Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

SSN- EFL Executive to meet with management of Wolves over regulations dealing with third-party owner

Bossworld

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Felt it deserved to be separate to Leeds' hissyfit over FFP.

"EFL Executive to meet with management of Wolves over regulations dealing with third-party ownership" is currently the lead ticker on Sky Sports News.

No link to a further story, it was the breaking item off the back of today's EFL meeting.

Thoughts?

D

Deleted member 4456

A complete waste of time. We've been completely open about our arrangement with Mendes. I'm not sure what's left to discuss.

Bossworld

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Trying to think back to the Mascherano / Tevez situation, wasn't the issue that it was unclear who owned the players' registrations?

Presumably we wouldn't be so daft as to fall into that, and assuming others are here on loan, as you say, nothing left to discuss.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What a complete and utter joke this all is. Sick of all this crap against us. Thought this was all sorted earlier in the season. EFL can **** off! How about they look at other sacks of ****e clubs in our league?

Norris

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If it’s about Mendes then maybe it’ll go something like this...
EFL.. Is Jorge Mendes involved in the running of your club as regards player transfers?
Jeff.. No.
EFL.. ok.

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I assume nothing has changed in the 'ownership' of wolves or the relationship with Mendes since the FA (and I presume the EFL) gave approval for Fosun to buy wolves.

I find it hard to see (if nothing has changed) how they can retrospectively change the rules.

Controversial Wolves takeover cleared by FA despite links to Jorge Mendes

Taken from the above article (December 2016)

"But the FA, when examining the takeover, looked into the matter and found there to be no issue. The formal ties between Fosun and Gestifute were considered to be so minor that they were not enough to represent a ‘conflict of interest’ under FA rules".

We have to be careful with the expenditure but you would expect Jeff and co to be all over that.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We could get fined at worst the fact is we use many agents.. secondly we have about 6 Mendes clients at the most? Most are on loan.

Costa
Cav
Miranda
Jota

Are the only ones I can think are signed to him. Why wasn’t they moaning last season when we signed Costa and Cav? Let’s face it Watford clearly broke more rules than we did using loans off a parent club

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If it’s about Mendes then maybe it’ll go something like this...
EFL.. Is Geoerge Mendes involved in the running of your club as regards player transfers?
Jeff.. No.
EFL.. ok.

Exactly? A complete and utter farce. This was dealt with earlier in the season was it not but now those load of ****s at other clubs mouthing off. A disgrace.

306NOTOUT

EFL statement on Wolves:

The EFL Executive will meet with the management of the club to reiterate the requirements of our regulations and those of the FA. It should be noted that the club was explicitly informed in July 2016 of all the requirements it was expected to meet. The club has confirmed that the undertakings given at the time remain in place and are being complied with

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We could get fined at worst the fact is we use many agents.. secondly we have about 6 Mendes clients at the most? Most are on loan.

Costa
Cav
Miranda
Jota

Are the only ones I can think are signed to him. Why wasn’t they moaning last season when we signed Costa and Cav? Let’s face it Watford clearly broke more rules than we did using loans off a parent club

Fined for what though?

D

Deleted member 5962

As I said in the other thread, this seems to amount to them having no evidence against us, so they are hoping if they probe, we will drop ourselves in the ****. Really appears to be sad tbh.

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Having re-read that Independent article i did have to smile at one of the comments;

"the FA don t seem to care who buys our football clubs as long as they ve got the cash.this deal was so obviously bent it is ridiculous."

:)

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sounds like the EFL have to show they are going through due process after complaints from other clubs.

**** em! I presume there will be public apologies by the said clubs when this is sorted?

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Having re-read that Independent article i did have to smile at one of the comments;

"the FA don t seem to care who buys our football clubs as long as they ve got the cash.this deal was so obviously bent it is ridiculous."

:)

Hope Fosun see these comments and take some of these clowns to the cleaners.

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Unless new evidence has been discovered I don't see what could have changed. I had my doubts about the arrangement when I first heard about it but the EFL and FA cleared the club and nothing was found to be wrong. I don't see what has changed.

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If, and I know it is a big if, we are found to have breached regulations what is the punishment likely to be?

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Unless new evidence has been discovered I don't see what could have changed. I had my doubts about the arrangement when I first heard about it but the EFL and FA cleared the club and nothing was found to be wrong. I don't see what has changed.

