Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

SSN- EFL Executive to meet with management of Wolves over regulations dealing with third-party owner

D

Deleted member 5962

I ain't the Twitter police lol!

Think Ive been in the OT forum a bit too much of late, I keep looking for some kind of challenge in posts when people quote me :p

R

reanswolf

The biggest reason we do well with Mendes clients is that Nuno is close friends with him, we dropped lucky there. Not because of Gestifute.
No coincidence the timing of this - we played Leeds last night and are playing Villa and Derby shortly.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
With regards to Third Party Ownership, there are no issues around Neves. He came through Porto’s Academy so was 100% owned by Porto (as opposed to say Aboubakar).

This was one of the reasons why Porto agreed to sell him rather than other players (as they would receive 100% of the fee rather than sharing the proceeds or having to come to an agreement with others).

Bossworld

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
All that’s happening is 3 poxy club’s who don’t have a pot to **** in are screaming foul play because they don’t like the fact that we have out thought them.

We have more money than them, more connections than them, better management than them, better players than them and most importantly a much brighter future than them.

To your point, they've tried multiple ways to get us

* FFP which appears to be all in order.
* These are clubs who've spent massive transfer fees (for Championship level) and not had any success.
* John Terry must be on a small fortune per week, so the wage bill shouldn't concern us.

It's this sudden shift towards citing 3rd-party ownership that feels like one last roll of the dice, but you're right, it's being played out publicly and no one wins from that.

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
When we win this division, and they present us with the trophy, the team and back room staff should refuse the trophy and walk off the pitch.
?? why we've done nothing wrong, the EFL have previously said nothing wrong with our setup, and there's nothing so far in what they have said today to suggest anything will change when they speak to us again. Why would we refuse the trophy just because a couple of the other clubs owners have been stirring things

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's not an investigation just a meeting to remind the club of the rules. Waste of time but somebody will convince themselves the league think somethings wrong.

WV10Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
?? why we've done nothing wrong, the EFL have previously said nothing wrong with our setup, and there's nothing so far in what they have said today to suggest anything will change when they speak to us again. Why would we refuse the trophy just because a couple of the other clubs owners have been stirring things

To make a point. To embarrass the EFL.

wolvesaywe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So last night's starting XI had one player in defence, none in midfield and two in attack from Gestifute.

Uncle George really is doing a bad job of running the team!

306NOTOUT

I think I’ve got to the bottom of it

We’ve just agreed a multi million pound sponsor ship deal with silver cross

Neves put a photo on twitter of his baby in a silver cross push chair

Silver cross gave Neves the push chair to post the photo

Silver cross are owned by Fosun

Thats a third party payment to Ruben

*******s, Ruben send that push chair back

WV10Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
why do we need to embarrass the EFL ? so far they've backed us ?

Because essentially they’re allowing other clubs to slander us and get away with it.

If they respond to complaints above t the way clubs are run, maybe us and Newport should draft a letter asking why Cardiff are allowed to compete despite being £100 million in debt.

NottsWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’ve read the statement over and over and all I can get from it is, at the initial takeover there were concerns and the EFL wanted things put in place to stop potential issues. We obliged and have said we still have these things in place. They want to discuss if this is still the case. If third party is an issue won’t this be shown on any player registration that would have been sent to the FA to get clearance.

I’m more intrigued to know what they (the other clubs) think we have breached in terms of the EFL restrictions that they requested we have in place?

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can see this silver cross sponsership raising more questions now as they are also a fosun company, will this be seen as a backdoor way of fosun investing more money into the club ?

306NOTOUT

I can see this silver cross sponsership raising more questions now as they are also a fosun company, will this be seen as a backdoor way of fosun investing more money into the club ?

We have other sponsors from fosun such as clubmed already

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
All sounds a bit daft really! “We’ve spoke to Wolves before about this and we were happy with what they said, but we’re just gonna check again cos Leeds and Villa have played their faces.”

Surely the EFL has better things to do?!

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Because essentially they’re allowing other clubs to slander us and get away with it.

If they respond to complaints above t the way clubs are run, maybe us and Newport should draft a letter asking why Cardiff are allowed to compete despite being £100 million in debt.
well maybe after they spoken to us again and found nothing wrong they will then take some action about what clubs have said, but maybe they need to be seen as checking and making sure the allegations are rubbish before they do so ? (I'm not holding my breath on that, but lets wait and see what happens before deciding we need to protest against the EFL, and if we do I'm not sure refusing the trophy is the way to do it.

Chwolf

Reaction score
All that’s happening is 3 poxy club’s who don’t have a pot to **** in are screaming foul play because they don’t like the fact that we have out thought them.

We have more money than them, more connections than them, better management than them, better players than them and most importantly a much brighter future than them.

I have absolutely no worries about us being punished, as there is absolutely no evidence that Jorge Mendes works for Wolverhampton Wanderers. He is not on the payroll and he merely sends players to our club just like he does to any other club. We are run by people who are far too clever to fall foul of basic rules.

The EFL should be looking at these 3 unprofessional clubs rather than us, as they are the ones most likely to try and break any rules. They are desperate and they are showing it. They are writing baseless crap on twitter as they have no class, dignity or integrity. They should be fined for their conduct, just like a manager would be if they had an outburst with regard to a referee. Disrepute is disrepute and these low life clubs are bringing the game into disrepute.

I expect this sort of crap next season too, so I’m just going to ignore it from now on as it’s just bitterness and jealousy showing it’s ugly head.

