Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Staying @ Wolves - Traore or Trincao or Barca / Sporting Swap Deals??

Keyser Soze

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With Neto and Hwangs return to fitness and look to be first choices from the bench if Bruno continues with 352, it’s hard to see where Trincao is going to get the minuets on the pitch to show he’s worth this big money move

Long time to go yet I suppose and anything can happen, but it feels more like Trincao’s opportunities to impress are becoming less and less

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 8455jwf

With Neto and Hwangs return to fitness and look to be first choices from the bench if Bruno continues with 352, it’s hard to see where Trincao is going to get the minuets on the pitch to show he’s worth this big money move

Long time to go yet I suppose and anything can happen, but it feels more like Trincao’s opportunities to impress and becoming less and less
People have been falling back on the fact he has played a lot as proof Bruno loves him but he was 4th choice today

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I see Traore was a sub today for Barca and came on in the 81st minute. I assume we want him to be playing and playing well if the deal is to go through?

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Long time to go yet I suppose and anything can happen, but it feels more like Trincao’s opportunities to impress and becoming less and less

I just came on to say the same. Huang, Neto and Podence are all ahead of him and he did nothing in the last few games to change that. I suspect his time at Wolves is numbered now. No goals, no assists, barely ever involved in our most dangerous moves - says it all. There's no way we're spending good money on a 4th choice with those stats and performances. At least, it'd be a hugely disappointing use of the Adama cash.

It's a shame as he has talent but it's the wrong league or too early maybe. Also, I honestly thought Vitanha showed more and wasn't given enough time on the pitch. Was very disappointed we didn't sign him TBH.

Jay Jay de Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In Adama Traore's *six* games at Barca this season they have scored 18 goals. In his 20 games for Wolves this season they have scored 20 goals. The two teams' contrasting attacking output is what should be talked about.

Last edited:

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It will be a swap deal won't it, I don't think there was ever a possibility of Barca paying £30m cash for him. The only hope now is that Trincao is clearly not worth close to the same fee, so fingers crossed we get a couple in exchange. Trincao and Puig most likely from the sound of it.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It will be a swap deal won't it, I don't think there was ever a possibility of Barca paying £30m cash for him. The only hope now is that Trincao is clearly not worth close to the same fee, so fingers crossed we get a couple in exchange. Trincao and Puig most likely from the sound of it.
Don’t want Trincao here next season he’s clearly not suited to English football.

Bacon Sandwich

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
So what are they going to do? Offer us Ricci Puig? Is that going to be Trincao all over again?
If it turns out that we've simply given Adama to Barca for half a season - having weakened ourselves in the process - and they simply give him back at the end of the season then I, like every other Wolves fan, will be bloody angry

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Traore for £25m, if they want to include Trincao as part of the deal it’s not a penny less than £30m!

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This was so predictable.

The only possible way we were getting £25m or whatever the figure is, was if Trincao did well and we effectively swapped them.

Clearly, we can't sign Trincao now, so we're stumped with Traore.

What do we do? He has a year left on his deal so he's worth what? About £15m?

If he says he only wants to go to Barcelona we may not even get that fee as he could sign a pre-contract from January 2023.

It really was the most idiotic deal I have ever seen. We've effectively give him away for these six months for no gain whatsoever, just weakened ourselves considerably. For nothing!!!!

We put too much trust into a club like Barcelona who are ****s. I mentioned at the time that this is a club that didn't pay West Brom £250,000 for Louie Barry (and still haven't) even though they sold him for up to £3m to Aston Villa just a matter of months later.

I will save the full anger until the summer but if this plays out with us selling Traore for a cut-price to Barcelona then it really HAS to be a sackable offence for whoever was behind it (I presume Jeff Shi). It would also need to be explained to the fans how they could actually be so stupid.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don’t want Trincao here next season he’s clearly not suited to English football.
I don't disagree, however, I think it's inevitable he will be in the Adama deal.

MasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The idiots on the board said they didn't put in an obligation because if he performed well and Barca didn't sign him, then we could sell him for more to a different club in the summer. I won't hold my breath on this.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
T
I don't disagree, however, I think it's inevitable he will be in the Adama deal.
The only way we should take him as part of the deal is if we can instantly swap him for someone else.

L78

Reaction score
Feels like they will palm us off with the **** they don't want and wolves will big them up as the next best thing

Aimless Balls

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The idiots on the board said they didn't put in an obligation because if he performed well and Barca didn't sign him, then we could sell him for more to a different club in the summer. I won't hold my breath on this.
If Adama keeps on producing the way he has been he could be worth more than €30m but it still never made a lick of sense, this gift of a loan to Barca. I’d rather have sold him for €20m and spent that money than agree to a handshake deal with desperate people.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Should the Adama deal fall in the 'small time Jeff' thread? Seems ludicrous if what is being reported is fact!

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Barca are big in for Haaland but don't have the money. Sure thing, they mean that they don't need to pay £25M for Adama. We have absolutely no leverage, it will cost us £4M to give back Trincao (which we should, he still isn't worth another £20M) so we'd be getting £21m for Adama. Barca can offer us 12, he can say that is the only team I am signing for and we have to sell him.

Essentially we'd be getting £8m for him. Even if those figures are off and they offer a few more it is absolutely rotten transfer policy for a team with very limited resources because of our serious commercial limitations

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
T

The only way we should take him as part of the deal is if we can instantly swap him for someone else.
Not beyond the realms of possibility that we could well do that, ala Afobe, back to Portugal.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We will get Traore back at the end of the season and in the last year of his contract. We won’t sign Trincao so Barca won’t need/want another wide man on their books.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wow… I’m… amazed… by… this…

Barca in not wanting to pay cash shocker. Should have slapped an obligation in place as we are going to get our pants pulled down here.
Who knows what to believe and who really knows what is going on behind the scenes. But the report as stated, if true, is a ****ing joke. Have Traore for 6 months, when we could have used him, and if you don't want him or can't afford him just send him back?! Unbelieveable if true. Throwing Trincao to this mix just adds to the confusion. I'm still trying to get my head around all this paying £35 mil for Silva to get some other deals done on the cheap? WTF is going on? I'm know I'm old and a bit old fashioned but what's wrong with getting a price for a player, buying or selling, and agree a deal? Why is all this so ****ing complicated?

Aimless Balls

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Barca are big in for Haaland but don't have the money. Sure thing, they mean that they don't need to pay £25M for Adama. We have absolutely no leverage, it will cost us £4M to give back Trincao (which we should, he still isn't worth another £20M) so we'd be getting £21m for Adama. Barca can offer us 12, he can say that is the only team I am signing for and we have to sell him.

Essentially we'd be getting £8m for him. Even if those figures are off and they offer a few more it is absolutely rotten transfer policy for a team with very limited resources because of our serious commercial limitations
I’d rather drag him back and have him run out his contract.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Who knows what to believe and who really knows what is going on behind the scenes. But the report as stated, if true, is a ****ing joke. Have Traore for 6 months, when we could have used him, and if you don't want him or can't afford him just send him back?! Unbelieveable if true. Throwing Trincao to this mix just adds to the confusion. I'm still trying to get my head around all this paying £35 mil for Silva to get some other deals done on the cheap? WTF is going on? I'm know I'm old and a bit old fashioned but what's wrong with getting a price for a player, buying or selling, and agree a deal? Why is all this so ****ing complicated?
It's crazy! Obviously if this is all just hearsay then that's fair enough but if we have effectively given Traore away for 6 months when we could have really done with him and then get him back, whoever signed off on it needs a public flogging.

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's crazy! Obviously if this is all just hearsay then that's fair enough but if we have effectively given Traore away for 6 months when we could have really done with him and then get him back, whoever signed off on it needs a public flogging.
Jeff shi.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We've essentially loaned him to Barca for next to nothing, weakening our own squad in the process with no guarantee we'll even end up with any money for him come the end of the season. Not to mention it further runs down his contract.

Shi and Sellars are clowns. You can see why we've been such a shambles in the transfer market and failed to improve the squad adequately the last few seasons.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We've essentially loaned him to Barca for next to nothing, weakening our own squad in the process with no guarantee we'll even end up with any money for him come the end of the season. Not to mention it further runs down his contract.

Shi and Sellars are clowns. You can see why we've been such a shambles in the transfer market and failed to improve the squad adequately the last few seasons.
I watched a bit of Spurs last night and saw Bentacur and Kuleshevski. Where did they both come from? I believe new to the team and both fitting in like they had been in the Prem for years. A bit like when WHU bought Coufal and Souchek. Arsenal with Partey. I don't know what these players cost but if we want to seriously play with the big boys then we need to find similar players. There are other other footballers than Portuguese?

blaenboy

Reaction score
Doherty has really improved under Conte IMO.

Don't want Trincao, rather have an empty bench, or play a youngster.
I think not, just under appreciated by Molineux Mix posters when he with us.

Jay Jay de Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Yeah looks like Barcelona are shying away from wanting to give us the fee for Adama around 29m at end of season. Plus Wolves don't really want Trincao as swap but is this Riqui Puig a better prospect for a swap deal?

Manic88

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Adama keeps on producing the way he has been he could be worth more than €30m but it still never made a lick of sense, this gift of a loan to Barca. I’d rather have sold him for €20m and spent that money than agree to a handshake deal with desperate people.

It’s shown what he can do when he wants to.

Shop window.

Manic88

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s shown what he can do in an attacking team that actually get players in the box.

Be interested if anyone has done an analysis of how many times Adama has toe punted a stupid shot out of play instead of passing to a teammate at Barca

If it’s far less than the bazillion times he did it at Wolves you may have a point

KBWWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Decision to let him go out on loan without an obligation is almost as baffling as the decision to commit to signing Hwang before seeing out the season.

Guzeppi

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I watched a bit of Spurs last night and saw Bentacur and Kuleshevski. Where did they both come from?

The difference between a good manager and a great manager. There's a gap there through which the the good recruits pass through. That's where they came from (the other answer is Juventus, but I like mine better. It's poetic).

Back
Top Bottom