Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Saiss and Morocco in ACON

QB Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm sure it doesn't keep Ferguson awake at night when he thinks about the 38 trophies he won at Man Utd.

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I remember the uproar when Sir Alex stopped various players joining the England team for friendlies on several occasions.

For me there is STILL no greater honour in football than to represent your country and the African players should be encouraged to do so

Is this really still the case though?

I do wonder how many players are actually making themselves available for their "parents birthplace" despite never having been there. For example, players, born and bred in France that know they will never get the opportunity to play for France perhaps increase their stock by declaring for a nation so that they are then an "international"

I am genuinely beginning to think that players are becoming as apathetic towards the national team as the fans are. England games and the F.A. Cup used to be big deals as they were, once, the only football matches you got to see on TV. Now, with football on almost every night of the week I am not sure international football matters that much anymore.

If England left FIFA tomorrow - other than giving us some summer football every two years, would anyone really be that bothered?

W

wolfofwolvesstreet

Just a reminder that Congo vs Morocco on at 6.45pm on Eurosport 1hd for anyone interested to see how Saiss plays (at CB I believe).

Ian C

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just switched over in time for KO.

Last edited:

Ian C

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
DR Congo's keeper is the smallest goal keeper ever invented.

Edited for accuracy.

Last edited:
W

WasStefan

Correction. He starts as the left sided CH in a 3-5-2.
Would not be surprised to see Wolves deploy this at some point. Squad is taylor made for it... only issue is do the squad have the technical ability/ brain to comprehend it.

D

Deleted member 5242

I'm sure the quality improves as the tournament progresses but you can take absolutely naff all from this game. The collective standard is woeful

W

wolfofwolvesstreet

Morocco played well first half.

Saiss looked composed left side of three CH. Is used as the distribution outlet.

Won his headers. Wanted the ball and came short to collect it regularly. Went up for corners and free kicks.

Couple of passes that were a bit loose but vast majority were accurate, well weighted, to feet, and he doesn't mind passing long.

Slow paced game though.

bigbadwolftoo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Saiss was doing what he does; pass to his teammates, not beaten by anybody and no mistakes. Sacrificed to get another forward on. The game is dreadfully slow though.

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Saiss was doing what he does; pass to his teammates, not beaten by anybody and no mistakes. Sacrificed to get another forward on. The game is dreadfully slow though.
So he is a midfielder that can't offer anything whatsoever going forward?? Sorry but that won't be enough under lambert.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So he is a midfielder that can't offer anything whatsoever going forward?? Sorry but that won't be enough under lambert.

I don't think he's Lambert's type of midfielder, but could we see him as a centre half? For Morocco and at his previous club he featured there frequently. I think Williamson-Saiss would be a rock solid partnership at the back and we are overdue one of those!

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't think he's Lambert's type of midfielder, but could we see him as a centre half? For Morocco and at his previous club he featured there frequently. I think Williamson-Saiss would be a rock solid partnership at the back and we are overdue one of those!
a possibility yes. Christ they'd be the slowest pairing on earth though.....

bigbadwolftoo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Saiss played as defender, one of 3 at the back, not in midfield or even ventured far forward. **** poor forwards of Morocco was their problem.

bigbadwolftoo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
a possibility yes. Christ they'd be the slowest pairing on earth though.....
???? Batth and Hause?? Morgan and Huth???? there's loads... John Terry as a prime example of a slow player but quick of mind and tremendous positioning,............... oh Booby Moore...............

astraltrader

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Stears/Batth are hardly renowned for their pace are they.

I think Stears is definitely quicker than Batth. This is often evident when he brings the ball out of defence.
Danny is almost as pedestrian as John Terry although that has not prevented him being a superb cb for years.

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Or Cahill/Terry
Or Vidic/Ferdinand
Or literally any other defensive pairing ever.
I was just having a laugh about how slow a pairing they would be ( based on how we've all said in passing how each are on the slow side ). The fact you then use Ferdinand and even Cahill as examples of slow defenders let you down sir, it let you down indeed....

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Saiss and Williamson now that would be quality CB partnership especially at championship level but like slow motion football.
Whoops! You'll get pillared now for stating that 2 players who quite evidently are slow in their own rights would make a slow pairing...... :D

Back
Top Bottom