Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Staying @ Wolves - Traore or Trincao or Barca / Sporting Swap Deals??

QB Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The Adama Trincao debate is pointless. The fact is he has 1 year left on his contract.
The other points are that Adama will want to stay at Barcelona and if he carries on they will want to sign him, he’s gone and we need to get used to it, there was a bit of a hangover against Norwich and Arsenal, but maybe the squad are adjusting and Trincao did well for us yesterday.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No shock there is there, straight at the keeper. For all his great play he will never score consistently. Great cross yesterday though for the equaliser.
For me it's a shock that he's getting in to those positions. Not something traditionally he was great at doing.

jonesy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don’t think he’s done anywhere near enough to justify us spending £25m on him.
agree but he shows glimpses of talent. I would hate to think we would do a Vithna on it again!!

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don’t think he’s done anywhere near enough to justify us spending £25m on him.

Neither do I.

But do I think he could be worth more than £25m if he settles and clicks?

Absolutely.

There are 4 scenarios if we choose not to sign Trincao.....

1) We pay Barca a £5.4m loan fee for Trincao. Barca can't pay for Adama, so he comes back and with a year left on his contract and we sell, getting about £15-20m for him.

Result: Net -1 players in our squad and around £10-15m to replace them.

2) We pay Barca a £5.4m loan fee for Trincao. Barca find the money to make Adama's move permanent.

Result: Net -1 players in our squad and just under £24m to replace them.

3) We pay Barca a £5.4m loan fee for Trincao. Barca can't pay for Adama, so he comes back for a season then leaves for free in 2023.

Result: Same amount of net players for one season, then -1 net players down and -5.4m from the summer budget.

4) We pay Barca a £5.4m loan fee for Trincao. Barca can't pay for Adama, so he comes back and signs a new long-term contract.

Result: Same amount of net players and -5.4m from the summer budget.

Scenarios 3 and 4 are highly unlikely. We probably won't see Adama in a Wolves shirt again.

Scenario 1 the most likely, as I just don't think Barca are in a position to pay a fee for Traore.

Scenario 2 could be an option if Barca raise some funds by selling some other players and a player like Guedes is available to us for £24m or less (which he could be with 1 year left on his deal).

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Neither do I.

Absolutely.

1) We pay Barca a £5.4m loan fee for Trincao. Barca can't pay for Adama, so he comes back and with a year left on his contract and we sell, getting about £15-20m for him.

2) We pay Barca a £5.4m loan fee for Trincao. Barca find the money to make Adama's move permanent.

3) We pay Barca a £5.4m loan fee for Trincao. Barca can't pay for Adama, so he comes back for a season then leaves for free in 2023.

Result: Same amount of net players for one season, then -1 net players down and -5.4m from the summer budget.

4) We pay Barca a £5.4m loan fee for Trincao. Barca can't pay for Adama, so he comes back and signs a new long-term contract.

Scenarios 3 and 4 are highly unlikely. We probably won't see Adama in a Wolves shirt again.

Scenario 1 the most likely, as I just don't think Barca are in a position to pay a fee for Traore.

Scenario 2 could be an option if Barca raise some funds by selling some other players and a player like Guedes is available to us for £24m or less (which he could be with 1 year left on his deal).
Another scenario could be that if he plays really well and Barca don’t want to stump up the cash then someone else might. There is certainly a player in Trincao I just have my doubts that we will see it in the premier league.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Another scenario could be that if he plays really well and Barca don’t want to stump up the cash then someone else might. There is certainly a player in Trincao I just have my doubts that we will see it in the premier league.

That's kind of scenario 1. The £29m agreed by Barca includes half a season of trying him for free, so if he does do well at Barca (but not well enough that there would be uproar if they didn't find a way to make it permanent), I think the most any other club pays is £20m.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Neither do I.

Absolutely.

Barca will be in a position to pay the fee next year their salary/spending cap goes back up massively and their revenues will as well. The debt has been changed to be serviced over a longer period so whilst still a problem not as much of one. However they'd have the whip hand, especially if Adama essentially refuses to go anywhere else so they could easily drive a hard bargain with us

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Barca will be in a position to pay the fee next year their salary/spending cap goes back up massively and their revenues will as well. The debt has been changed to be serviced over a longer period so whilst still a problem not as much of one. However they'd have the whip hand, especially if Adama essentially refuses to go anywhere else so they could easily drive a hard bargain with us

Without Mendes' involvement and without the Trincao deal, I'd agree, they could low-ball us in the summer.

But I have a feeling this is all agreed already and no money changes hands.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We’re doing a straight cash deal Trincao is available to buy at a lower fee

I've been told Trincão isn't a yes or a no at this point, few weeks ago i was told. Source is solid, gets very very little but close to a corporate partner of club. Traore is all but sewn up, has done his contract already and everything

I hope that is true. Hopefully Adama continues to do well and in reality Barca's only option is to pay the full agreed price.

I'd like to think if Trincao doesn't improve that we tell Barca "we aren't paying £25m for that!"

If we managed to get the full agreed fee for Adama while at the same time reducing the agreed fee for Trincao, I'd be surprised and impressed!!

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

I hope that is true. Hopefully Adama continues to do well and in reality Barca's only option is to pay the full agreed price.

I'd like to think if Trincao doesn't improve that we tell Barca "we aren't paying £25m for that!"

If we managed to get the full agreed fee for Adama while at the same time reducing the agreed fee for Trincao, I'd be surprised and impressed!!
If I had to guess if Trincao plays well, we will swap players and have the loan fee knocked off so basically net about £5M. Would also point to Vitinha as evidence we don't just sign every Mendes loan. Perhaps we should have signed him although I think he is very much being seen through gold tinted specs now, he's had a few brutes in amongst some great games.

