Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Saiss

The Bear

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Saiss played the left of a back three regularly for Morocco. He played left of the CBs in a back four in the World Cup .

If he moves back to CB (which is unlikely anyway), he'll move Boly over to the right.

D

Deleted member 5962

You really see Saiss as a sweeper? Not a chance

Speculation only by Nash IMO. He rarely gets the fine details correct

I dont really see him as a sweeper. But I dont see him being one of the wide CBs either. So for me, its either the ball playing sweeper or nothing for me in terms of Saiss in defence. But who knows.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Saiss is going to be challenging for a back 3 role, that means we now have a surplus of CBs!

Expect that at least 2 out of Batth, Miranda and Hause will be off.

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score
Interestingly fantasy premier league have Saiss down as a defender.

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Saiss is a great option at the back as long as we sign some real quality to partner Neves. Coady and him can fight it out for sweeper role or he can work on the left and Boly on the right.

Are we going to sign a new CB? If so Miranda and Batth surely surplus to requirements with Bennett and Hause in reserve.

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score
I love Saiss but I’m hesitant in seeing him as a great fit in defence….just can’t see him as a regular fixture there.

It’s tough in the PL against sharper, quicker strikers; he’s a bit lightweight and his lack of pace and potential to commit dodgy tackles could see him come unstuck.

Very likely to become a squad stand-in player for us if we strengthen in the centre.

MotorWoden

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't really understand why everyone seems to think Saiss couldn't play on the right side of the back three. Why would we need to move Boly or drop Coady to fit him in? Irrespective of where he plays for Morocco I think he could probably play in any of the back three positions but we'd just want to give him time in preseason to get into the role.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't really understand why everyone seems to think Saiss couldn't play on the right side of the back three. Why would we need to move Boly or drop Coady to fit him in? Irrespective of where he plays for Morocco I think he could probably play in any of the back three positions but we'd just want to give him time in preseason to get into the role.
Saiss could but he will be a squad player soon

Pengwern

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Boly looked awesome playing LCB and Saiss as RCM, so does that mean we play them inside out, to feed our CM and WBs?

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I love Saiss but I’m hesitant in seeing him as a great fit in defence….just can’t see him as a regular fixture there.

It’s tough in the PL against sharper, quicker strikers; he’s a bit lightweight and his lack of pace and potential to commit dodgy tackles could see him come unstuck.

Very likely to become a squad stand-in player for us if we strengthen in the centre.

I think you could say that about Coady too to be honest. It's a big step up so we can't be sure how many of our players might fare next season.

But Saiss arguably has more experience of playing CB.

We'll see what happens anyway.

The Bear

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nuno had plenty of opportunity to try Saiss at CB last season and didn't. It doesn't make sense that he'd chuck him in at the deep end now we're up against better teams.

Back
Top Bottom