Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Saiss

F

Fast Eddie

I just noticed and was gonna start a new thread, but hey you beat me to it.

Go Saiss, Go Wolves, Go Morroco!

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score
Watched Romain in the build up friendlies and he played well.

C'mon Saiss!

ShifnalWolf

Graphmaster General
Reaction score
Whats the chance of Nuno dropping Saiss into our back three in the prem do you think? whilst bringing in a more energetic CM. I expect Nuno will be watching Saiss in the games v Portgual and Spain intensely

AlexWolvesHD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Whats the chance of Nuno dropping Saiss into our back three in the prem do you think? whilst bringing in a more energetic CM. I expect Nuno will be watching Saiss in the games v Portgual and Spain intensely

I would personally as it would allow us to bring in some great midfielders and allow us to improve our defensive depth at the same time, he would suit Coady’s role as well as him being left footed so provides back up for Boly as well allowing us to let Hause leave and he’s got the build to cope with it physically, can also play in a back 2 and still offers an option in midfield. Great option with them wanting a smaller squad.

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I think there is a good chance he will be used as cover there as well as challenging for a midfield spot. Really good player and I think he will be a huge asset for us next season. I think he will step up no problem.

BarryM

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Hasn’t had anything to do but has looked very comfortable and assured.

W

we8wba

Wrong sort of player to excel in this game

Get better look at him vs Spain and Portugal

GAWAZZ

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not for me, boly, coady and a new signing, saiss definitely in the squad though

L

Lycan

Felt sorry for Romain. Played well but had no help from his full back when Iran countered.

Incognito

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Though Romain played well but Morocco were done by a sucker punch of their own doing. The defender got himself in a bad position. Hard luck. Can't see them progressing now. Was gonna be tough anyway with the Iberian juggernauts in the same group. Back to Romain. Will be interesting to see how he fares against the forwards of Spain and Portugal. Nuno I am sure will be watching with interest. I'm sure he has a view that Romain can play at the back for Wolves, guess like some on this forum.

HKWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I have always thought Saïss would be ideal in the Coady role, and yesterday further emphasised that. He is decent in midfield but perhaps too defensive in my view. I think having him and Coady battling it out for the sweeper position, and someone like William Carvalho on a FREE from Sporting in midfield, would be perfect. Andre Gomes would be useful too.:D

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have always thought Saïss would be ideal in the Coady role, and yesterday further emphasised that. He is decent in midfield but perhaps too defensive in my view. I think having him and Coady battling it out for the sweeper position, and someone like William Carvalho on a FREE from Sporting in midfield, would be perfect. Andre Gomes would be useful too.:D

Saiss too defensive in midfield but you want carvalho ?

M

Mr Wolf

He’ll play in the defence next season if we pick up another CM, him & Boly either side of Coady.

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Reckon so. Coady is going to be the fall guy.

D

Deleted member 4008

I am glad he plays at the back fir Morocco as next season if Coady gets injured or not playing well then maybe Saiss could slot into the back three.

M

Mr Wolf

I would definitely go with Saiss if I had to choose.
You’ve got to think maybe Spain, well Spain are just top class but he didn’t put himself about enough in the end for me.

He looked quite assured & composed but as the game went on & you wanted him to offer more he didn’t. One passage at 3-2 down him & the centre half kind of both just tippy tapped it back to each when half my table at the pub we’re shouting for them to do something.

Was Carvallho quite limited or just the class of opposition? Or both saying that.

HKWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Saiss too defensive in midfield but you want carvalho ?

I want Danilo ideally, but he’s done his Achilles so who knows whether he will be the same player again.

MotorWoden

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You’ve got to think maybe Spain, well Spain are just top class but he didn’t put himself about enough in the end for me.

He looked quite assured & composed but as the game went on & you wanted him to offer more he didn’t. One passage at 3-2 down him & the centre half kind of both just tippy tapped it back to each when half my table at the pub we’re shouting for them to do something.

Was Carvallho quite limited or just the class of opposition? Or both saying that.

I expect it's a bit of both but nothing about last nights game suggested he would be better than Saiss. I think if anything we need more dynamism next to Neves and he looks like he'd bring less. I suspect sometimes people look at someone like Carvalho and think he is going to be an effective defensive midfielder because of his build, but actually I think you need mobility, pace and anticipation before physicality in that kind of role.

Wardy129

Reaction score
How good is carvalho though. Very disciplined and breaks up play superbly. Such a good engine and and would compliment neves perfectly next to him.

MotorWoden

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How good is carvalho though. Very disciplined and breaks up play superbly. Such a good engine and and would compliment neves perfectly next to him.
Well he was disciplined last night in as much as he ran around in circles in the same area of the pitch all game... Surely Spain showed that you want quick, intelligent, mobile, dynamic midfielders over big, lumbering but disciplined 'enforcers' ?

Wagstaffe Was Magic

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Coady and Saiss together in a back 3 !!!!!!! Slow and slower. Just as well there are no pacy strikers in the Premier League :)

JJ59

Reaction score
Did Saiss play last night? The Times report by their Chief Football correspondence makes no mention of him and leaves him out of the team ratings completely. Strange that because I thought the Portugese no. 6 looked very like him plus he had a good game and should have been worth a mention!

Back
Top Bottom