Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Romain Saïss x 200

Rhyl Wolf

Reaction score
"Wolves the only club in the World without a Sporting Director." Bruno was keen for him to stay, but club wouldn't budge on the offer of a one year contract. Saiss felt disrespected by S & S. It wasn't about the money. His love for the club shines, but don't think S & S will be receiving a Xmas Card from Saiss household. The Wolves players love for Nuno evident & didn't mention any discontent in the ranks about Bruno.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
"Wolves the only club in the World without a Sporting Director." Bruno was keen for him to stay, but club wouldn't budge on the offer of a one year contract. Saiss felt disrespected by S & S. It wasn't about the money. His love for the club shines, but don't think S & S will be receiving a Xmas Card from Saiss household. The Wolves players love for Nuno evident & didn't mention any discontent in the ranks about Bruno.
Nothing unsurprisingly then really
Perhaps people will stop blaming Bruno for players leaving

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought Coady left because he wants guaranteed first team football before the World Cup?
There was an interview not long after he left where it was said he was frozen out and Bruno didn’t even speak to him when he was looking to leave.

NottsWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can’t say that’s surprising or against what many were saying at the end of the season.

Yes he would be a good squad player but without knowing how much he was on, I can understand why only a one year contract.

Paddy Wolf

Reaction score
And who was in charge of planning that?????

The bloke sheep like you keep apologising for when he is woefully inept at the job he is currently in.
Bloke sheep? I don't even know what was meant to mean.

We have one central striker position.
It looks like the club wanted 2 players to cover that role which is fairly standard.
Sending young Fabio out on loan made sense at the time if he was going to be behind Jimenez and one other.

Jimenez was injured in pre-season, came back is now out again.
Kaladjzic got injured on his debut (having passed a medical) so they had to move quickly to bring in Diego Costa.

It's just bad luck to have the two central strikers injured in the medium-to-long term.

I don't think Sellars can be blamed for that.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

It looks like the club wanted 2 players to cover that role which is fairly standard.
Sending young Fabio out on loan made sense at the time if he was going to be behind Jimenez and one other.

Kaladjzic got injured on his debut (having passed a medical) so they had to move quickly to bring in Diego Costa.

It's just bad luck to have the two central strikers injured in the medium-to-long term.

So they had Raul, who was injured and hasn’t been the same since the head injury. Then they had Kaladjzic who nobody else touched with a barge pole because of his injury record prior?

Also, passing a medical means nothing. It’s not a fitness test, it’s a risk assessment. They gambled on him out of desperation. Was it unlucky to do his cruciate first game? Yes, of course. But his record suggests that he would have been injured by now anyway.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Fabio should not have gone without a replacement coming in at the same time. As has been said we couldn’t and shouldn’t have been relying on Raul who hasn't been the same since his horrific injury.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nothing unsurprisingly then really
Perhaps people will stop blaming Bruno for players leaving

To be fair I think the only player that left where people are upset with Bruno was Coady. He didnt want Saiss, Dendoncker or Ruddy to leave. Those going are on Shi and Sellars and not Bruno.

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To be fair I think the only player that left where people are upset with Bruno was Coady. He didnt want Saiss, Dendoncker or Ruddy to leave. Those going are on Shi and Sellars and not Bruno.
Not bad for a 9 year old, only joking mate! ;)

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’ve seen a few people saying that dendoncker and saiss and boly left cos of Bruno

Nope. He wanted both Dendoncker and Saiss to stay. Dendoncker he wanted to keep but Shi and Sellars knew better on deadline day!

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score

Nope. He wanted both Dendoncker and Saiss to stay. Dendoncker he wanted to keep but Shi and Sellars knew better on deadline day!
I was agreeing Jos

NottsWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
On Saiss. I agreed at the time he should go but thought we would at least replace some of the outgoings with some leaders/ experience but we havent and that was a big error in the summer, in my opinion.
But it sounds like we did want to keep him, but only a one year contract he wanted two. So far everything points to this being the sticking point. Do wolves back down and given him two years or should Saiss have backed down?

There were rumours the same was said of Moutinho but he signed for one year.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not an issue with players leaving it’s the lack of replacement

Thats what I think. Put it this way. If I had known we were not going to be adding any experience or leaders I would have been saying keep Saiss and Coady or at least one of them.

NottsWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not an issue with players leaving it’s the lack of replacement
Exactly this.

No one was particularly moaning about those that left.

I have no issue with Fabio going out on loan, if anything think it was the right thing and we will benefit for it, but he should only have gone once someone was through the door. Not close or in discussion but signed and sealed.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But it sounds like we did want to keep him, but only a one year contract he wanted two. So far everything points to this being the sticking point. Do wolves back down and given him two years or should Saiss have backed down?

There were rumours the same was said of Moutinho but he signed for one year.

Moutinho you can understand as he is 36. Saiss 32 though. If we really wanted to keep him it should have been a 2 year deal. You can understand from his point of view how a 1 year contract felt like a bit of an insult. I'd argue whether we really wanted to keep him. The head coach clearly did but the powers that be? I dont think so.

Back
Top Bottom