Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Staying @ Wolves - Traore or Trincao or Barca / Sporting Swap Deals??

Guzeppi

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Be interested if anyone has done an analysis of how many times Adama has toe punted a stupid shot out of play instead of passing to a teammate at Barca

If it’s far less than the bazillion times he did it at Wolves you may have a point
He's done it less than the bazillion times he did at wolves. For a very simple reason. All he has to do is pass the ball into the box and there is invariably 3 or 4 of his red/blue mates ready for it. From what I've seen he plays pretty much the same poisiition as at wolves, with the same involvement. The difference is he's not the only outlet. He has one job, he does it, everyone's happy because the stats are a "bazillion" times improved.

Manic88

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's done it less than the bazillion times he did at wolves. For a very simple reason. All he has to do is pass the ball into the box and there is invariably 3 or 4 of his red/blue mates ready for it.

I can think of a few times he could have played in Raul but decided to see if physics had changed and your toe was now the best thing to hit the ball with

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Decision to let him go out on loan without an obligation is almost as baffling as the decision to commit to signing Hwang before seeing out the season.
I would understand there not being an obligation if he was a bench player for us or somebody we didn't really need. But obviously that isn't the case here.

Hwang one baffles me too. I almost hope it's a commercial decision because there is better out there, even for the money.

Guzeppi

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can think of a few times he could have played in Raul but decided to see if physics had changed and your toe was now the best thing to hit the ball with
Raul? You mean one player. He can't aim at 1 player! Read what I wrote again, he gets 3-4 red/blue shirts in the box. He misses one, he gets another.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

I watched a bit of Spurs last night and saw Bentacur and Kuleshevski. Where did they both come from? I believe new to the team and both fitting in like they had been in the Prem for years. A bit like when WHU bought Coufal and Souchek. Arsenal with Partey. I don't know what these players cost but if we want to seriously play with the big boys then we need to find similar players. There are other other footballers than Portuguese?
Coufal £5.4M and Souchek £19M. Absolute steals.
Partey cost £45M from Atletico. Bentacur and Kuleshevski from Juve. Kuleshevski €10M loan fee for 18 months with €35M perm after addons.
Bentacur only €19M rising to 25M.

Last 3 outside our wage bracket probably

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Coufal £5.4M and Souchek £19M. Absolute steals.
Partey cost £45M from Atletico. Bentacur and Kuleshevski from Juve. Kuleshevski €10M loan fee for 18 months with €35M perm after addons.
Bentacur only €19M rising to 25M.

Last 3 outside our wage bracket probably
I’d also say Coufal and Soucek were opportunity of a lifetime style deals, West Ham won’t find value like that again for years if at all. Much like us paying £5m for Mouts; again, that value just doesn’t appear, it occurs through contacts and favours.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’d also say Coufal and Soucek were opportunity of a lifetime style deals, West Ham won’t find value like that again for years if at all. Much like us paying £5m for Mouts; again, that value just doesn’t appear, it occurs through contacts and favours.
A little OT (sorry!) but I'd love to get to the bottom of the Mouts/Silva thing. You're saying we paid just £5 mil for Moutinho because we agreed to over-pay for Silva? Correct? If so why not pay say £15 mil for Moutinho and £25 mil for Silva? Both prices seem more realistic and the same thing at the end of the day? Or is there more to it than that and I'm being naive?

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I pray that our management are not stupid enough to do any sort of deal for Trincao. I gave seen enough of him now I think to have made my mind up that...if I am being charitable...he doesn't suit the league, and if I am not, then I think he is ****. Both Vitinha and Silva have far more about them , and so for that matter does MGW. If we are going down the spend little money route, we send Trincao back at the end of the season and welcome Morfan bavpck and see if we can do a deal with Barca for a CM.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Barcelona mess us about then we have to cut dealings with them..

Trincao we can forgive nobody knew the player he was. However if we don’t want to sign him or Puig we are then forced into players we don’t want again.

