Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer 2020 Transfer Window

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Right, I’ve got bored of the January 2020 window....so what do we need in the Summer and who will we get.

Or is the biggest success for Summer 2020 who we retain?

Or should we take a big money sale to reinvest?

For me I’d like 4 signings another CB (with pace to give us the option of 4 at the back), another midfielder (to compete with Moutinho and Neves) and a centre forward (to back-up Raul - depending on Campana). In addition, we may need to consider a no.2 goalkeeper.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Right, I’ve got bored of the January 2020 window....so what do we need in the Summer and who will we get.

For me I’d like 4 signings another CB (with pace to give us the option of 4 at the back), another midfielder (to compete with Moutinho and Neves) and a centre forward (to back-up Raul - depending on Campana). In addition, we may need to consider a no.2 goalkeeper.

Please, don't. Wait until May at least.

D

Deleted at own request member 8370

Realistically we need a player in each position apart from the wings...

Mrs E

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No more transfer window madness until May please

The Professional

'Unprofessional'
Reaction score
Couple of big departures in the Summer. Plus, hopefully a couple of decent replacements coming in. Going to be an exciting window!

D

Deleted member LP 3925

Well, the Summer 2020 transfer window was just terrible. Wolves, Fosun, Nuno, Thelwell; you’ve really let us down when we should have kicked on whilst our rivals were weak.

Just thought I’d get it in early!

Last edited by a moderator:

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well Summer 2020 transfer window was just terrible. Wolves, Fosun, Nuno, Thelwell; you’ve really let us down when we should have kicked on whilst our rivals were weak.

Just thought i’d get it in early!
Who said sarcasm was the lowest form of wit? Done properly it can be very clever.

Hixon Wolf

Reaction score
May as well start the January 2021 transfer thread while you're at it!! :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

S

ShropshireLad

We haven’t even had our pancakes yet.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I reckon we will go back in for the South Korean striker playing in Germany in the summer.

kennyB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
After Villa get relegated we'll be after you know who!

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We need that Bruno Fernandes type player. We have fantastic midfielders in Neves and Moutinho, but we need that one player who can come up with something out of the ordinary. Van De Beek or Odegaard would be my choices, but they may be out of our reach if we dont get European qualification.

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We need that Bruno Fernandes type player. We have fantastic midfielders in Neves and Moutinho, but we need that one player who can come up with something out of the ordinary. Van De Beek or Odegaard would be my choices, but they may be out of our reach if we dont get European qualification.

But where does he fit into nuno’s rigid system

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Taffywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We need another right back to compete with Doc, I like the rumours we are watching Joe Rodon, class young defender who will go to the very top, now would be the time to get him before you are looking at 40 Mill plus. Another central midfielder, someone with pace and energy, box to box. Not far away then imo.

D

Deleted member 5962

Van de Beek is certainly a willing runner, which we need, the price he would be going for might make him a bit unreasonable for Wolves. I think Ajax are expecting around 50-60 million for him.

Southdownswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And the main reason listed is that Wolves are ahead of Manchester United and Chelsea? Really?

As with their report on UEFA stopping the Europa league tonight, wildly inaccurate.
Just saying that the rumours are still going around...

Taffywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Where would he fit in? I worry slightly at the moment for Podence. I see similarities with Cutrone on the fact he's not getting much chance and at the moment is 4th choice out wide. Early days I know but with Nuno not one to rotate often where are the games going to come from.?

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we're really after Rodriguez it suggests a change of style or at least an alternative plan, which given the costs, would be intended to be the main one.
If so surely one of our wide players will be sold.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we're really after Rodriguez it suggests a change of style or at least an alternative plan, which given the costs, would be intended to be the main one.
If so surely one of our wide players will be sold.
There’s more chance of me being noshed off by Margot Robbie than James Rodriguez coming to Wolves.

D

Deleted member 9788

There’s more chance of me being noshed off by Margot Robbie than James Rodriguez coming to Wolves.
You would have thought by now people would realise that we buy young talent or diamonds in the rough for nuno to work his magic on and not these marquee signings...

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Papers making a big effort to break up our squad the last couple of days.

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You would have thought by now people would realise that we buy young talent or diamonds in the rough for nuno to work his magic on and not these marquee signings...
Not strictly true. We brought Raul because it was a good deal. At the right price we might go for it. Not that I'm suggesting its true either, there's little evidence to suggest it is.

Back
Top Bottom