Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Romain Saïss x 200

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
Whether Saiss, Ruddy, Dendoncker, Moutinho wanted more than the club were prepared into give them is one thing (and it seems like Moutinho backed down). However, the club seem unable to part with players on good terms. Maybe it's miscommunication, a lack of respect, or shoddy behaviour. It does point to mismanagement and general ****ty behaviour from either, Shi, Sellars, Lage, two of them, or all of them. Coady was unhappy with the lack of communication, Ruddy felt that one person said one thing and another person said something else and he and his family was left hanging at the last minute, and Saiss felt disrespected, Hoever was also publicly left hung out to dry (even though his behaviour wasn't great, but he's a young man). Nuno also felt disrespected and not supported by Shi is his final season.

I just get the impression that it's not very professional behind the scenes. The Coady issue really bugs me. How hard is it to sit down and have a difficult but respectful conversation with your captain to let him know where he stands at the beginning of the season? Why would you just not explain the situation to him so he at least knows your plans? How difficult is it just to talk honestly and respectfully to all of these players (Coady, Ruddy and Saiss, especially) who have served the club so well in recent years. Just common decency and respect. It all seems amateurish and shady. I don't know if it's a cultural thing or not, but Shi's communication in the preseason videos shows how blunt and lacking in empathy he can be (when talking about legacy fans and the women's football team).

The way our manager search has occurred only adds more weight to all of this.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bloke sheep? I don't even know what was meant to mean.

We have one central striker position.
It looks like the club wanted 2 players to cover that role which is fairly standard.
Sending young Fabio out on loan made sense at the time if he was going to be behind Jimenez and one other.

Jimenez was injured in pre-season, came back is now out again.
Kaladjzic got injured on his debut (having passed a medical) so they had to move quickly to bring in Diego Costa.

It's just bad luck to have the two central strikers injured in the medium-to-long term.

I don't think Sellars can be blamed for that.
Bloke sheep - My dyslexia didn’t help….. I meant to say only sheep can defend this guy.

We didn’t have a striker for the first few games of the season…..

We sent our only fit cover on loan and no one to replace him was monumentally stupid!

The fact they didn’t speed up the process of getting a striker when we lost raul, has cost us points and precious momentum.

We overspent on a guy who has only been fit for under 52% of his professional career to cover for a striker who was out injured and is out again due to the complexity of his injury. You don’t sign a sick note to be your main injury cover….Especially when he injured an ACL before in a similar non impact scenario. it is woeful and stupid planning.

I have questioned the quality of the medical team, look at the fact we have had multiple players get injured and the medical team left them on only to hear after the game it is a serious injury and would be out for a long time; Hwang, sasa & Neto to name only three. Him getting injured so severely in a scenario with no impact with a previous ACL injury suggests to me there was a **** up
Some where to miss this as ACL’s don’t just tear from out of nowhere as there are medically and scientific key markers that can predict this injury can occur. For it to happen so soon after being “examined” is a cause for concern.

There is a reason no German or major club came in for him at the price we got him for.

To rely on an injured striker who heart breaking my isn’t the player he was before his skull fracture was idiotic, he isn’t a guy to lead us anymore and that was abundantly clear last season.

Sellers ****ed up the options up top in a way that was inexcusable.

How you can excuse this bloke is frankly laughable!

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Whether Saiss, Ruddy, Dendoncker, Moutinho wanted more than the club were prepared into give them is one thing (and it seems like Moutinho backed down). However, the club seem unable to part with players on good terms. Maybe it's miscommunication, a lack of respect, or shoddy behaviour. It does point to mismanagement and general ****ty behaviour from either, Shi, Sellars, Lage, two of them, or all of them. Coady was unhappy with the lack of communication, Ruddy felt that one person said one thing and another person said something else and he and his family was left hanging at the last minute, and Saiss felt disrespected, Hoever was also publicly left hung out to dry (even though his behaviour wasn't great, but he's a young man). Nuno also felt disrespected and not supported by Shi is his final season.