Hooked before the hour against Sporting and was having a dismal game - not saying I wouldn't have him if he continues having a good year but just don't think he is changing life, especially given how similar he is to our current MFs

yateleywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Traore just got the assist for Barcelona's equaliser in the 90+5 minute
I watched second half.Atmosphere was excellent but they still couldn't sell out their stadium even against Barca.
I also think they have ditched their goal music we now use which is abit weird.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

I watched second half.Atmosphere was excellent but they still couldn't sell out their stadium even against Barca.
I also think they have ditched their goal music we now use which is abit weird.
Capacity at 75% in La Liga still I believe, at least was in December not heard it has been lifted

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've been told Trincão isn't a yes or a no at this point, few weeks ago i was told. Source is solid, gets very very little but close to a corporate partner of club. Traore is all but sewn up, has done his contract already and everything

A few weeks ago would be before the Traore deal was done though wouldn't it?

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

A few weeks ago would be before the Traore deal was done though wouldn't it?
Few days after it was done so I guess ~10 days ago? I was kicking off about it to my friend (not a football fan) so they did some digging for me. They normally won't check much for me and don't get anything about transfers but this

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Makes sense. Trincao has promise but hasn't delivered where it matters, yet he has been a half decent team player. Keeping the option open for if he improves is only fair though right now I'd not sign him for even half that amount. Surely we could unearth better - ie more suited to the league.

Irish_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Adama tonight had a very Wolves like performance. Hooked on the hour. He was poor.

Jay Jay de Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Barcelona get penalty through an Adama cross being handled. The penalty is converted to equalise against Napoli 1-1
Then Adama is substituted with 65 mins gone? Still playing on BT Sport ESPN atm

Last edited:

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
3 games 3 assists for traore

Trincao had a shot on target yet?

Last edited:

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Neither do I.

Absolutely.

So, let me get this right, we pay a 5.4m loan fee for Trincao, whilst Barca take Traore on loan for free…I find that hard to believe.
I reckon the Trincao fee will substantially reduced as part of the loan for Adama.

Wolf79

Groupie
Reaction score
So, let me get this right, we pay a 5.4m loan fee for Trincao, whilst Barca take Traore on loan for free…I find that hard to believe.
I reckon the Trincao fee will substantially reduced as part of the loan for Adama.
Hopefully he’ll be sent back to Barcelona

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Neither do I.

Absolutely.

We will sign Trincao and Barca will sign Traore. The fees are already agreed, and it’s clear these deals have been constructed to be closed together. Barca will raise the net 10m needed in the summer by selling other players, and the wages for Traore will come from those saved from Trincao.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We will sign Trincao and Barca will sign Traore. The fees are already agreed, and it’s clear these deals have been constructed to be closed together. Barca will raise the net 10m needed in the summer by selling other players, and the wages for Traore will come from those saved from Trincao.
Bruno may not have decided on Trincao yet.

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Adama tonight had a very Wolves like performance. Hooked on the hour. He was poor.

Although without Traore, for all Barca's huffing and puffing, they'd have lost 1-0. Perhaps that continues a "very Wolves like performance" analogy!

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think Traore just suits the way Barca play over how we play. It doesnt make him a bad player, but we cant change how we are set up to accommodate one player. Reminds me a bit of Veron in some ways at United ( although Adama is nowhere near his class ). Really good player, but just didnt fit United.

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I really do expect the Adama and Trincao deals to be more or less in the bag.

I have been critical of Trincao and he does lack a bit of bottle, but he is only 22 still. I think he "could" develop into an outstanding premier league player with another couple of seasons under Bruno - he clearly likes him.

Buying Trincao is a very Wolves/Fosun thing to do - pick up obvious talent where it appears to be undervalued.

Now you might say £25m is not undervalued, but I doubt they every planned to pay that unless he proved to be an absolute world beater - which he hasn't.

But if he was available for £15/18m then he fits into the same Jota/Neves category. I will lay odds we will sign him for under £20m in the summer, and to be honest considering he age, it may prove a good long term investment on a 4/5 year contract.

I thought Semedo was a terrible defender and an average wing back last season - but I am prepared to eat my words because he is really starting to look very much better. I think Trincao is going to be the same, it will take a year to so to get himself up to speed with the competitive nature of the premier league (and a new country).

Wolf79

Groupie
Reaction score
I really do expect the Adama and Trincao deals to be more or less in the bag.

I have been critical of Trincao and he does lack a bit of bottle, but he is only 22 still. I think he "could" develop into an outstanding premier league player with another couple of seasons under Bruno - he clearly likes him.

Buying Trincao is a very Wolves/Fosun thing to do - pick up obvious talent where it appears to be undervalued.

Now you might say £25m is not undervalued, but I doubt they every planned to pay that unless he proved to be an absolute world beater - which he hasn't.

But if he was available for £15/18m then he fits into the same Jota/Neves category. I will lay odds we will sign him for under £20m in the summer, and to be honest considering he age, it may prove a good long term investment on a 4/5 year contract.

I thought Semedo was a terrible defender and an average wing back last season - but I am prepared to eat my words because he is really starting to look very much better. I think Trincao is going to be the same, it will take a year to so to get himself up to speed with the competitive nature of the premier league (and a new country).
He’s one of the most one-footed players I’ve ever seen at Wolves. Send him back, he’ll never make it. Nowhere near the Jota/Neves/Neto class

MobNet Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I fear if we let Trincao go back it will be like Vitinha all over again. Now Porto’s best player.

Back
Top Bottom