Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer 2020 Transfer Window

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The verdict on this window is not clear. And won’t be clear until 2022.

That is worrying to some of us who were lead up the garden path by Moxey and his ‘youth policy’ .

The consummate political trick - ‘jam tomorrow guys ......’
The difference is that Fosun have spent serious money on quality youngsters. Jizz spent buttons...

Wolfheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Last season I’ll admit I was panicked with the Neto buy as it seemed like so much money for a player who hadn’t done anything and we were lining Uncle J’s pockets.

The truth is, the lad is a £50m player.

We’re signing some of the hottest prospects in the game.

Some might not develop to the level we want but it’s worth a try.

Marques is also one in the ranks who they seem to think will go to the very top.

Matheson is a great buy also IMO.

Our u23 team looks like this

Sondergaard (Denmark u21)

Matheson (England u19)
Hoever (Netherlands u18)
Marques (Portugal u20)
Kilman
Ait-Nouri (France u21)

MGW (England u21)
Neves (Portugal International)
Vitinha (Portugal u21)

Neto (Portugal u21)
Fabio Silva (Portugal u20)

We’ve got a great future

Mrs E

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
E&S reporting that the **** will sign one of Grant, Andre Gray or our old friend Deeney before next Fridays deadline. Grant is their first choice by all accounts.
Deeney would suit them and be sure to score against us

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Patience mate. We finished 7th last season because we fell behind the other 6. Some on here see us as missing an opportunity to break into the top 6 this window. The teams that finished above were always going to invest, we would have had to invest massively to improve enough to not only catch, but overtake them.

This window we had to do things differently, we invested in players to maintain where we are, but also in this or the next season or so, claw back some of that gap.

I'm loving this approach, we will see some of the top young players improve and grow with us.

Exactly. :D

Snorbans Wolf

Reaction score
Last season I’ll admit I was panicked with the Neto buy as it seemed like so much money for a player who hadn’t done anything and we were lining Uncle J’s pockets.

The truth is, the lad is a £50m player.

We’re signing some of the hottest prospects in the game.

Some might not develop to the level we want but it’s worth a try.

Marques is also one in the ranks who they seem to think will go to the very top.

Matheson is a great buy also IMO.

Our u23 team looks like this

Sondergaard (Denmark u21)

Matheson (England u19)
Hoever (Netherlands u18)
Marques (Portugal u20)
Kilman
Ait-Nouri (France u21)

MGW (England u21)
Neves (Portugal International)
Vitinha (Portugal u21)

Neto (Portugal u21)
Fabio Silva (Portugal u20)

We’ve got a great future
Not sure Neves would like being considered an U23 but I agree with the general point you’re making. It’s clear what our strategy is, and I think it’s spot on.

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I see a player we were linked with (in the papers at least) over the summer for the right back spot - Santiago Arias has suffered a nasty injury today playing for Colombia

Houston Lobo

Reaction score
Does the domestic window run until this Monday?

Apart from some speculation, arrivals into Premier League teams seems to have been pretty quiet. Or have I missed some?

cookey

In Memory
Reaction score
Does the domestic window run until this Monday?

Apart from some speculation, arrivals into Premier League teams seems to have been pretty quiet. Or have I missed some?
No Friday 16th at 5pm BST and youve missed nowt

D

Deleted member 5635

Gedson Fernandes left out of Spurs Europa league squad I have a feeling we may go for him in January. On an 18 month loan to Spurs from Benfica but he may get more game time with us.
It’s probably just a 2+2 = 5

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Gedson Fernandes left out of Spurs Europa league squad I have a feeling we may go for him in January. On an 18 month loan to Spurs from Benfica but he may get more game time with us.

He's wasting his time at Spurs. Would be far better off with us.

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not sure Neves would like being considered an U23 but I agree with the general point you’re making. It’s clear what our strategy is, and I think it’s spot on.
Sondergaard has fallen out of favour with Denmark?

D

Deleted member 11332

He's wasting his time at Spurs. Would be far better off with us.

If he can't beat out the likes of Harry Winks then how's he expected to get in our side? Spurs central midfield options are appalling.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If he can't beat out the likes of Harry Winks then how's he expected to get in our side? Spurs central midfield options are appalling.

To be fair he is a good talent but looks like he isnt going to get much of a chance at Spurs. He will do well somewhere else in my opinion.

WolfWarrior

Groupie
Reaction score
No chance, was offered previously and we could have had him but Nuno doesn’t fancy him.

D

Deleted member 11332

To be fair he is a good talent but looks like he isnt going to get much of a chance at Spurs. He will do well somewhere else in my opinion.

Think he's too weak to play in the middle in England and not good enough as a 10 or wide man. Be ok in France or Italy.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Benrahma close to joining West Ham.

goldfish

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He does look a good player in the Championship, but it’s looking like they’re having to pay £30m. A bit too pricey I think.

It's a lot, but looks a bargain next to £35m for Silva. West Ham have a good record of buying forward players from the Championship (Bowen, Antonio).

Wolf in the sun

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

claims we were in talk with a. madrid about lemar...

Yout has been busy writing that!

Back
Top Bottom