Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

SSN- EFL Executive to meet with management of Wolves over regulations dealing with third-party owner

yateleywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think clubs are trying to argue that since Fosun own a share of Gestifute, it means Gestifute have a stake in the club and thereby our players. Seems the only tenuous ******** I could imagine they could cook up.
I wonder if FOSUN would have to relinquish this contact to Gestifute in the end.

Jack Russell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I assume nothing has changed in the 'ownership' of wolves or the relationship with Mendes since the FA (and I presume the EFL) gave approval for Fosun to buy wolves.

I find it hard to see (if nothing has changed) how they can retrospectively change the rules.

Controversial Wolves takeover cleared by FA despite links to Jorge Mendes

Taken from the above article (December 2016)

"But the FA, when examining the takeover, looked into the matter and found there to be no issue. The formal ties between Fosun and Gestifute were considered to be so minor that they were not enough to represent a ‘conflict of interest’ under FA rules".

We have to be careful with the expenditure but you would expect Jeff and co to be all over that.

If the FA and/or the EFL see fit to take any action at this stage it must surely demonstrate failings on their behalf which would be a big advert for their blithering incompetence!

Storm in a teacup!

M

Mr Wolf

It’s over lads, we’re ****ed they’ve got us. Forget about the league now we’ll be deducted 15 points. Well played Leeds,Villa & Derby you’ve deserved this.

Mendes clearly owns Neves & Jota not Wolves & At Madrid.

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I assume nothing has changed in the 'ownership' of wolves or the relationship with Mendes since the FA (and I presume the EFL) gave approval for Fosun to buy wolves.

I find it hard to see (if nothing has changed) how they can retrospectively change the rules.

Controversial Wolves takeover cleared by FA despite links to Jorge Mendes

Taken from the above article (December 2016)

"But the FA, when examining the takeover, looked into the matter and found there to be no issue. The formal ties between Fosun and Gestifute were considered to be so minor that they were not enough to represent a ‘conflict of interest’ under FA rules".

We have to be careful with the expenditure but you would expect Jeff and co to be all over that.
Until Neves and Jota arrived. Two players who have no business playing in the Championship for relative peanuts.

Stafford

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Classic business tactics to try and get a free lunch buffet.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That's EXACTLY what has been coming to mind ever since the news first broke. Got an awful feeling that we are going to be hammered with a huge points deduction - even if it was an innocent mistake over where the grey area becomes black.

No chance!

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Club could do with making a short statement.

I am not sure anything will be gained by issuing a statement. I am sure the clubs lawyers will be working on proving our innocence, and then is the time for the club to speak out.

My only worry is that there is rarely smoke without fire.

Tony

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Please explain 3rd party ownership in simple terms and does this mean we are ****ed?

D

Deleted member 5910

As I said in the other thread, this seems to amount to them having no evidence against us, so they are hoping if they probe, we will drop ourselves in the ****. Really appears to be sad tbh.

The whole debacle reminds me of the Trump-Russia witch hunt. Blanket assertions with no evidence. Jealous people are flinging **** at the wall and desperately praying something sticks.

D

Deleted member 3573J

We are talking about Jorge Mendes here, not Willie McKay, you don't become the most respected agent in world football by being incompetent. He's been involved in many deals in recent years involving Premier League clubs so he knows the rules, also he's not going to risk his reputation, a ban from football and his future earnings by doing some dodgy deals in the English 2nd division that make him relative peanuts compared with what he earns elsewhere.

D

Deleted member 5962

Please explain 3rd party ownership in simple terms and does this mean we are ****ed?

In the simplest terms, it means that another entity owns a share in the contracts of our players.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There is no issue here. Laurie and his team said this at the start of the season it’s just other clubs jealousy. We use more agents than just Mendes. In fact take our whole squad of players registered to Wolves how many are signed to Mendes who aren’t on loan? 5? The loans can’t be taken into account because of how Watford did there business with a sister club in Italy. This is all starting to get a bit tedious. I think it’s just a formality the EFL want to check out because of the moaning of other clubs. Hang on can someone ask why we signed two free agents off Norwich and some defender who was playing in Turkey never to get a Scotland app

henri_camara

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
No we arent' ****ed at all. Third party ownership is when someone owns a player and leases them out for x years of the contract in return for a fee

Stafford

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The whole debacle reminds me of the Trump-Russia witch hunt. Blanket assertions with no evidence. Jealous people are flinging **** at the wall and desperately praying something sticks.

Yeh except without evidence

Bossworld

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know it's not a reliable source but the Wikipedia article on third party ownership references Mendes, GestiFute and that the practice was outlawed in 2015. So if nothing else, the two parties we should be most concerned about, are fully aware of what used to happen, and therefore this should all be a storm in a teacup.

Third-party ownership in association football - Wikipedia

Axle

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As I read it, the EFL is simply going to meet the club, reiterate the rules, and ask if anything has changed. So long as we haven’t done anything stupid- which I find unlikely- there is nothing to be seen here citizens.
I was going to say the same. There's not even an investigation, it's just a meeting in the board room.

Everyone will drink tea (English/Chinese) and the only cups that get broken will be the Championship trophy that we'll get against Bloose!!!

