Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Staying @ Wolves - Traore or Trincao or Barca / Sporting Swap Deals??

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we don’t sign Trincao, Barca will not sign Traore. Make your mind up on what’s going to happen. ;)
You might very well be right however, I hope that Jeff is smart enough to not marry the two deals together.
On the face of it, Trincao may not be good enough for the PL.
Simply put…..WE JUST DON‘T KNOW YET.

I can’t see anyone making a deal where if Trincao or Traore get injured, then the whole deal for both players is off the table. It’s crazy. Would either player or their agents okay that? I don’t think so.
Also, I shudder to think that Jeff is foolish enough to accept the scenario where if Traore is a star at Barca then they sign him but if he’s injured, they don’t?
How lopsided is that silly notion? Who on here would sign such a deal where Barca ONLY a win/win deal with Wolves while we might come out ok?
Barca gets to have their cake and eat it too?…….crazy

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They actually slightly remind me of each other. Absolutely quality on the ball in bursts and largely ineffective the rest of the time.
Except one was a cm who rarely gave the ball away, and was playing in a terribly out of form defensive side.

The other is an attacker in an in form attacking side who has barely created a chance in his time here .

Vitinha always had something about him. Trincao has nothing except a nice turn and nutmeg before losing the ball

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You might very well be right however, I hope that Jeff is smart enough to not marry the two deals together.
On the face of it, Trincao may not be good enough for the PL.
Simply put…..WE JUST DON‘T KNOW YET.

I can’t see anyone making a deal where if Trincao or Traore get injured, then the whole deal for both players is off the table. It’s crazy. Would either player or their agents okay that? I don’t think so.
Also, I shudder to think that Jeff is foolish enough to accept the scenario where if Traore is a star at Barca then they sign him but if he’s injured, they don’t?
How lopsided is that silly notion? Who on here would sign such a deal where Barca ONLY a win/win deal with Wolves while we might come out ok?
Barca gets to have their cake and eat it too?…….crazy

Let’s break this down.

1. They both have the same agent - Mendes. He constructed the deals for the benefit of his players, himself, and both clubs.
2. Trincao didn’t get a say in either Traore’s deal or the linking of them. His deal was done alone last summer. Barca had to sell, he knew that, and Wolves gives him the best chance of making it in the richest league in the world, surrounded by a team of Portuguese and a Portuguese manager, and assured by his agent. For Traore, of course he goes for it. Dream club hometown return, and eventually a nice salary to boot (because he gets all or most of Trincao’s).
3. Yes there are risks of the deals collapsing due to injury or some unforeseen major falling out. That is a risk with single player deals too.
4. Consider why it’s good for Wolves. Barca offer around 10m more than Spurs, they are not league competition, and moving a player to his hometown dream club, one of the biggest in the world, will be a positive message for the Wolves squad. Moreover, because Barca have a player on loan at Wolves, who they are desperate to sell for the option agreed, Barca have a strong incentive to sign Traore even if he only does ok. In other words, the Trincao deal helps secure the Traore one.

Now of course if Trincao is tat then Wolves wouldn’t want to now be forced to sign him to secure the Traore sale. So knowing how these deals are now linked, it will have forced Wolves to decide in January are they likely to want to sign Trincao in the summer. Since they did the Traore deal, then the answer is yes. If they had no intention of signing Trincao, then the Traore deal with Barca would not have been done. Because of the relative option prices, and the Spurs alternative offer, you could even think of this as Wolves securing Trincao for around 10m less than we previously agreed. This is likely what Wolves wanted in any case - similar to seeking to reduce the options on Vintinha and RAN.

When you consider the scenarios and alternatives, it’s not lopsided at all. In fact it’s very neat. It suits both clubs, both players and the agent. Yes a serious injury to either of both players is a risk, but that’s unavoidable in any player move which is not a simple immediate sale.

Last edited:

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The difference is you can tell vitinha was quality .

Marginal call for me. I’d say neither have shone in any of their performances. In Vitinha’s defence he’s seemingly had less opportunities to do so.