What has changed is we are top of the league and have a load of jealous babies crying over our situation. These tits werent complaining last season unless I have missed something,

D

Deleted member 5276

And there was me thinking football was a competitive business.... except for when it's too competitive or when some folks think you are getting above your station.

I don't see people moaning when clubs spend 50 million and above on one player so what exactly is all this nonsense? Why is it that only Championship clubs and below have to worry about FFP? It's all nonsense.

Why is it that Barcelona, Madrid, MUFC,PSG, Man City etc can pay stupid amounts of money for Coutinho, Ronaldo, Pogba, Neymar, Mbappe, De Bruyne etc but we aren't allowed to spend a fraction of that without being questioned?

It's all about control and who has it. It's about maintaining the status quo that sees the likes of the top European sides being given a safety net when they fail in the Champions League. It's what the game is today and other clubs bleating about what Wolves have done is simply jealousy that we have found a different approach.

Nothing we have done is against any of the rules. Tell them to disappear Jeff.

Derbywolf85

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So the complaint is about Third Party Ownership. Not FFP.

It's the Tevez/Mascherano situation.

Surely the club, with British people at the top along with our owners are aware that this was made illegal in the UK after the Tevez/Mascherano saga and therefore there is nothing to worry about?

Axle

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Almost feels like there is an agenda against us getting promoted and doing well.
Really? It doesn't feel like that to me at all (jk)

In reality, this is the best thing that can happen and the EFL can put it all to bed and we can be vindicated. I'm sure our owners will put their point of view across at the meeting too . . .

Burton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Almost feels like there is an agenda against us getting promoted and doing well.

Ever since I was a kid there has always been an agenda against us. I've never really understood myself because at the end of the day we have been totally awful more times than we have been great since our heady days of the 50's. If anyone can explain the reasoning behind it I would love to know. The only thing I can think of is that we have the most famous nickname in world football coupled now with the most iconic badge and just for the record it's a badge that I hope we never change. I guess the colour of our kit might annoy people as well?

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
EFL statement on Wolves:

The EFL Executive will meet with the management of the club to reiterate the requirements of our regulations and those of the FA. It should be noted that the club was explicitly informed in July 2016 of all the requirements it was expected to meet. The club has confirmed that the undertakings given at the time remain in place and are being complied with
So if they have no evidence that we are not complying and the club say we are what is the purpose of all of this other than to get the best china cups out?

D

Deleted member 5962

So the complaint is about Third Party Ownership. Not FFP.

It's the Tevez/Mascherano situation.

Surely the club, with British people at the top along with our owners are aware that this was made illegal in the UK after the Tevez/Mascherano saga and therefore there is nothing to worry about?

Think clubs are trying to argue that since Fosun own a share of Gestifute, it means Gestifute have a stake in the club and thereby our players. Seems the only tenuous bull**** I could imagine they could cook up.

Wulve5

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
They won’t rest until they nail us for something.

D

Deleted member 5962

So if they have no evidence that we are not complying and the club say we are what is the purpose of all of this other than to get the best china cups out?

Exactly. This all makes no sense.

Derbywolf85

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think clubs are trying to argue that since Fosun own a share of Gestifute, it means Gestifute have a stake in the club and thereby our players. Seems the only tenuous ******** I could imagine they could cook up.

Yes. Same here. If so, seeing as they ratified the situation in 2016 and have been over it again since, they probably can't chuck the book at us, because doing so would be admitting a failure of their own.

I am now more than hopeful that nothing will come of any of this.

D

Deleted member 5962

Yes. Same here. If so, seeing as they ratified the situation in 2016 and have been over it again since, they probably can't chuck the book at us, because doing so would be admitting a failure of their own.

I am now more than hopeful that nothing will come of any of this.

Exactly, The EFL statement even states that we have been complying with the rules in their eyes, so I dont get why they feel they need to talk to us about it again?

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Trying to think back to the Mascherano / Tevez situation, wasn't the issue that it was unclear who owned the players' registrations?

Presumably we wouldn't be so daft as to fall into that, and assuming others are here on loan, as you say, nothing left to discuss.
That's EXACTLY what has been coming to mind ever since the news first broke. Got an awful feeling that we are going to be hammered with a huge points deduction - even if it was an innocent mistake over where the grey area becomes black.

Back
Top Bottom