I just get the impression that it's not very professional behind the scenes. The Coady issue really bugs me. How hard is it to sit down and have a difficult but respectful conversation with your captain to let him know where he stands at the beginning of the season? Why would you just not explain the situation to him so he at least knows your plans? How difficult is it just to talk honestly and respectfully to all of these players (Coady, Ruddy and Saiss, especially) who have served the club so well in recent years. Just common decency and respect. It all seems amateurish and shady. I don't know if it's a cultural thing or not, but Shi's communication in the preseason videos shows how blunt and lacking in empathy he can be (when talking about legacy fans and the women's football team).

The way our manager search has occurred only adds more weight to all of this.
Agree with most of this, but on the other hand you cannot just offer everyone long term contract renewals, or guaranteed starting places, on the strength of past service. It could be argued, for instance, that the extension to Moutinho's contract was overgenerous. A big change was probably required in the summer. It now looks like it was handled poorly, but a lot of that was probably down to assumptions that were clearly made about outgoings - specifically Neves - and the knock-on that had on recruitment. It is easy to see these things from just one perspective. Players have different interests to managers, boards and agents. It is easier to have empathy with players, who on the face of things are employees/contractors like most of us are. The power dynamics of professional football are however a bit different from what most of us are used to in our own working relationships.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
Bruno told him he’s important to him and wants him to stay he wants to stay pretty much same as ruddy too obviously Bruno had these players sold behind his back
Interesting listening to him, I miss him. He was such an integral part of our promotion and Europa league
Good to hear what he thought of Lambert too

He also said everyone knows it’s a difficult job for a manager because of the involvement of Jorge mendes
That’s why they don’t want to come

Last edited:

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No class at all from Saiss if he's left and then given an interview slating his former employers. I haven't heard any fan crying out for him since he left.
**** the class.

Is it the truth ?

Reactions: Ian

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sellars and Shi are in charge of this team. They would be hailed as heroes if we were playing well and winning.
This is the downside of 4 goals and boring relegation bound football.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ruddy did a lecture at Bham city ground on Friday to a bunch of football coach students. Came across well but apparently he thought he had a shot of replacing Patricio when he was sold and was ****ed off he didn't. Odd lack of perspective I think!

those were the days

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Another damning interview for Shi confirming suspicions. Lage and Sellars appear to have wanted Saiss to stay (as per Ruddy) but Shi didn’t. Another player who loved the club but got treated shabbily with a lack of honesty and respect. Like Ruddy he only found out late on he was definitely leaving.

Saiss is critical of Wolves being one of the few high-profile teams not having a DoF and essentially having one guy (Shi) controlling everything and those around him having little influence. He said this is all common knowledge within football and it’s likely, no doubt, why no manager is touching us with a barge pole.

Interestingly, Saiss mentions Thelwell leaving and not being replaced as an issue and confirmed Sellars has no real power. The players are told one thing by Sellars but Shi ends up doing what he wants anyway.

Overall takeaway: Shi (again) comes across as a control freak who doesn’t communicate honestly with people and who can’t / won’t delegate and is repeatedly making decisions in areas where he’s not competent and where he shouldn’t be intervening in a well functioning business. A wave of good people (Thelwell, Nuno, Dalrymple, Skirrow, Perry) have all moved on under his tenure and it’s all a bit damning. We were promised world class staff and infrastructure and we currently have Shi, Sellars and Wild with Davis as manager.

Kcb92

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Another damning interview for Shi confirming suspicions. Lage and Sellars appear to have wanted Saiss to stay (as per Ruddy) but Shi didn’t. Another player who loved the club but got treated shabbily with a lack of honesty and respect. Like Ruddy he only found out late on he was definitely leaving.

Saiss is critical of Wolves being one of the few high-profile teams not having a DoF and essentially having one guy (Shi) controlling everything and those around him having little influence. He said this is all common knowledge within football and it’s likely, no doubt, why no manager is touching us with a barge pole.

Interestingly, Saiss mentions Thelwell leaving and not being replaced as an issue and confirmed Sellars has no real power. The players are told one thing by Sellars but Shi ends up doing what he wants anyway.