But you could argue Trincao must be doing something right as we’re still in the hunt for Europe and he’s played a lot.

Kelevra

Reaction score
Interesting comments from the latest wolves video between coady and neto

- Adama consistently late for match days

Something we as fans wouldn’t be aware of, and something taken very seriously by management.

Jd132

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
The loaning of young players is supposed to be about trying before you buy. Vitinha was not very good so we didn't buy him. Trincao has not been very good so I hope we don't buy him.

With Podence, Neto, Hwang, Chiquinho and potentially Morgan too, I hope the Trincao money is invested in the new target man striker that Lage has been requesting.

If the Traore money is invested in a new midfielder and defender, the squad is basically ready for the 22/23 season.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Interesting comments from the latest wolves video between coady and neto

- Adama consistently late for match days

Something we as fans wouldn’t be aware of, and something taken very seriously by management.
Yeah I picked that up too, also Ait-Nouri (which might explain why he was dropped for Marçal a couple of weeks ago)

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The loaning of young players is supposed to be about trying before you buy. Vitinha was not very good so we didn't buy him. Trincao has not been very good so I hope we don't buy him.

With Podence, Neto, Hwang, Chiquinho and potentially Morgan too, I hope the Trincao money is invested in the new target man striker that Lage has been requesting.

If the Traore money is invested in a new midfielder and defender, the squad is basically ready for the 22/23 season.

If we don’t sign Trincao, there will be no Traore money.

Jd132

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
If we don’t sign Trincao, there will be no Traore money.
You say that like it's a fact. They are two standalone deals that will only be linked if Wolves want them to be. Adama has accepted £15k a week on the proviso that he is signed and gets wages more befitting of his ability after the Summer- he will definitely be moving. The Trincao deal still rests on whether we want him or not.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Except one was a cm who rarely gave the ball away, and was playing in a terribly out of form defensive side.

The other is an attacker in an in form attacking side who has barely created a chance in his time here .

Vitinha always had something about him. Trincao has nothing except a nice turn and nutmeg before losing the ball
Vitinha was definitely in a terribly out of form defensive team and he looked absolutely amazing in dispatches. He just didn't have the consistency and went missing 80 percent of the time. I'd still have signed him though. The quality of performance he turned in against West Brom was the standard individual performance last year.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
did I watch a different Vitinha?

I thought Vitinha looked very talented and you could see he had something about him. Just Nuno handicapped him with the football and system.

He went to the Portuguese youth team and stood out in the tournament and now he looks like the best midfielder in the Portuguese league.

Rather have him then Trinaco right now

wolvesaywe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You say that like it's a fact. They are two standalone deals that will only be linked if Wolves want them to be. Adama has accepted £15k a week on the proviso that he is signed and gets wages more befitting of his ability after the Summer- he will definitely be moving. The Trincao deal still rests on whether we want him or not.
Thoughts with Adama at this difficult financial time

djmikeydickens

Reaction score
I think the Trincao money would be better spent on a moutinho replacement. Not that I want João to leave but it appears he's not being offered a new deal. We have plenty of attacking options assuming Neto is the player he was

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

If we don’t buy Trincao then Barca will not buy Traore whether he wants to or not, even if he’s brilliant for them. He will then have foregone almost 1m in wages during his loan spell for nothing, as well as a move to his hometown club, signing bonus and new higher salary. He will be entirely in his rights to say FU Wolves, and walk summer 2023 for zero having signed a pre contract next January. There goes every penny of the Traore money, and for the next 12 months, most of the wages Wolves would have spent on Trincao / alternative.

Mendes is the agent for both Traore and Trincao. If Wolves pull out of the Trincao deal, then he loses his fee on 50m of sales, and Guo loses his share of that as part owner of his agency - Guo personally, not Fosun. Jeff works for Guo.

Barca will be left with Trincao back on their books they don’t want with 120k/wages they would prefer to spend on someone else. They will be forced to sell him for a knock down fee off the back of a “failed” Wolves loan. Wolves and Barca won’t be doing any more business anytime soon.