With regards to these 3 pathetic excuses for football clubs, I hope they tumble down the leagues and go out of existence. They remind me of a group of girls of which they are the ugly ones bitching about the pretty one behind her back.

I have never seen us or any of our staff act with such a lack of class, humility or respect towards other clubs before. If we ever were to, I would be ashamed of us as you must always take defeat in the same way you would take a victory. Looking for, and making excuses is pathetic and shameful.

Top professionals just don’t act like the Villa CEO and Leeds owners have. You don’t go bleating to the media. You go through the proper channels etc and not through Twitter. I hope we, Jorge Mendes and any of his acquaintances never ever do business with these 3 teams again.

What this has done is made me realise that 19 other clubs in this league, who I’m sure were all approached by these ****ty clubs, are actually all decent clubs. They have gained my respect. My dislike of WBA, Blues and Forest etc has definitely reduced after this, as after all, they aren’t the ones bitching about us to the media. There are only 3 teams who have are trying to be conniving little cheats and we battered one yesterday. Let’s bury these ****ers on Saturday and confine them to financial oblivion and destruction. I genuinely hope Aston Villa cease to exist and I have never thought that about a club before.
Love reading your posts at the minute. You seem to be able to read my mind and put it so much better than myself.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Sir Alex Ferguson has spoken of his respect for Mendes: "Jorge Mendes is the best agent I dealt with, without a doubt. He was responsible, looked after his players… and was very fair with clubs."

Tony

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sky saying its EFL only who are looking into this. Not the FA. Another EFL meeting next month!

D

Deleted member 5962

Sir Alex Ferguson has spoken of his respect for Mendes: "Jorge Mendes is the best agent I dealt with, without a doubt. He was responsible, looked after his players… and was very fair with clubs."

Exactly, it is in his self interest to keep as many people on his side as possible. You do not become the biggest game in town by ****ting on your customers.

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We have other sponsors from fosun such as clubmed already
yes, don't think there's anything wrong with everything else going on it may come under the spotlight from those trying to suggest dodgy things are going on

NottsWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sky saying its EFL only who are looking into this. Not the FA. Another EFL meeting next month!

They’ll have a board meeting every month. Therefore this would suggest no investigation is taking place but they just want to be seen to be doing something.

NottsWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What the hell are you on ---you never fail to post complete and utter crap really don't know why you are not banned from this Forum because all you do is attempt to troll , nothing but a WUM---please **** off .

Was going to write the same thing. I’m all for differences of opinion but he’s clearly not a wolves fan.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

There you go Turner!

justanotherwolf

Reaction score
All sounds a bit daft really! “We’ve spoke to Wolves before about this and we were happy with what they said, but we’re just gonna check again cos Leeds and Villa have played their faces.”

Surely the EFL has better things to do?!

Exactly as I see it Jade - the EFL are obliged to investigate because other clubs have made a complaint, but the EFL statement is as close to 'innocent of all charges' they can make at this stage.

No idea why some ppl are getting worried over this.

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wonder if the FL, or even the FA, would be able to pay the potential damages if they prevented us getting promoted and Fosun managed to get that decision overturned?

Direwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
O oh it looks as if we could be in very very big trouble over this new Silver Cross deal. Apparently Aston Villa and Leeds directors are furious and up in arms as we have gained an unfair advantage at throwing toys out of the pram. Rattled by our links to Silver Cross letters are quickly being drafted to the EFL. The fact that Wolves fans blatantly chant 'come on me Babbies' is only serving to endorse suspicions. Meanwhile Aston Villa and Leeds WAG's are said to have called an emergency meeting as they are not happy with pictures of Wolves players babies being posted all over social media like Instagram and twitter in super cool silver cross buggies that are rumoured to be exclusive bespoke models unavailable at other clubs.

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How come there has been no jealousy every other season when teams are clearly going to be promoted? Anyone actually taken a step back and realised that perhaps what we are doing is a little bit iffy after all and that Mendes certainly plays a bigger role than he probably should? It shouldn't matter as the 'rules' are a mockery but still.

Also worth stating i wouldn't trust that worm Lambert as far as i could throw him and he has plenty of inside info from his time at Wolves

D

Deleted member 3573J

There you go Turner!

What does Ferguson know though? Turner has contacts at the referees association, knows a football league Chairman and clearly hobnobs with the elite of the footballing world while he's not getting the latest gossip about Wolves' illegal activities. All these countries that Mendes is banned from operating in is a scoop for the Mix as seemingly no one in the media knows about it.

Mutchy

Administrator
Reaction score
I’ve had to delete a load of posts as the only way of dealing with it. Sorry the replies have been lost, but removing all the quotes would be too big a task.

Leigh72

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How come there has been no jealousy every other season when teams are clearly going to be promoted? Anyone actually taken a step back and realised that perhaps what we are doing is a little bit iffy after all and that Mendes certainly plays a bigger role than he probably should? It shouldn't matter as the 'rules' are a mockery but still.

Also worth stating i wouldn't trust that worm Lambert as far as i could throw him and he has plenty of inside info from his time at Wolves
Because any other year Villa were not the club to missing out, and the financial ruin that will befall them, do you honestly believe Wolves have done anything wrong here? 5 players out of a squad of 30odd, no cash splurge in January when one of Mendes guys would probably been available had we pushed the boat out? Why no superstars here then??? These kids have come here unproven and been meshed together as a great team unit, anyone suggesting otherwise is being extremely disrespectful.

Back
Top Bottom