Overall takeaway: Shi (again) comes across as a control freak who doesn’t communicate honestly with people and who can’t / won’t delegate and is repeatedly making decisions in areas where he’s not competent and where he shouldn’t be intervening in a well functioning business. A wave of good people (Thelwell, Nuno, Dalrymple, Skirrow, Perry) have all moved on under his tenure and it’s all a bit damning. We were promised world class staff and infrastructure and we currently have Shi, Sellars and Wild with Davis as manager.
Would explain why we're entertaining the idea of coaches like Edwards and Beale. Shi probably thinks of their managerial inexperience as them being less likely to tread on his toes and more malleable in terms of accepting decisions made above them that should include them.

GY Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Great summary. Shi has to go.

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bruno told him he’s important to him and wants him to stay he wants to stay pretty much same as ruddy too obviously Bruno had these players sold behind his back
Interesting listening to him, I miss him. He was such an integral part of our promotion and Europa league

He also said everyone knows it’s a difficult job for a manager because of the involvement of Jorge mendes
But the sheep will still blame Bruno for absolutely everything. Whole **** show was coming 2 years ago.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Is it wrong to harbour thoughts of relegation, so Fosun get rid and then **** off?
Feeling very conflicted at the running of OUR club.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Damning on Shi and Sellars. Hearing what Saiss and Ruddy have said paints them in a bad light. They have to go. I can see now why we are struggling to recruit a manager.

Still hilarious the usual suspects are trying to defend Bruno. He was garbage and lets face it, the bloke bought his demise on himself with his shocking tactics and team selections. He asked for things, he was undermined, no question about that and he still decided to stay in the job. If he had any balls he would have told them he couldnt work under those conditions. No sympathy for anyone who wont stand up for themselves in that situation.

Another point he made was about Mendes. Its exactly what i think about it. I've always said it, Mendes isnt bad for the club, he's very good for the club but the problem is we are lazy. We are overly reliant on him. We were when Thelwell was here, we are now Sellars is here and thats on Fosun and Shi. We have to diversify our recruitment.

Last edited:

Brightonwolf

Reaction score
Damning on Shi and Sellars. Hearing what Saiss and Ruddy have said paints them in a bad light. They have to go. I can see now why we are struggling to recruit a manager.

Still hilarious the usual suspects are trying to defend Bruno. He was garbage and lets face it, the bloke bought his demise on himself with his shocking tactics and team selections. He asked for things, he was undermined, no question about that and he still decided to stay in the job. If he had any balls he would have told them he couldnt work under those conditions. No sympathy for anyone who wont stand up for themselves in that situation.

Another point he made was about Mendes. Its exactly what i think about it. I've always said it, Mendes isnt bad for the club, he's very good for the club but the problem is we are lazy. We are overly reliant on him. We were when Thelwell was here, we are now Sellars is here and thats on Fosun and Shi. We have to diversify our recruitment.
I think you have hit the nail on the head. It’s easy to like Mendes when we get quality players but he’s too often the scapegoat and an easy target for certain media outlets. What were lacking and have been for a while is a decent recruitment team who can use Mendes when needed but able to step up and negotiate as well.
I don’t understand the Sellers thing and that element of the club could do with a massive over haul IMO as the next few months are critical for us.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

And it’s why we need a proper Director of Football with the contacts necessary to improve the non Mendes side of player recruitment.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think you have hit the nail on the head. It’s easy to like Mendes when we get quality players but he’s too often the scapegoat and an easy target for certain media outlets. What were lacking and have been for a while is a decent recruitment team who can use Mendes when needed but able to step up and negotiate as well.
I don’t understand the Sellers thing and that element of the club could do with a massive over haul IMO as the next few months are critical for us.
We only signed 1 gestifute player in summer.....guedes. ..he probably helped broker the deal for Nunes but he isn't a mendes player .....it's unfortunately a English trait ...when things are going wrong blane the foreigners......it's mendes who keeps us a float it's the others who are clueless...

