Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Saiss

M

Mr Wolf

I expect it's a bit of both but nothing about last nights game suggested he would be better than Saiss. I think if anything we need more dynamism next to Neves and he looks like he'd bring less. I suspect sometimes people look at someone like Carvalho and think he is going to be an effective defensive midfielder because of his build, but actually I think you need mobility, pace and anticipation before physicality in that kind of role.
Agree about the pace & mobility, could do with a Fernandhino light in that middle, maybe somebody like Delph but within range.

Ewok vs Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looked comfortable, looked more composed than Benatia who plays for Juve and CB all the time, thought he was poor at times.

Huyton W88lvo

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Boly seems right footed predominantly for me but prefers left side. I wonder if we could switch him to right ? Surely Boly Coady Saiss with backup of Bennett Hause Miranda/Batth is strong with the latter 2 replaced with more quality.Having said that Bennett has the most Premier league experience does he deserve a chance ? I really rate Hause so wonder whether Saiss is better employed in midfield after all .

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Did Saiss play last night? The Times report by their Chief Football correspondence makes no mention of him and leaves him out of the team ratings completely. Strange that because I thought the Portugese no. 6 looked very like him plus he had a good game and should have been worth a mention!

Saiss plays for Morocco.

D

Deleted member 3751

Looked comfortable, looked more composed than Benatia who plays for Juve and CB all the time, thought he was poor at times.

I thought the same, if you were to ask someone who didn't know either player which one played for Juventus and which one had just been promoted out of the English second tier they'd have got it wrong

MotorWoden

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agree about the pace & mobility, could do with a Fernandhino light in that middle, maybe somebody like Delph but within range.
I agree. Watching the England friendly I thought Delph would slot in next to Neves really well. Someone of that type would be the ideal for me.

Golden Oldie

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Dont confuse the issue with facts.

I have learnt a lesson here, dont go on MM when I have gone 21hours without sleep.

I've found the same problem if I've gone for half that number of hours on the lash.

Woburn Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have always thought Saïss would be ideal in the Coady role, and yesterday further emphasised that. He is decent in midfield but perhaps too defensive in my view. I think having him and Coady battling it out for the sweeper position, and someone like William Carvalho on a FREE from Sporting in midfield, would be perfect. Andre Gomes would be useful too.:D
I was not impressed with William against Spain

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Saiss is class but if we are strengthening our central midfield options I see him as a very credible option for Coady's role with Boly and A.N. other next to him. Hause and Bennett in reserve with Danny and Miranda moving on with thanks. He has all the qualities needed for a team wanting to build from the back.

Nige100

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Saiss is class but if we are strengthening our central midfield options I see him as a very credible option for Coady's role with Boly and A.N. other next to him. Hause and Bennett in reserve with Danny and Miranda moving on with thanks. He has all the qualities needed for a team wanting to build from the back.

I agree completely Saiss would be valuable starter and squad player capable of filling 2 positions equally as well. He would be very low on my list of players to go this season.

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is it only me then that’s not that bothered about an upgrade for CM?

I know signing an improvement is always ideal, but I wouldn’t mind going into the season with Neves-Saiis being the starting pair.
Just need more CMs full stop.

Saiis is energetic, decent positionally, and can play a bit too.
Can’t think of many CDMs I’ve seen that have as good a sprinkling of all of the above, but none that I think there’s any real chance of getting.

Keyser Soze

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Saiss has had a great summer, top man and played so well in that Moroccan defense. Great professionalism to pop in today and now thoroughly deserves a break

Surely a very serious option for us now in our back 3

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
That’s brilliant. Great attitude and commitment.

NavyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I guess he still has maybe another 3 weeks off?!

D

Deleted member 3751

Saiss is a massive part of the team and was the epitome of an unsung hero last year. Still crazy to think he wasn't playing professional football until the age of 22!

He and his Morocco team were great to watch, just lacked that edge in attack that would have seen them knock one of the big heads out

D

DanWWFC1988

Great sportsmanship from saiss.

Guys quick question.....who is that guy in the middle of batth and Bennett?

Ramrod

Reaction score
He only popped in to drop off the Duty Free he'd been asked to get for the lads.... "Cheap fags anyone?"

Jamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What are the odds of all 4 in that picture being here when the season starts ?

W

WednesfieldWolf

Set to be moved from midfield to centre back next season according to Tim Nash, withbNuno wanting a new Cm to partner Neves

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Two new central midfielders needed then if Saiss is moving to defence.

M

Mr Wolf

Set to be moved from midfield to centre back next season according to Tim Nash, withbNuno wanting a new Cm to partner Neves
Ive been saying it all along, a perfectly good footballing centre half in the squad right now. Makes sense as I don’t think he’s good enough to push us on at this level next season.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Does Boly switch to the right then?

Back
Top Bottom