Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer 2023 Transfer Window Thread

Jd132

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I'd love to know what FOSUN's strategy even is, to be honest.
Type "Fosun Wolves Strategy" into google and read the first 10-15 articles. That will give you a good overview short of them presenting you with a 50 page glossy strategy document.

Jd132

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
How has Adama, despite six months of opportunity to speak to other clubs, still not made a decision on his future?

I knew his decision making was poor but thought that was just limited to split second decision making. Obviously not!

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Two is more than one last time I looked .
Christ your hard work. I never said there wasn’t any Saudi owners did I?? Please feel free to point out where I said it. I said there won’t be any new ones now as they’ll be investing in their own league.

If you genuinely think Saudi’s are buying wolves because Fosun are selling players and running for the hills good luck to you. I’ve got some magic beans for sale if you want?!?!?

Jd132

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I see Raul has gone in on the club/Julen for not allowing him to have surgery before the end of the season (in preparation for the Gold Cup) and telling him to have injections to make it through to the end of the season.

And, given all that furore about not allowing him to say goodbye, I would have expected him to have gone by now. That whole argument against Lopetegui (about him not treating the fans or Raul with respect) that raged on for two weeks is going to look pretty stupid if he's still in a Wolves shirt next year.

Come on USA/Mexico/Saudi what's taking so long? Or is he actually deemed to be not good enough for any of them now?

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Are you saying he had no other attributes, other than his fitness?
I would say that there are plenty of other players at championship level with the same level of ability, and it wasn't really until he got his fitness levels up that he became the player he was for us.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I see Raul has gone in on the club/Julen for not allowing him to have surgery before the end of the season (in preparation for the Gold Cup) and telling him to have injections to make it through to the end of the season.

And, given all that furore about not allowing him to say goodbye, I would have expected him to have gone by now. That whole argument against Lopetegui (about him not treating the fans or Raul with respect) that raged on for two weeks is going to look pretty stupid if he's still in a Wolves shirt next year.

Come on USA/Mexico/Saudi what's taking so long? Or is he actually deemed to be not good enough for any of them now?
Getting a bit fed up of his moaning and blaming everyone else when he could have had surgery and not gone to the World Cup.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Getting a bit fed up of his moaning and blaming everyone else when he could have had surgery and not gone to the World Cup.
Absolutely. Basically Raul expected the club to pay him to sustain his international career and sod its own interest.

I know that he nearly died playing for us but talk about bloody self-centred/obsessed. Almost the diametric opposite of Ruben.....

Jd132

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
So, Coady will be back with his tail between his legs next week having now been rejected by both Scouse teams in his career. You might love them Conor, but they have never and will never love you like we did.

Shame "something didn't feel right" when we needed you to wait it out for 4 games till Collins got red carded for the fly kick or a further 3 games till Lage got the boot.

But no, now we are told to take back the man who clearly doesn't love us? No thanks- get on tinder and swipe right on Sheff Utd or Leicester and this time, go for good.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
28- Gerard Gumbau - DM who can also play CB- averages 1 shot per game

Played 35 games in La liga last season 1 goal, 6 assists for Elche (poor side not bad stats considering they went down)

& Matias Rojas 27- both experienced free agents would be good back up for midfield but only if we can shift deadwood

Rojas stats for Racing Club in Argentina are quite impressive

14 games 6 goals 1 assists in the league
Libertadores 23, 2 games 2 goals from the bench can play attacking midfield left & right wing positions also

Would probably offer more than the likes of Kawabe or Jordao who many think will be moved on. Low wages & no transfer fee either for rotation or bench players they could fill some sort of gap

Last edited:

Premier Quality

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Of course Collins could go on to be a top CH but equally he could be another Titus Bramble or Stephen Taylor neither of whom managed to cut out the mistakes and become the players many thought they could be at 21. If our squad was more balanced I’d gladly keep him but at the moment we need that £25m to improve the starting XI not sat on the bench.
I cant argue with that at all, and it’s a point well made - I don’t like the “he’s ****” arguments, but that’s much more nuanced.

