is genuinely trying to get him to AC Milan/Sevilla/Roma, and they have been given encouragement (for some reason) that it could happen at a knockdown price, so they're obviously going to try and pursue it.

I think Fabio will let his agent be the 'bad guy' in all of this though, and if he gets him a move to one of those clubs because we're daft enough to agree, then great news for him.

If not, then Fabio hasn't burnt any bridges at Wolves, and he can pass it off as his agent fishing for a move.
Do you know how agents pay works? I know they get a cut of the fee but do they get anything from a players staying for a long time? Wonder if their incentive is to get a player to move as much as they can.

92WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Do you know how agents pay works? I know they get a cut of the fee but do they get anything from a players staying for a long time? Wonder if their incentive is to get a player to move as much as they can.

I'm guessing they get some sort of a fee with a new contract... I know absolutely nothing about such things but would make sense.

Back
Top Bottom