If you think all that’s going to happen, when Wolves / Jeff will have considered exactly those implications before loaning Traore to Barca and turning down Spurs offer in January, then there’s not much else I can say.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we don’t buy Trincao then Barca will not buy Traore whether he wants to or not, even if he’s brilliant for them. He will then have foregone almost 1m in wages during his loan spell for nothing, as well as a move to his hometown club, signing bonus and new higher salary. He will be entirely in his rights to say FU Wolves, and walk summer 2023 for zero having signed a pre contract next January. There goes your Traore money.

Mendes is the agent for both Traore and Trincao. If Wolves pull out of the Trincao deal, then he loses his fee on 50m of sales, and Guo loses his share of that as part owner of his agency - Guo personally, not Fosun. Jeff works for Guo.

Barca will be left with Trincao back on their books they don’t want with 120k/wages they would prefer to spend on someone else. They will be forced to sell him for a knock down fee off the back of a “failed” Wolves loan. Wolves and Barca won’t be doing any more business anytime soon.

If you think all that’s going to happen, when Wolves / Jeff will have considered exactly those implications before loaning Traore to Barca and turning down Spurs offer in January, then there’s not much else I can say.
If Adama does well at Barca then there may well be other suitors interested. The only way I would accept a Traore/Trincao is if we immediately moved him on either for cash or a player trade with another club for a position we need to strengthen Eg striker or midfielder.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we don’t buy Trincao then Barca will not buy Traore whether he wants to or not. He will then have foregone almost 1m in wages during his loan spell for nothing, as well as a move to his hometown club, signing bonus and new higher salary. He will be entirely in his rights to say FU Wolves, and walk summer 2023 for zero having signed a pre contract next January.

Mendes is the agent for both Traore and Trincao. If Wolves pull out of the Trincao deal, then he loses his fee on 50m of sales, and Guo loses his share of that as part owner of his agency. Jeff works for Guo.

Sorry, but barca aren't skint. It's about the wage bill mandated by the la liga. They will pay the 29 million, because dembele is on a **** tonne of cash, and traore offers many of the same attributes for less.
And from our perspective we'll be offering someone 120k a week(one of our top earners) despite doing absolutely **** all to deserve it.
I'd say the difference was that we didn't give vitinha many real chances to show his quality and we've given trincao tonnes. Our approach played moutinho and one other, whether he is playing well(which of late he has been) or not(think over Christmas last year, when he was dreadful). Vitinha and Moutinho together? Not sure that works as a combination tbh.

QB Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Vitinha had more competition ahead of him than Trincao, also the wide forwards are more often brought off the bench than central midfielders, unless I’m remembering it wrongly.

steve vena

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Marginal call for me. I’d say neither have shone in any of their performances. In Vitinha’s defence he’s seemingly had less opportunities to do so.

But you could argue Trincao must be doing something right as we’re still in the hunt for Europe and he’s played a lot.
He looked average to me but we were playing very poorly at that time so I don't know what to think tbh.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sorry, but barca aren't skint. It's about the wage bill mandated by the la liga. They will pay the 29 million, because dembele is on a **** tonne of cash, and traore offers many of the same attributes for less.
And from our perspective we'll be offering someone 120k a week(one of our top earners) despite doing absolutely **** all to deserve it.

I'd say the difference was that we didn't give vitinha many real chances to show his quality and we've given trincao tonnes. Our approach played moutinho and one other, whether he is playing well(which of late he has been) or not(think over Christmas last year, when he was dreadful). Vitinha and Moutinho together? Not sure that works as a combination tbh.

You’re right to a degree, yes their wage bill is the priority, and getting shut of Dembele and Trincao in exchange for Traore using Trincao’s wages will help them. I doubt we will offer Trincao the same wages as he’s on at Barca, and probably he will instead get a healthy signing on bonus to compensate to some extent. Barca are seriously in debt, to the tune of £1.20bn, and need to spend a lot renovating their stadium, but banks are lining up to loan them money so they’re not in distress.