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
After hearing the interview I have some (some) sympathy for Lage, because he had no say and no chance. He was still **** though ;)

I dont have any sympathy for a bloke who could have easily just walked away. I think they let him down, but he didnt have to accept what they were doing.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not a clue. I keep looking for it! Seeing loads on here slagging of Sellars and the same on twitter but can't find the quotes

Its on the talking Wolves video. They asked him who was negotiating the contracts and if it was Sellars and he and he said it was.

Last edited:

The White Mouse

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Is it wrong to harbour thoughts of relegation, so Fosun get rid and then **** off?
Feeling very conflicted at the running of OUR club.

Not really, wolves fans have wanted rid of EVERY SINGLE owner, manager, board member, technical director since i was born. Wont be happy until we're in the lower leagues crying about it again
And it’s why we need a proper Director of Football with the contacts necessary to improve the non Mendes side of player recruitment.

I asked the other day on this thread but of course got called a superfan for daring to not be suicidal about football, but who are all these DOF we should be looking at? never seen a single suggestion, which other clubs in the PL have someone we should be in awe of? genuine question

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not really, wolves fans have wanted rid of EVERY SINGLE owner, manager, board member, technical director since i was born. Wont be happy until we're in the lower leagues crying about it again

I asked the other day on this thread but of course got called a superman for daring to not be suicidal about football, but who are all these DOF we should be looking at? never seen a single suggestion, which other clubs in the PL have someone we should be in awe of? genuine question
Just wished we had beat west ham to appointing mark noble as DOF......

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I asked the other day on this thread but of course got called a superfan for daring to not be suicidal about football, but who are all these DOF we should be looking at? never seen a single suggestion, which other clubs in the PL have someone we should be in awe of? genuine question

Doesnt have to be a director of football, just somebody competent to oversee the football department and actually get our recruitment up to scratch so we dont have to rely on Mendes. Doesnt matter who people suggest, they will all get shot down by people against it. We arent going to get one of the top ones going around anyway so we have to find somebody who knows their football.

Wolves Heathen

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not a clue. I keep looking for it! Seeing loads on here slagging of Sellars and the same on twitter but can't find the quotes

From the 50th minute he is asked about his contract negotiations beware there is some adult language during the video.. I have always liked Saiss he himself says he is not the best player otherwise he would be playing for maybe Real Madrid, he never ever gave less than 100% for this club and even now he says Wolves is his club.
If you have an hour or so watch this video it goes a long way to answering some questions about our club. Thanks for everything Romain..

Stafford

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
People are missing the point. A DOF would make no difference. They would just be overruled by Shi and Mendes. The same as Thelwell and Sellars.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
People are missing the point. A DOF would make no difference. They would just be overruled by Shi and Mendes. The same as Thelwell and Sellars.
Shi is our director of football.....he does what Shanghai say ........if they said cut the wage bill in the summer , thats why he removed the older big earners ...nothing to do with eggos or falling outs....it was the orders from China ..

Stafford

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Shi is our director of football.....he does what Shanghai say ........if they said cut the wage bill in the summer , thats why he removed the older big earners ...nothing to do with eggos or falling outs....it was the orders from China ..

We didn't cut our wage bill over the summer. We spent alot of money.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I reckon we cut the wage bill..........yes we spent on transfers but I reckon overall the wage bill was down .....we removed a lot of big earners . Even cutrone was on 65k......reportedly more than we are paying Nunes....

No way the 4 that came in are on more wages than the 8,9 or 10 that went out....

No way is Collins on what coady saiss marcal and boly were on.

Last edited:

NottsWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For me there was a wage cutting exercise at the end of the season and then the beginning of preseason and then something changed. More investment seemed to come in.

Why, I have no idea but there was definitely a shift in approach. It’s my opinion people like Ruddy, Saiss and Marcel were on higher wages and they thought they could replace them cheaper or from the younger players coming through.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
...according the same site that said Coady was on £15k?
He would off been a a good wage though ....coming from AC Milan...... probably double what kaledjic was on......... obviously we have Costa nw but wasn't part of the plan in the summer, just got desperate...

Irish_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

It's time to cut Mendes loose. He's only interested in bleeding the club for money.

Back
Top Bottom