Ginger Chimp

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
EFL statement on Wolves:

The EFL Executive will meet with the management of the club to reiterate the requirements of our regulations and those of the FA. It should be noted that the club was explicitly informed in July 2016 of all the requirements it was expected to meet. The club has confirmed that the undertakings given at the time remain in place and are being complied with
And here ends the “story”.

[\CloseThread]

wolfjoy_uk

Groupie
Reaction score
I don't post very often so sometimes feel I shouldn't

The way I view it is - this is one of the biggest corporations in the World with access to a whole department of lawyers. I'm hoping they will have dotted every i and crossed every t when looking at buying into Gestifute and into English football. They wouldn't spend £60 million to lose it all on something so naive. Especially when the Tevez deal being so well known. Hope I'm right

justanotherwolf

Reaction score
It should be noted that the club was explicitly informed in July 2016 of all the requirements it was expected to meet. The club has confirmed that the undertakings given at the time remain in place and are being complied with

That's the important bit - this was looked at by the EFL in 2016 and was cleared. Nothing to see here.

The EFL saying they will meet with us is equivalent to when the FA say they will "remind club/player x of their responsibilities". In other words there's no case to answer but they have to say something to appease the whiners.

Stafford

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We are talking about Jorge Mendes here, not Willie McKay, you don't become the most respected agent in world football by being incompetent. He's been involved in many deals in recent years involving Premier League clubs so he knows the rules, also he's not going to risk his reputation, a ban from football and his future earnings by doing some dodgy deals in the English 2nd division that make him relative peanuts compared with what he earns elsewhere.

Sometimes the most powerful abuse legislation the most. However if Mendes has done something dodgy it's going to be much bigger than us and involve much bigger teams.

D

Deleted member 5962

and it's illegal according to FIFA

Well, yea, I was giving the simplest definition of third party ownership, which (obviously) is illegal.. Are you implying I'm suggesting its legal?

Tony

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well, yea, I was giving the simplest definition of third party ownership, which, of course, is illegal.. Are you implying I'm suggesting its legal?
don't be daft.

WV10Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
When we win this division, and they present us with the trophy, the team and back room staff should refuse the trophy and walk off the pitch.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How much input can Mendes have? Surely he pushes players on us, and we accept or refuse right? Nuno knew Jota, Boly and Neves from Porto, he wanted them here, so no problem right?

Nuno probably said to Mendes "I need a LWB", Jorge says "here's some video of Vinagre", Nuno ain't gonna say no is he?

Reaction score
Until Neves and Jota arrived. Two players who have no business playing in the Championship for relative peanuts.

If that becomes the case it’s a slippery slope. Who determines which players are too good for the league? Do transfers start becoming vetoed because they’re too good? Do Championship sides have to sell players once they develop to being too good? Sessegnon from Fulham shouldn’t be allowed to continue he’s clearly too talented...

Saltyjim

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can't see what would have changed since this was announced following the takeover.
But should give us plenty of incentive to stuff the Villa on Saturday.

HKWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
All that’s happening is 3 poxy club’s who don’t have a pot to **** in are screaming foul play because they don’t like the fact that we have out thought them.

We have more money than them, more connections than them, better management than them, better players than them and most importantly a much brighter future than them.

I have absolutely no worries about us being punished, as there is absolutely no evidence that Jorge Mendes works for Wolverhampton Wanderers. He is not on the payroll and he merely sends players to our club just like he does to any other club. We are run by people who are far too clever to fall foul of basic rules.

The EFL should be looking at these 3 unprofessional clubs rather than us, as they are the ones most likely to try and break any rules. They are desperate and they are showing it. They are writing baseless crap on twitter as they have no class, dignity or integrity. They should be fined for their conduct, just like a manager would be if they had an outburst with regard to a referee. Disrepute is disrepute and these low life clubs are bringing the game into disrepute.

I expect this sort of crap next season too, so I’m just going to ignore it from now on as it’s just bitterness and jealousy showing it’s ugly head.

With regards to these 3 pathetic excuses for football clubs, I hope they tumble down the leagues and go out of existence. They remind me of a group of girls of which they are the ugly ones bitching about the pretty one behind her back.

I have never seen us or any of our staff act with such a lack of class, humility or respect towards other clubs before. If we ever were to, I would be ashamed of us as you must always take defeat in the same way you would take a victory. Looking for, and making excuses is pathetic and shameful.

Top professionals just don’t act like the Villa CEO and Leeds owners have. You don’t go bleating to the media. You go through the proper channels etc and not through Twitter. I hope we, Jorge Mendes and any of his acquaintances never ever do business with these 3 teams again.

What this has done is made me realise that 19 other clubs in this league, who I’m sure were all approached by these ****ty clubs, are actually all decent clubs. They have gained my respect. My dislike of WBA, Blues and Forest etc has definitely reduced after this, as after all, they aren’t the ones bitching about us to the media. There are only 3 teams who have are trying to be conniving little cheats and we battered one yesterday. Let’s bury these ****ers on Saturday and confine them to financial oblivion and destruction. I genuinely hope Aston Villa cease to exist and I have never thought that about a club before.

Back
Top Bottom