Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer 2023 Transfer Window Thread

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Same, although Neves supposedly wants to go there so here’s what I hope happens:

- Barca continue to spend beyond their means assembling a good side

- we get a semi decent deal for Neves who goes there on a 5 year contract

- he bosses their midfield and finally gets the recognition he deserves winning everything there is to win

- they go in to receivership as Neves contract ends and he returns to us on a free playing out the remainder of his years at his absolute best for us (by now his beard is so full he looks like Pirlo in his latter Juventus years)

- he returns to Porto for his final season as player manager, winning the title and gaining experience ready to come back and manage his beloved Wolves
Sounds like a decent plan....

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Barcelona paid referees to get results. Their success is built on illegally funded state aid. They are corrupt, morally and financially bankrupt. They deserve no credit, and we should do them no more favours.
some of that is still alleged “cough cough” and unproven haha

But to their fans and their hierarchy, the point remains we are a nothing club and their “failures” or “talented but not ready yet” players will always come at an excessive price premium to clubs like ours.

£25 million for semedo straight after what alphonso Davies did to him and the fact he was seen to be at fault for many goals for them and not many fans were sad to see him go speaks volumes to what I said above.

Look at the rumoured fees surrounding Trincao to us also to make the move perm too.

KBWWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Barcelona paid referees to get results. Their success is built on illegally funded state aid. They are corrupt, morally and financially bankrupt. They deserve no credit, and we should do them no more favours.

Based on Barca's recent transfer strategy, they're more likely to tap Neves up, convince him to leave here on a free upon contract expiration, and sign for them for wages they can't pay.

Barca are the worst club, and I genuinely hope they go bust.

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
some of that is still alleged “cough cough” and unproven haha

But to their fans and their hierarchy, the point remains we are a nothing club and their “failures” or “talented but not ready yet” players will always come at an excessive price premium to clubs like ours.

£25 million for semedo straight after what alphonso Davies did to him and the fact he was seen to be at fault for many goals for them and not many fans were sad to see him go speaks volumes to what I said above.

Look at the rumoured fees surrounding Trincao to us also to make the move perm too.
That's sad but true. They are obviously the experts in this football business, just look at their trophy room. What can we do. It will always be so. The big club intimidates the little club. Unless we just ... STOP BUYING THEIR ****ING CAST-OFFS.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That's sad but true. They are obviously the experts in this football business, just look at their trophy room. What can we do. It will always be so. The big club intimidates the little club. Unless we just ... STOP BUYING THEIR ****ING CAST-OFFS.
Still reckon Neves could go Juventus or another Italian team

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Neves could go anywhere he likes. He is so good he could start his own team, with kids from Bilston u-12s, and still win the league. In fact he could just play on his own, and still finish with more points than Southampton.
Could be a bidding war. The Barcelona fati deal doesn’t exactly suit us

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If our recent dealings with Barca are anything to go buy, we'll give them Neves and money for some Nico Gonzales and/or Balde, or something like that..
Neves is worth 40m we have to take that off any value of their players if not maybe we should try dealing with Real Madrid instead Atletico do us fair deals time to see what the best offer is

Burford T Justice

Reaction score
Abde isn't as good as Fati, Nico is a bit meh don't see the fuss around him. There is probably as much chance of them giving us Lewandowski than Balde I'd guess.

Fati has been ruined as a player by injuries and poor rehab from Barcelona who kept trying to rush him back too soon causing reoccurrences (sounds familiar). He'd probably be in a similar bracket as Mbappe and Haaland if not for that. It's a real shame and I could see why the club would be willing to take a gamble on him but not at 30m + Neves. It's too big a risk imo

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Abde, Nico, Balde we want players that are ready for us Fati is good but potentially another Trincao situation must be avoided
I'd rather sell Neves for cash and spend it on players that actually want to be here. No Barca player wants to play for Wolves. Julen won't stand for anything less than 110% from his players.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Juve tend to have a lot of older players in their team but do have some good younger ones
Barrenechea,Vlahovic,Kaio,.Kean and Parades are a few
Well we already know kean isn’t a good player for the prem….. and only getting 6 goals in a team like Juventus isn’t a good return at all either.

We looked at Kaio Jorge before I believe, he is a good player, with loads of potential but isn’t better than Fabio and is a year older too. I think he is also on the come back trail from a nasty injury.

So that is two players we would be silly to look at as while strikers are not as good as Fabio

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Us and fulham have watched him but so far no offer. Despite some impressive stats for Palmeiras.

Opinion of mine - will probably end up in another bidding war between us palace and Fulham
I'm sure there was something said about a month ago ....that all the interest was being spoken by vega agent , desperate to get him a move to prem....

I only posted it cause it mentioned us ...I don't necessarily believe it ..

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Are there actually any legs in the Fati links or is it just paper rubbish involving Neves and Barca?

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If a player is almost 28 and still stuck in the Brazilian league, it's probably an agent-fed rumour.
That’s what Tim Vickery says, and he’s supposed to be the expert that’s lived over there for decades.
Joao Gomes was just about on the cusp, usually if a player hasn’t escaped for Europe by 21/22 at the latest, they’re not worth bothering with.
The super clubs snap up the potential superstars as teenagers.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That’s what Tim Vickery says, and he’s supposed to be the expert that’s lived over there for decades.
Joao Gomes was just about on the cusp, usually if a player hasn’t escaped for Europe by 21/22 at the latest, they’re not worth bothering with.
The super clubs snap up the potential superstars as teenagers.
I don’t always believe players are the finished articles at 21/22 some players get better with age it’s probably just how TV reckon PL looks for players in South America

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Back
Top Bottom