Personally I like players with a high ceiling rather than ones that will never be anything more than average - you’re absolutely right, he could be Steve Taylor - but he could also be a top premier league centre back - and we could really use one of those….

Evthewolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I would say that there are plenty of other players at championship level with the same level of ability, and it wasn't really until he got his fitness levels up that he became the player he was for us.
I can see your point but arguably, right place, right time, right system. Didn’t pull up any trees at Spurs. I agree though, that without the effort he put in, probably wouldn’t have made it that far based on technical ability.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Presumably only players who are already at a certain skill level get to experience this. ie the ones that stand out in the Championship

Less skilled, very fit players aren't getting that opportunity. If they did, they'd probably say the skill level was bigger
Less skilled very fit footballers do get the opportunity…..

Infact the fitter players with less skill will do better in the prem than the championship as their speed of thinking, power, explosiveness, speed or cardio give them things that cover over the skill gap to an extent. As the championship is slower so players have more time on the ball and greater time for reaction times (form of fitness).

There are many top level speed demons who thrive in the prem who would woeful in championship.

Sometimes the level of basic skill and execution can be higher in championship players than prem.

Many prem clubs will reject a player who is more skilful for a player with better fitness! I know this first hand from work I have done.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How has Adama, despite six months of opportunity to speak to other clubs, still not made a decision on his future?

I knew his decision making was poor but thought that was just limited to split second decision making. Obviously not!
Also shows he isn’t as well thought of and wanted by these managers who eulogised over him in press conference as people on here like to claim when defending his weaknesses by saying (respected coach) says how great he is.

This shows he is at his level with wolves and should stay and accept the role on offer.

Unless stupid Saudi money comes up for him, which is a possibility now he is with mendes

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Seems like it’s always the clubs fault
But the root cause is that our medical department didn’t give him the correct or appropriate treatment.

The amount of injuries under the person who was doing it at the time plus the “run it off lad” approach to multiple serious injuries shows he was bad! He had a terrible reputation, so how he got the top job at wolves is deeply concerning!!!

Not signing a replacement or second striker the moment it was known he had the type
Of injury he had, is neglegent too! Let alone forcing him to play pre-season with this issue as well as the only front line striker.

Yes raul could have done it differently, but it was a desperation play for a guy who wanted a World Cup swan song working under greater pressure because of poor medical care he received from the club.

If you were to apportion blame to each party it is easily 80/20 maybe even 90/10 blame on the club for the Raul situation!!!!

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But the root cause is that our medical department didn’t give him the correct or appropriate treatment.

The amount of injuries under the person who was doing it at the time plus the “run it off lad” approach to multiple serious injuries shows he was bad! He had a terrible reputation, so how he got the top job at wolves is deeply concerning!!!

Not signing a replacement or second striker the moment it was known he had the type
Of injury he had, is neglegent too! Let alone forcing him to play pre-season with this issue as well as the only front line striker.

Yes raul could have done it differently, but it was a desperation play for a guy who wanted a World Cup swan song working under greater pressure because of poor medical care he received from the club.

If you were to apportion blame to each party it is easily 80/20 maybe even 90/10 blame on the club for the Raul situation!!!!

Who's the person in charge? Was this that Chakraverty?

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sporting witness (news aggregators)have an article saying sporting lisbon have put in a good offer for gyokeres of coventry but the selling club are waiting for wolves or west ham to bid higher. The bid is 16 million euros rising to 21 million euros with add ons.

Here is the link below. (Don't bother putting the talking wolves link up as they take it from sporting witness)

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Less skilled very fit footballers do get the opportunity…..

Infact the fitter players with less skill will do better in the prem than the championship as their speed of thinking, power, explosiveness, speed or cardio give them things that cover over the skill gap to an extent. As the championship is slower so players have more time on the ball and greater time for reaction times (form of fitness).

There are many top level speed demons who thrive in the prem who would woeful in championship.

Sometimes the level of basic skill and execution can be higher in championship players than prem.

Many prem clubs will reject a player who is more skilful for a player with better fitness! I know this first hand from work I have done.
Ladies and gentlemen I give you Dave Edwards...

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sporting witness (news aggregators)have an article saying sporting lisbon have put in a good offer for gyokeres of coventry but the selling club are waiting for wolves or west ham to bid higher. The bid is 16 million euros rising to 21 million euros with add ons.

Here is the link below. (Don't bother putting the talking wolves link up as they take it from sporting witness)

You can't blame Coventry for trying to create a bidding war for Gyokeres. The same with Scott and Brizzle. The question is, at what point do you move on? He has a year left on his deal and even though I think his profile suits exactly what we need, he's still only played in the Championship. I'd love to get them both, but realistically both clubs are going to try to squeeze every penny out of a potential deal.

Pushing the boat out a little bit for someone like Taremi for say £25m, he's a lot more proven than Gyokeres but he's also turning 31 in a month, so there's minimal resale value there. Sevilla apparently want a massive fee for En-Nesyri so I can't see that happening unless some swap deal with Fabio Silva + cash comes to fruition.

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
"Fosun has never deviated from its ambition to realise substantial profits from the development of young players with potential."
Fosun: We will never deviate from our ambition to make substantial profits on our young players with potential.
Also Fosun: Let's sell Silva and Collins for a combined £10m loss!

Jd132

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

Okay, but if my employers did the equivalent, I would leave. So why does Raul continue to hang around and bite the hand that feeds him? Surely it's not greed?

If he's so hard done by enough to bleat about his treatment by nasty old Wolves every time the Mexican press ask him for a word, why not take responsibility for his own career and leave?

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Okay, but if my employers did the equivalent, I would leave. So why does Raul continue to hang around and bite the hand that feeds him? Surely it's not greed?

If he's so hard done by enough to bleat about his treatment by nasty old Wolves every time the Mexican press ask him for a word, why not take responsibility for his own career and leave?
Footballers cannot just resign like you and I. So you cannot compare a role and employment contract in “the outside” world to one in football. They are poles apart.

Also, he couldn’t leave after January. At that point who was going to sign him? No one would with how bad his injury was and the fact he wasn’t fully up to speed.

He and the club need another club to buy him, as of yet, that hasn’t happened.

How do you know that his agent and him haven’t been trying to get a move?

Your criticism of him is more than a bit unfair

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fosun: We will never deviate from our ambition to make substantial profits on our young players with potential.
Also Fosun: Let's sell Silva and Collins for a combined £10m loss!
It’s to help with ffp not paying Fosun back… They want us run better then get rid off Jeff. Collins probably wants the move to play and Silva has nightmares about us according to his agent he’s scared for life

Get rid and get players who want to be here.

Jawwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I don’t recall him having an issue with bankrolling Salford into the EFL…
Still running a 90k a week loss in league 2.... how is that sustainable? Guess that's okay as it is unfair on the like of Walsall, Barrow and Tranmere not his beloved Manchester United which also happen to be massively in debt but allowed to spend ridiculous amounts on players which well run clubs could only dream of.

Ultimately clubs have to play in the grey to stand any chance of even remotely competing with the big 6 although they seem to trade between themselves quite a lot to keep cash flow.... Havertz 75 million, Mount 65 million and Kovacic 35 million average players going for a hell of a lot more than they work.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Still running a 90k a week loss in league 2.... how is that sustainable? Guess that's okay as it is unfair on the like of Walsall, Barrow and Tranmere not his beloved Manchester United which also happen to be massively in debt but allowed to spend ridiculous amounts on players which well run clubs could only dream of.

Ultimately clubs have to play in the grey to stand any chance of even remotely competing with the big 6 although they seem to trade between themselves quite a lot to keep cash flow.... Havertz 75 million, Mount 65 million and Kovacic 35 million average players going for a hell of a lot more than they work.
Well said. If we buy low we can make better players than these mercenaries (brighton model) SELL HIGH

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

where was this?

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Back
Top Bottom