Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Stadium Plans

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So the 3 year planning/ building for the temp stand between the Steve Bull and South Bank corner is up this coming May. Its obvs not happening...can only guess its been shelved because of the potential revamp and increase in capacity of the Steve Bull lower tier.
Obviously. That is the only possible reason.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Villa going for 52.5k.

Damn, that’s impressive and annoying. Their proposals, both in replacing the North Stand, and in a multi purpose enclosed space outside, are exactly what we should be doing around the Steve Bull and South Bank. Of course they will need to remain in the PL for this to make sense, and it’s not the first such plan, but if built it will creating a bigger gap between Villa Park and Molineux. Mind you, when you compare the redevelopment of Birmingham to Wolverhampton, you see the same yawning gap in ambition and progress.

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Damn, that’s impressive and annoying. Their proposals, both in replacing the North Stand, and in a multi purpose enclosed space outside, are exactly what we should be doing around the Steve Bull and South Bank. Of course they will need to remain in the PL for this to make sense, and it’s not the first such plan, but if built it will creating a bigger gap between Villa Park and Molineux. Mind you, when you compare the redevelopment of Birmingham to Wolverhampton, you see the same yawning gap in ambition and progress.
We really need to invest in the stadium. Walking past on my way to the South Bank, the Steve Bull is looking an absolute embarrassment now.
Inside the South Bank the concourses are so cramped, getting to the toilet or god forbid a drink is a farce. Not good enough for Premier League football in 2022

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was thinking this myself. Buy a modular stadium from Qatar, they could probably keep the outdoor A/C system though.

The fact it's modular means it can be built in stages at Molineux as the old ground is demolished.
Does rather assume that they meet UK building regulations - l bet that they don't!

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Does rather assume that they meet UK building regulations - l bet that they don't!
I've since had a look at the modular stadiums. There's only a couple, ones made out of shipping containers. Don't fancy 'em. I'm liking modular though. Expension is cheap, when corporate facilities are old and tired, just remove them and slot something modern in.

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We really need to invest in the stadium. Walking past on my way to the South Bank, the Steve Bull is looking an absolute embarrassment now.
Inside the South Bank the concourses are so cramped, getting to the toilet or god forbid a drink is a farce. Not good enough for Premier League football in 2022
South bank concourses are like a cathedral in comparison to the Steve Bull!!! Don't bother going for a HT wee, just sit in my seat and **** myself. Don't get a pint or pie, just fill your pockets with chips and curry sauce :)

De Wolfs Mullet

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
South bank concourses are like a cathedral in comparison to the Steve Bull!!! Don't bother going for a HT wee, just sit in my seat and **** myself. Don't get a pint or pie, just fill your pockets with chips and curry sauce :)
Is the curry sauce that's in your pocket what runs out of your **** when you can't make it to the bog?

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is the curry sauce that's in your pocket what runs out of your **** when you can't make it to the bog?
Sorry if you're sat by me.
Seriously, god knows how much they lose from people not bothering to get anything to eat or drink. You have to neck your pint in 1 to see any of the second half.

Mr Sizzle

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

De Wolfs Mullet

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Sorry if you're sat by me.
Seriously, god knows how much they lose from people not bothering to get anything to eat or drink. You have to neck your pint in 1 to see any of the second half.
Completely agree. Can't be bothered with the queues, or the prices for pretty shoddy food and drink.

Highlandwolf2

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m just hoping that after this window closes we have a similar change of heart over the stadium and see greater ambition on expansion and development.
Serious question - income from ticket sales is circa 20% (roughly) in the PL for most clubs. Assuming this is about right, why the desperation to increase the ground capacity?

Mr Sizzle

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Serious question - income from ticket sales is circa 20% (roughly) in the PL for most clubs. Assuming this is about right, why the desperation to increase the ground capacity?
For me it’s as much about improving the inadequate facilities we have in many parts of the ground as it’s increasing capacity to allow more fans to come in and potentially keeping prices down .. wishful thinking perhaps on the last part.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

For Wolves it’s because we’re locking out thousands of fans who would like to watch us, me included.

For football clubs in general it’s because a good redevelopment can make smart investment sense. Spurs spent a fortune on their stadium but their increased revenue still generates a healthy return on the expansion. The second benefit is that the higher revenue counts within the FFP calculation while tv rights does not. So growing adding 50m+ to the qualifying revenue allows a club to spend that much extra on players.

WKFWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
have to say VP is one of the only things ive ever really slightly envied as opposed to our ground, its well designed, close to the pitch, big imposing stands - ala Dortmund etc

whilst SJH rebuilt ours with a unique look that ive always liked, the gap between the pitch and not quite curved properly stands has always annoyed me, with restrictions on how we could expand with ease

not enough clubs future proof developments, i hope when/if we take the decision we really take into account the best use of the space available

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Aren’t home games making it to general sale nowadays? Sure Fulham did.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Aren’t home games making it to general sale nowadays? Sure Fulham did.
Yeah they are.
The match by match prices are too high.
You get decent value if your a season ticket holder but members or casual fans get stung too much.
BW is £55 for city.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

For me it’s as much about improving the inadequate facilities we have in many parts of the ground as it’s increasing capacity to allow more fans to come in and potentially keeping prices down .. wishful thinking perhaps on the last part.
If we take interest payments to extend the stadium prices will likely go up in the short term to cover it

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Interesting to note that both Newcastle and Southampton have made it to general sale. Think we can expect to see more of that with how high the ticket prices now are after years of increases.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Interesting to note that both Newcastle and Southampton have made it to general sale. Think we can expect to see more of that with how high the ticket prices now are after years of increases.
Think it's as much about the economic situation tbf, will be bad for years unfortunately as we will have to wait for competence.

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah they are.
The match by match prices are too high.
You get decent value if your a season ticket holder but members or casual fans get stung too much.
BW is £55 for city.

I appreciate prices are too high, but that’s not the argument. People are saying they can’t get tickets when in reality it’s pretty easy to get to home games.

Whether people have the finances to do so, even with reasonably priced cup games, is another matter

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Still tickets left for tomorrow. Is the demand waning?

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I appreciate prices are too high, but that’s not the argument. People are saying they can’t get tickets when in reality it’s pretty easy to get to home games.

Whether people have the finances to do so, even with reasonably priced cup games, is another matter

Let’s remember that we are in peak family vacation time. Lots of STHs will be offering up their seats, especially with the enhanced terms, and lots of potential day fans are enjoying their holidays. This is especially acute in the hospitality sector given lots of businesses are in summer holidays mode, and so lots of hospitality tickets will be unsold. Add to that a slow start to our season and higher prices, and it’s not surprising there are a few tickets still available.

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Let’s remember that we are in peak family vacation time. Lots of STHs will be offering up their seats, especially with the enhanced terms, and lots of potential day fans are enjoying their holidays. This is especially acute in the hospitality sector given lots of businesses are in summer holidays mode, and so lots of hospitality tickets will be unsold. Add to that a slow start to our season and higher prices, and it’s not surprising there are a few tickets still available.

Fair points, but more fool them for daring to book a holiday during the football season!

My Mrs wouldn’t dare.

Form shouldn’t be a factor. I’d go regardless. The fact that we’ve had a less than great start should be an opportunity for people to start racking up some loyalty points.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think it shows that if tickets are going on general sale, the 20,000 ST waiting list is a bit of a myth in the sense that many of those can’t be too desperate to get tickets.

35000 capacity is ample for us whilst we have such high pricing.

No it doesn’t. Reans you’ve been against expanding the stadium much for as long as there have been stadium threads on MolMix, and there’s been a fair few now. I warned that if we don’t expand, the inevitable result will be high prices and that will drive away fans. Well guess what, it’s happening now. Is that a good thing? Something to be celebrated? Sure if you’re STH, especially one of the concession STHs, but for young fans, and those who can’t make most games, not so much.

Back
Top Bottom