Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer 2020 Transfer Window

R

reanswolf

To be fair we also gave him dogs abuse too! When his Mrs left him in 2005 a chant went around Edgbaston saying "wheres your Mrs gone, wheres your Mrs gone..." he wouldn't bowl until we stopped and we didn't stop for about 5 minutes, you could see he was getting seriously passed off at the end! It was highly amusing!!!!
Yeah recallthat, in fact the respectful chant I referred to was only after he had taken dog loads over the years, but I think he eventually got the respect of us, and I think it meant a lot to him.

Ironfistedmonk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Already???

Yeah, it's the same *******s every time

We wait patiently for signings, other clubs start doing business, some of our fans get anxious, they express that on here, sometimes a little too much! then the super fans come out and throw around the entitled and pant wetter insults which I really ****ing hate, and then threads degenerate into a slanging match and a look at me aren't I an amazing fan for slagging off other fans who aren't amazing give me a like please threads, even though Nuno said on camera we NEED more signings!

Meanwhile I'm sat here waiting for some signings having to read this *******s, and now I've just contributed to it, dammit

Goodbye Horse

Reaction score
Yeah recallthat, in fact the respectful chant I referred to was only after he had taken dog loads over the years, but I think he eventually got the respect of us, and I think it meant a lot to him.

**** him and all Aussies!

waggys left foot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A number of clubs have initially concentrated on one country recruitment -Wenger bought French at Arsenal ,Benitez was meant to target Spanish so it's a well trodden path.

If successful the search will get wider .

It's difficult to credit it but some football recruitment is based on minimal research so if you have a manager and an a super agent with extensive inside knowledge you use it.

This window is going to be exceptionally slow-money is tight ,release clauses over valued so only the super rich or those prepared to pay a premium seem to be doing business.

Bilic is already moaning publically about their lack of business.And others will follow .

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just mentioned on SSN that we (along with Newcastle) are interested in Ainsley Maitland-Niles.

Perfect Wolves signing. Cheap (ish) room for profit if he improves and very versatile, could play either WB position but can also play in the middle/up front if needed.

waggys left foot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Perfect Wolves signing. Cheap (ish) room for profit if he improves and very versatile, could play either WB position but can also play in the middle/up front if needed.

£20 million,Ocampo release is said to be £65million.

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wasn't sure if this video had been posted before but I thought it might of interest to some of you. I thought this thread was as good as any to put it in. This is the first transfer window for a few years without a Sporting Director, so Head of Recruitment John Marshall will be reporting directly to Shi and Santo.

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
£20 million,Ocampo release is said to be £65million.

£10m-20m seems to be Wolves comfort zone. Not gonna put the club a risk if the signing fails, but plenty room for profit if the player keeps improving into their mid-20's.

Aurum Lupus

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They stayed at the Hotel at the Golf Club i played at during a Ashes warm up against Essex. Proper good bunch of blokes. Gave and took loads of banter great memories. Warne and Gillespie top blokes

Gillespie was always happy to play along with the crowd- Jesus give us a wave almost always got a response. Got to say I like Warne too, its just fun to Aussie bash when they're playing us!

Superted

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
So. As it stands based on recent rumour mill it'll be Adama out for circa £70M and we'll be getting Maitland-Niles (presumably LWB), Lucas Ocampos (RF), Faouzi Ghoulam (Also LWB) and Doucoure (CM)

That would give us 2 dedicated LWB and 2 dedicated RWB (Doc and Jonny - when fit), replacement for Adama at RF and additional CM.

Would that represent a good window?

lobodelsur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So. As it stands based on recent rumour mill it'll be Adama out for circa £70M and we'll be getting Maitland-Niles (presumably LWB), Lucas Ocampos (RF), Faouzi Ghoulam (Also LWB) and Doucoure (CM)

That would give us 2 dedicated LWB and 2 dedicated RWB (Doc and Jonny - when fit), replacement for Adama at RF and additional CM.

Would that represent a good window?
Where does Palhinha fit in if we take Doucouré ?

R

reanswolf

I can't see us getting or going for Palhinha and Doucoure, though one is a more attacking type than the other - but imagine these two in midfield with Neves - wow!

Cotswold wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Lots of Aus family. Even went to scgfor me 40th to see England lose. Fab day ace banter crap result. Father in law even managed a scrap in Blactown RSL. Best ‘away’ support I’ve experienced 90k crowd 66k Brit great atmosphere. Remember that trip well flew back to Heathrow drove straight to watch wolves beat Newcastle 3-2 in fa cup

Derbywolf85

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Where does Palhinha fit in if we take Doucouré ?

2 very different players.

Palhinha is a water carrier. Portugals answer to Matic. He'll sit and get in the way. That's all.#

Doucoure on the other hand is box to box. Much more attack minded without being a CAM.

It is feasible we can fit both in a team when we go 352.

Doc - Doucoure - Palhinha - Neves/Moutinho - Vinagre (for example).

R

reanswolf

Palhinha is a water carrier. Portugals answer to Matic. He'll sit and get in the way. That's all.#

Doucoure on the other hand is box to box. Much more attack minded without being a CAM.

I agree in general but Palhinha is a very capable player.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

We won't need two midfielders though. Nuno still wants a small Squad.

I think the Doucoure link is just from his Agent. Doesn't seem a Nuno player at all. To inconstant.

Derbywolf85

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I think the Doucoure link is just from his Agent. Doesn't seem a Nuno player at all. To inconstant.

So let's say - total heresay - MGW and Jordao go out on loan (both have been speculated and Jordao has been linked with Familicao).

You're happy with buying Palhinha and only having 4 CM's?

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So let's say - total heresay - MGW and Jordao go out on loan (both have been speculated and Jordao has been linked with Familicao).

I mean we'd still have 5, with Saiss able to play CM too.

lobodelsur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Why not ? If we line up 3-4-1-2 (with Podence or Neto as the 1) two wing backs and plenty of versatile players for the defensive pair (Neves, Moutinho, Saiss, Dendocker, Palhinha)

R

reanswolf

Patricio

Coady

Doc/Loan?, Boly/Kilman, Saiss/Dendoncker/NEW, Jonny/Vinagre/Loan?

Palhinha/Dendoncker, Neves/Moutinho

Traore/Podence, Doucoure/Neto

Jimenez/Jota

R

reanswolf

Disagree, but I suspect Nuno will not buy 2 CMs.
I agree Doucoure is inconsistent but that is why he is going for around £20m and not double that,.
There is a class player in there - he needs a new project / club.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

If we bring in a new CB yes. With Saiss and Donk we have 5.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Disagree, but I suspect Nuno will not buy 2 CMs.
I agree Doucoure is inconsistent but that is why he is going for around £20m and not double that,.
There is a class player in there - he needs a new project / club.

He might do but I don't think the shoe fits

Back
Top Bottom