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You do love to post pointless spam bait links jay jay. They're all regurgitated chatter to get clicks and have zero news content

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Let’s break this down.

1. They both have the same agent - Mendes. He constructed the deals for the benefit of his players, himself, and both clubs.
2. Trincao didn’t get a say in either Traore’s deal or the linking of them. His deal was done alone last summer. Barca had to sell, he knew that, and Wolves gives him the best chance of making it in the richest league in the world, surrounded by a team of Portuguese and a Portuguese manager, and assured by his agent. For Traore, of course he goes for it. Dream club hometown return, and eventually a nice salary to boot (because he gets all or most of Trincao’s).
3. Yes there are risks of the deals collapsing due to injury or some unforeseen major falling out. That is a risk with single player deals too.
4. Consider why it’s good for Wolves. Barca offer around 10m more than Spurs, they are not league competition, and moving a player to his hometown dream club, one of the biggest in the world, will be a positive message for the Wolves squad. Moreover, because Barca have a player on loan at Wolves, who they are desperate to sell for the option agreed, Barca have a strong incentive to sign Traore even if he only does ok. In other words, the Trincao deal helps secure the Traore one.

Now of course if Trincao is tat then Wolves wouldn’t want to now be forced to sign him to secure the Traore sale. So knowing how these deals are now linked, it will have forced Wolves to decide in January are they likely to want to sign Trincao in the summer. Since they did the Traore deal, then the answer is yes. If they had no intention of signing Trincao, then the Traore deal with Barca would not have been done. Because of the relative option prices, and the Spurs alternative offer, you could even think of this as Wolves securing Trincao for around 10m less than we previously agreed. This is likely what Wolves wanted in any case - similar to seeking to reduce the options on Vintinha and RAN.

When you consider the scenarios and alternatives, it’s not lopsided at all. In fact it’s very neat. It suits both clubs, both players and the agent. Yes a serious injury to either of both players is a risk, but that’s unavoidable in any player move which is not a simple immediate sale.
We differ on this.
Too many things stated as facts and then there’s the speculations.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So Barca have no say in the issue at all? Total BS!

Aimless Balls

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’d take another young player or two along with Trincao and call it a deal. Straight-up, that’s not enough.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We differ on this.
Too many things stated as facts and then there’s the speculations.

Yes we differ on opinion, and I have no inside knowledge to base my view on. But other than describing what I think the end result will be, what did I state in my list which is speculative?

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes we differ on opinion, and I have no inside knowledge to base my view on. But other than describing what I think the end result will be, what did I state in my list which is speculative?
Fair enough…neither of us have enough info to be be certain. But I have stated elsewhere several times, ( again without proof ), that I believe that the Adama deal is a done deal and a loan only on paper to satisfy Barca’s financial restrictions.
As for the speculative part, we don’t know that Bruno wants Trincao. whether he wants to stay, or would he link his future to Traore’s performance at Barca, especially when he’s seen Adama’s inconsistent performances at Wolves.
But who really knows?

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I only remember the cup game where he scored a great goal against Chorley and then was as average as the rest of the team for the rest of the game. Let just say I think we would struggle to create a Vitinha highlight reel for YouTube from the time he was with us. I do think “being great in Portugal” isn't a great measure and to back this up the Great Palhinia and Goncalves were in the team drubbed 5-0 at home by City last week.

Wolf in Kenilworth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I only remember the cup game where he scored a great goal against Chorley and then was as average as the rest of the team for the rest of the game. Let just say I think we would struggle to create a Vitinha highlight reel for YouTube from the time he was with us. I do think “being great in Portugal” isn't a great measure and to back this up the Great Palhinia and Goncalves were in the team drubbed 5-0 at home by City last week.
Agreed. Vitinha didn’t do any more than Trincao has done so far. Albion away was his best performance and he was badly underused IMO.

Back
Top Bottom