Players like Mingueza , Roberto, Lenglet would maybe improve us slightly. Puig is another unknown kid. If we fail to get money for Adama we then rely on selling someone like Raul or Neves. Mendes knows if Villa sign Coutinho they can afford to buy Adama. Unfortunately you can just see this dragging on

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Puigs scored once all season, on the face of it probably not what we need..... Someone might've seen more Barca games and the kid in person?
Personally think we've had a swap deal + money for Trincao from the start....only way to get both moving.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Puigs scored once all season, on the face of it probably not what we need..... Someone might've seen more Barca games and the kid in person?
Personally think we've had a swap deal + money for Trincao from the start....only way to get both moving.
Puig is very talented but lightweight for a midfielder he wouldn’t really make it in the premier league. He is talented though. Not what we need. If we end up with Trincao I will be angry we’ve just thrown €30m away

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Puig is very talented but lightweight for a midfielder he wouldn’t really make it in the premier league. He is talented though. Not what we need. If we end up with Trincao I will be angry we’ve just thrown €30m away
If we get any more players who spend half the match flat on their face I give up. When you remember how strong Jota was, riding tackles and giving it back, that's what we want. Get into them, **** em off.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we get any more players who spend half the match flat on their face I give up. When you remember how strong Jota was, riding tackles and giving it back, that's what we want. Get into them, **** em off.
Bring on the summer overhaul.

MasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Adama keeps on producing the way he has been he could be worth more than €30m but it still never made a lick of sense, this gift of a loan to Barca. I’d rather have sold him for €20m and spent that money than agree to a handshake deal with desperate people.
I do think he's worth much more than that, but realistically a player is only worth what a club is willing to pay for them. In our case here with Adama only having 12 months left on his contract in the summer, I can't see anyone matching or surpassing that figure. I do hope I'm wrong though!

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This was so predictable.

The only possible way we were getting £25m or whatever the figure is, was if Trincao did well and we effectively swapped them.

Clearly, we can't sign Trincao now, so we're stumped with Traore.

What do we do? He has a year left on his deal so he's worth what? About £15m?

If he says he only wants to go to Barcelona we may not even get that fee as he could sign a pre-contract from January 2023.

It really was the most idiotic deal I have ever seen. We've effectively give him away for these six months for no gain whatsoever, just weakened ourselves considerably. For nothing!!!!

We put too much trust into a club like Barcelona who are ****s. I mentioned at the time that this is a club that didn't pay West Brom £250,000 for Louie Barry (and still haven't) even though they sold him for up to £3m to Aston Villa just a matter of months later.

I will save the full anger until the summer but if this plays out with us selling Traore for a cut-price to Barcelona then it really HAS to be a sackable offence for whoever was behind it (I presume Jeff Shi). It would also need to be explained to the fans how they could actually be so stupid.
Agreed

They are ****ing imbeciles and it has contributed massively to our loss of form

Idiots running our football club .

MasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've been watching Puig videos on YouTube today. He seems to me to be like a crap version of Neves. I hope we're not looking to sign him to replace Ruben.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We were never going to get a fee for Adama and we still wont see a penny.
It'll be a swap for someone

MasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This was so predictable.

The only possible way we were getting £25m or whatever the figure is, was if Trincao did well and we effectively swapped them.

Clearly, we can't sign Trincao now, so we're stumped with Traore.

What do we do? He has a year left on his deal so he's worth what? About £15m?

If he says he only wants to go to Barcelona we may not even get that fee as he could sign a pre-contract from January 2023.

It really was the most idiotic deal I have ever seen. We've effectively give him away for these six months for no gain whatsoever, just weakened ourselves considerably. For nothing!!!!

We put too much trust into a club like Barcelona who are ****s. I mentioned at the time that this is a club that didn't pay West Brom £250,000 for Louie Barry (and still haven't) even though they sold him for up to £3m to Aston Villa just a matter of months later.

I will save the full anger until the summer but if this plays out with us selling Traore for a cut-price to Barcelona then it really HAS to be a sackable offence for whoever was behind it (I presume Jeff Shi). It would also need to be explained to the fans how they could actually be so stupid.
I'm not into kicking people when they're down, but I don't remember too many people thinking it was a good deal when it was done in Jan.

Anyone with half a brain cell knew this could come back to bite us. We're just not run by football people unfortunately.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've been watching Puig videos on YouTube today. He seems to me to be like a crap version of Neves. I hope we're not looking to sign him to replace Ruben.
Exactly a lightweight passer we don’t need that kind of player do we??? Watch Watford tomorrow Sissoko is 32 exact kind player we need shame about his age

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For who though?

Who will want to come?

Who would we want?

We are going to the massive losers in this . Its one of the worst pieces of business by a football club I can remember
No idea
No idea
No idea

So we wanted to make him the 1st/2nd highest paid player at the club and he didn't want to sign.
He didn't want to be here
He wanted to play for Barcelona
People still don't seem to get it

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We were never going to get a fee for Adama and we still wont see a penny.
It'll be a swap for someone
If it is for Trincao it's like swapping a Bentley with a flat tyre for a Robin Reliant missing a front wheel....

MasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Exactly a lightweight passer we don’t need that kind of player do we??? Watch Watford tomorrow Sissoko is 32 exact kind player we need shame about his age
We really don't. We need someone who'll carry the ball forward into dangerous positions e.g. Renato. Let's hope we can pull something big off in the summer!

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No idea
No idea
No idea

So we wanted to make him the 1st/2nd highest paid player at the club and he didn't want to sign.

What are we - a charity?

If we wanted a good deal we should have got a good deal for him.

Instead we seem to be ran by owners wanted to financially support Barcelona .

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No idea
No idea
No idea

When we first offered him a contract he did want to be here but we didn’t offer the right deal. I take it’s gospel that we wanted to make him 1st/2nd highest player because Spiers said so? Don’t believe that for a second.

Jawwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I really hope it's not a traore/trincao swap deal, Trincao although may eventually be a very good players I've not seen enough from him to justify 25 million.

Barca should pay full price for Adama, they've managed to spend a fortune on Torres etc whilst having financial difficulties.

On a second note apart from Johnny every player we have signed directly from La Liga has been absolutely awful.

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score
If it is trincao (in the hope we can flip to a Portuguese club) it can't be for a value of 25mil he simply isn't worth that, so there would need to be more players/cash as a makeweight, plus there is no way we should be offering the wages he's currently on, again simply not worth them.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Barcelona mess us about then we have to cut dealings with them..

Trincao we can forgive nobody knew the player he was. However if we don’t want to sign him or Puig we are then forced into players we don’t want again.

Players like Mingueza , Roberto, Lenglet would maybe improve us slightly. Puig is another unknown kid. If we fail to get money for Adama we then rely on selling someone like Raul or Neves. Mendes knows if Villa sign Coutinho they can afford to buy Adama. Unfortunately you can just see this dragging on
Lenglet is hopeless and Roberto is on like 300k a week and is a right back of dubious quality.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah good point, he is apparently negotiating with them still. He is a free agent in the summer though so not relevant to Adama deal.
So in other words they can’t really offer us much at all…. We’ve been stitched up good and proper and will drag on again

Reaction score
Another cracking deal done by Jeff and his yes men........ ridiculous! Traore to walk for nothing and the fabio deal together have cost this club an absolute fortune! A complete and utter **** show!!!!

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah looks like Barcelona are shying away from wanting to give us the fee for Adama around 29m at end of season. Plus Wolves don't really want Trincao as swap but is this Riqui Puig a better prospect for a swap deal?
No. He isn't very good.
He's done it less than the bazillion times he did at wolves. For a very simple reason. All he has to do is pass the ball into the box and there is invariably 3 or 4 of his red/blue mates ready for it. From what I've seen he plays pretty much the same poisiition as at wolves, with the same involvement. The difference is he's not the only outlet. He has one job, he does it, everyone's happy because the stats are a "bazillion" times improved.
I agree with most of what is written here, but he never had one job here. On the right of a three he did well. But no, we decide he has to play wingback, or on the left to improve his inside game because that's fashionable, or as a striker despite the fact he can't finish for toffee.

Barca haven't tried to make him into a project. Played him in his best position and got men in the box to support that.

Macman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I really hope it's not a traore/trincao swap deal, Trincao although may eventually be a very good players I've not seen enough from him to justify 25 million.

Barca should pay full price for Adama, they've managed to spend a fortune on Torres etc whilst having financial difficulties.

On a second note apart from Johnny every player we have signed directly from La Liga has been absolutely awful.
Fernando Gomez was decent in the season he spent with us. :)

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Not a Semedo fan?

AlexWolvesHD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With everyone raving about him if he can keep performing till the summer than other teams will be interested anyway and will force Barca's hand to pay it to not lose him, they gain a bit from Dembele getting off the wage budget so we should definitely be getting our money. Other than Puig I wouldn't really want anyone else who is likely to be available to leave. Even then I think there are better options than Puig available elsewhere if we just got straight cash for Troare.

If they made Demir permanent and then traded Puig and Demir for Traore then it would be a good deal

BCWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would rather take a loss on Traore than swap him for Trincao, Puig or both of them as a package.

Seems like Jeff has been played by Barca. Hope I am wrong.

Back
Top Bottom