Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer 2020 Transfer Window

D

Deleted member 9788

Not strictly true. We brought Raul because it was a good deal. At the right price we might go for it. Not that I'm suggesting its true either, there's little evidence to suggest it is.

Rauls best years as a player have arguably been at wolves though. Apart from Mexico was he really a massive star and name like Rodriguez? I just couldn't see Nuno going for him. Joao was a big name but he's came more towards the backend of his career.

Deak77

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In all honesty though,has Hamez really done 'that' much since Brazil 2014?

I really don't think he's worth anything close to the 71m being touted around.

Deak77

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The way I see it,there's not going to be any proper football as we know it for a very long time,let alone a transfer window.

These are completely new times for the world,football is only a small part of the bigger picture.This thing hasn't even peaked yet, and even after it has it's going to be a long time before people have the confidence to think about attending football matches,or booking a holiday,or any of the other things we've done freely in the past without a second thought.

Tojo the grass

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Oh well. Think my pant wetting over transfers may be on hold for a while!

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can see major shake ups happening with players contracts cancelled as people stop paying sky and dont pay for season tickets. Its not just small clubs at risk, its all clubs

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The way I see it,there's not going to be any proper football as we know it for a very long time,let alone a transfer window.

These are completely new times for the world,football is only a small part of the bigger picture.This thing hasn't even peaked yet, and even after it has it's going to be a long time before people have the confidence to think about attending football matches,or booking a holiday,or any of the other things we've done freely in the past without a second thought.
I agree.. but quite a lot of players are out of contract in June. They will have no pay as of then if they don't get fixed up with a club...

Miniwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I agree.. but quite a lot of players are out of contract in June. They will have no pay as of then if they don't get fixed up with a club...

I was reading something about this yesterday, was suggested that any out of contract players in June would have their contract extended by one or two months or however long it takes to complete the season where their contracts will then end. Our players this would apply to would be Ruddy, Kilman, Bright and Graham.. not sure if there are any others.

D

Deleted member LP 3925

James Rodriguez rumour just popped up on One Football App from something called Sportslens.

pinch of salt to go with it?

D

Deleted member LP 3925

Milot Rashica rumour mentioned in various papers and online. Weirder Bremen winger. Says Liverpool also keen on him.

Someone previously mentioned him in the January rumours thread.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
Milot Rashica rumour mentioned in various papers and online. Weirder Bremen winger. Says Liverpool also keen on him.

Someone previously mentioned him in the January rumours thread.
Another wide player?

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think all teams are in for a quieter window. Would anyone mind if we didn’t sign anyone but didn’t loose any players either?
I could live with it but wouldn't be happy. Its clear we're close but not quite good enough to reach the Champions league.

waggys left foot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think all teams are in for a quieter window. Would anyone mind if we didn’t sign anyone but didn’t loose any players either?

Prices are probably going to fall sharply and there is even a suggestion that clubs will agree not to pinch each others players for a period.

We need a reserve number 9 -Could be Campana and I would like a more direct central midfielder .

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Prices are probably going to fall sharply and there is even a suggestion that clubs will agree not to pinch each others players for a period.

We need a reserve number 9 -Could be Campana and I would like a more direct central midfielder .

I wouldn’t disagree with that Waggy but we may need a number 2 goalkeeper as Ruddy may consider moving to be a number 1.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score

That’s why it is fatuous that Kane will go for £200M in this climate when clubs will need to re-balance their finances and with the possibility that we could be in this position again in 12 months unless they discover a vaccine .

waggys left foot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wouldn’t disagree with that Waggy but we may need a number 2 goalkeeper as Ruddy may consider moving to be a number 1.

Yes true -in an ideal world Campana,MGW and Norris/Sondergaard would be good enough but jury's out there

oldgolded

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Had to laugh when I saw recently that West Ham had been linked with Alexis Sanchez. Such a typical West Ham signing. Way past his best and will demand megabucks. It's amazing how they never learn.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Norris is struggling for any kind of form in Div3
I remember seeing earlier that Norris was playing No. 2 to their regular keeper. I wonder if it is, as you say struggling for form, or if he is still being overlooked because of their no.1. Another bad loan? Or another overated player when he came to us?

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Norris looked really good in the cup but when he played in the league and since he hasn't really looked that good.

M

merseawolf

I remember seeing earlier that Norris was playing No. 2 to their regular keeper. I wonder if it is, as you say struggling for form, or if he is still being overlooked because of their no.1. Another bad loan? Or another overated player when he came to us?
From what i hear from blokes at work who have seen him plenty this season he has been poor when given chances. He’s not alone there though. Lambert has chopped and changed the team so much it’s no wonder they are where they are.
They say Norris really struggles with his control and kicking.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Norris will be gone Ipswich is about his level.

centre half with Bennett / Kilman possibly leaving

Another forward but may prove to be a pointless move because same will happen as with Cutrone not given a proper chance then leave.

Maybe another wing back and goalkeeper?

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's hard to see who we'd want from Porto. Best players in the prime don't really fit needs or how we play.

A youngster maybe.

That mexican winger/fullback maybe but I don't think he'll beat out Doherty.

Main position of need for us is CB. I want to see us spend for a CB. Ruben Dias maybe, Benfica might need to sell now. Saiss and Dendoncker play well when asked but I don't see them as top 4 calibre and defense is our strength, what we need to be great at to break into the top 4.

Podence in his limited showings hasn't done enough to stop me looking for another attacker. Especially if we start getting big bids for Raul or Adama.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Norris will be gone Ipswich is about his level.

centre half with Bennett / Kilman possibly leaving

Another forward but may prove to be a pointless move because same will happen as with Cutrone not given a proper chance then leave.

Maybe another wing back and goalkeeper?

Bennett is gone you'd imagine. But I'd keep Kilman around, can't imagine him throwing up a massive fuss in the background if he's not getting that much game time. Covers you at Left CB and even left WB if desperate. Shown some promise but don't see him as a premiership calibre player in the future.

waggys left foot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Did manure say that? :rolleyes:

I didn't think so :p

It's all part of the attempt to defuse the 30 June contract problem (with notice that's the end of July problem ).

Another example of someone somewhere pushing their own agenda.

Neville is right -clubs should declare where they stand on the 2019/20 season end problem and Owners and CEOs should keep.fans better informed.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
When the window opens in July don’t race to close it .Keep it open until January to enable clubs to re-adjust their finances to re-coup revenue,to enable clubs to re-balance their squads and allow players who are out of contract who may need to move on and need minimise the impact on the possibility of having to re-locate their families after these troubled times .

D

Deleted member 4099

Football along with a lot of things is going to be in such a state of flux when we come out of this that rules and regulations are going to have bypassed or simply scrapped. Restrictive trading policy’s like transfer windows and FFP should some of the first to go imo.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
When the window opens in July don’t race to close it .Keep it open until January to enable clubs to re-adjust their finances to re-coup revenue,to enable clubs to re-balance their squads and allow players who are out of contract who may need to move on and need minimise the impact on the possibility of having to re-locate their families after these troubled times .
Stop it Jonzy. How do you expect the authorities to listen to any suggestion that makes sense?;):rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom