Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Staying @ Wolves - Traore or Trincao or Barca / Sporting Swap Deals??

Netherton Wolf

Reaction score
Its not about what we fans want though is it, he wants out, so very soon we have to play without him, for all we know he may have expressed an interest not to play

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Neither. Traore doesn't want to stay and Trincao is not good enough.
I think the problem with Traore is that you can't coach what he's got, but he can't be coached what he needs either.
Great way of putting it, Andy.

Jay Jay de Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Its not about what we fans want though is it, he wants out, so very soon we have to play without him, for all we know he may have expressed an interest not to play
Pure speculation unless you have inside information from his agent or Mum??

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Traore 72.3%​

Trincao 27.7%

With a clear vote on here for Traore to stay instead of Trincao..
Fosun / Bruno have made it clear starting Trincao against Man Utd today who's preference is for staying @ WWFC​

72.3%
I'm trying to give Trincao the benefit of the doubt but in general he's been ineffective at best and woeful at worst.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Good first half, but faded again. Pulled my hair out with that step over to Semedo. Lacking confidence, i am also deeply concerned about his lack of fitness. He wilts after an hour constantly. Promising though

Jay Jay de Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Traore made the difference between a win or draw at United today..
Trincao had a golden chance to shoot and score to win the game and what did he do. Stepped over the ball with a lack of confidence!

Last edited:

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If traore didn’t come on today, we don’t win that match

Trincao is so weak it’s unbelievable and all he had to do was pass it into bottom corner and he stepped over it. He’s a neat player in possession but doesn’t impact the opposition defences at all

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
They were both good tonight in their own, very different ways.

Trincao offers vision, creativity and intelligent movement whilst Adama gives you that unique explosiveness which went a long way to creating the winner.

As I said right at the start of the thread, I’d love to keep both. The one I’m less sure about is Hwang but at £12m, he provides useful depth across the front three.

Wolf in Kenilworth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Trincao was ok first half I thought.

He’s going to score a left footer curler into the top corner very soon IMO. Peach of a left foot he’s got.

Wolf79

Groupie
Reaction score

Trincao offers vision, creativity and intelligent movement whilst Adama gives you that unique explosiveness which went a long way to creating the winner.

As I said right at the start of the thread, I’d love to keep both. The one I’m less sure about is Hwang but at £12m, he provides useful depth across the front three.
Sorry but couldn’t disagree more about Trincao. He offers nothing & will never make it in the Premier League. He’s light weight, very one footed & no pace. He doesn’t impose himself on games & often you forget he’s on the pitch. A waste of money if we are foolish enough to sign him

astraltrader

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sorry but couldn’t disagree more about Trincao. He offers nothing & will never make it in the Premier League. He’s light weight, very one footed & no pace. He doesn’t impose himself on games & often you forget he’s on the pitch. A waste of money if we are foolish enough to sign him

Totally agree mate. Seriously overrated IMHO.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think Trincao was solid without being great against United. He is clearly a smart player and has plenty of ability. He will be a top player somewhere, if its here though he needs to get to grips with the physicality of the British game. I find it funny how people are writing him off when lets face it, the other bloke in this thread wasnt exactly setting the world on fire in his first season either. If Bruno thinks he can develop him then i think we have to sign him. Lets not forget, he has only just turned 22 and its his first season in this league in a side that is pretty defensive at times.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Trincao is generally a lot more tidy in possession.

There was a couple of minutes after Traore came on last night where Man United really started to get a foot hold and I wondered if it was the right decision. As it turned out, it helped us to win the game!

The fact that they are different options with different strengths means it gives us more strings to our bow to keep both of them.

But I think with Adama's contract situation etc, he will leave, but longer-term I think Trincao's ceiling is higher anyway!

Last edited:

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I like Trincao, think he'll be a very good player. He is a bit lightweight at the minute, but I'm sure that will come. Definitely think it's too early to write him off though. Having said that, he had to shoot yesterday when Podence laid it back for him. The fact he left it for Semedo to have a crack on his weaker foot - lack of confidence maybe? Maybe when he gets to play with his mate Neto it'll give him a bit more swagger.

Wolves Heathen

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Iv said before Neto and Trincao are oposites personality wise, Pedro is the extrovert whereas Francisco is an introvert Trincao has as sweet a left foot as you could wish to see, but when he stepped over that pass from Podence it showed he is badly lacking confidence at the moment, hopefully Bruno can work on that, he also needs to bulk up and learn to not get brushed off the ball by oponents, when he does that he will be the kind of player that we all hoped he would be, Traore is what he is personally I think he has reached his ceiling because he simply doesnt have a football brain, if he had that Iv no doubt he would be a £60+ million player, if we had to choose between the two long term I think Trincao is the better option.

fleck1

Reaction score
We've seen far more experienced and bigger names than Trincao come to the Premier league and take a season to adapt. He's young and learning on the job, for me he looks like the kind of wide forward Bruno wants in his side. Coming inside and linking play with the front man, rather than trying to hit the byline and get the ball in. We always seem quick to write off and pile negativity on our own players.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We've seen far more experienced and bigger names than Trincao come to the Premier league and take a season to adapt. He's young and learning on the job, for me he looks like the kind of wide forward Bruno wants in his side. Coming inside and linking play with the front man, rather than trying to hit the byline and get the ball in. We always seem quick to write off and pile negativity on our own players.
He’s not our player.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

For me, in a game where our midfield offered total domination, our front 3 didn't create enough clear cut chances. Our best efforts came from distance, saiss, neves and the goal from Moutinho.

Jamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Iv said before Neto and Trincao are oposites personality wise, Pedro is the extrovert whereas Francisco is an introvert Trincao has as sweet a left foot as you could wish to see, but when he stepped over that pass from Podence it showed he is badly lacking confidence at the moment, hopefully Bruno can work on that, he also needs to bulk up and learn to not get brushed off the ball by oponents, when he does that he will be the kind of player that we all hoped he would be, Traore is what he is personally I think he has reached his ceiling because he simply doesnt have a football brain, if he had that Iv no doubt he would be a £60+ million player, if we had to choose between the two long term I think Trincao is the better option.
A very good point about stepping over that pass. As an attacker he had no right to leave it to Semedo. It wasn't like it was an easier chance.

Having said that Traore is going, Neto has a question mark, and Trincao is going to make it big somewhere. I'd sign him and pass on Hwang.

Ian C

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We’re recalling our own players from Championship teams who are older than Trincao, I think that’s what folks are overlooking. New to the league, the style of football and the country, he’s only 22….?

As for all the pathetic ‘nicknames’, I sincerely hope it comes back to bite all of those guilty and make them look like the ****s that they are.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

We’re recalling our own players from Championship teams who are older than Trincao, I think that’s what folks are overlooking. New to the league, the style of football and the country, he’s only 22….?

As for all the pathetic ‘nicknames’, I sincerely hope it comes back to bite all of those guilty and make them look like the ****s that they are.
I mean Sanderson is like 2 weeks older and the others are younger.

Seeing absolutely nothing from him that will likely make him a top player. Reckon he'll be back in Portugal next year, perhaps a lower La Liga side.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

A very good point about stepping over that pass. As an attacker he had no right to leave it to Semedo. It wasn't like it was an easier chance.

Having said that Traore is going, Neto has a question mark, and Trincao is going to make it big somewhere. I'd sign him and pass on Hwang.
Hwang is our top scorer in the league, Trincão next contribution will be his first.

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For me, in a game where our midfield offered total domination, our front 3 didn't create enough clear cut chances. Our best efforts came from distance, saiss, neves and the goal from Moutinho.

Podence and Traore create chances, Trincao and Huang (start apart) offer very little. Raul is doing ok outside the box but inside isn't right yet.

My issue with trincao is the price given what he's lacking. He may be able to adapt as he has undoubted skill but we have to see signs of an end product. Forget stats, traore makes stuff happen, podence the same on his good days. Trincao doesn't yet, even tho he had plenty of the ball against utd. The stepped over non shot said it all. He also can't play for more than 45 minutes.

I'd keep him for the rest of the season and hope we can coach more out of him. Looks like he should have a good shot on him but needs the confidence to get in the box more and have a go.

theweave

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Trincao brings the best out of Semedo, drifts inside giving him lots of space. Needs to do more when he's on the ball but at 22 still lots of time to improve. I'd keep them both at least until the end of the season, they offer something different.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I disagree. I think it's a reasonable thing to do, and podence's decision making isn't good enough to give him the right to be *******ing him for that.

RMNottm

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ask yourself a simple question: what name do Liverpool want to see on the Wolves teamsheet on Saturday? Trincao, all day, every day.

I don't know about a trip to Specsavers @we love jez moxey - anyone who thinks selling Adama to buy Trincao is a good move needs to visit a psychiatric unit.
Which one will be improved in two seasons the most?

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I dunno. I think he is less talented than Neto Podence and Traore. Fabio Silva looks more ready to score goals than this fella, whom we don't really have the time to develop. Could make it somewhere. Probably not here; probably not at Barcelona.

To be fair though, four games ago, a lot of people were saying Silva wasnt good enough, not worth 35m and should be loaned out to the championship.

Back
Top Bottom