Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Romain Saïss x 200

those were the days

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
People are missing the point. A DOF would make no difference. They would just be overruled by Shi and Mendes. The same as Thelwell and Sellars.

Likely why Thelwell left when his recommendations in Jan 20 got overruled and we ended up signing Podence instead. Canary in the coal mine when he left in Feb 20 and wasn’t replaced. Imagine where we’d have been if we bought in Tapsoba and Cunha and had got back into Europe that season and maybe even got past Sevilla in the quarters. Good chance Jota stays and Nuno flourishes rather than starts sinking on the back of splurging 75m on Silva, Semedo and Hoever….

I think most people get the point actually as it’s fairly evident by now. We’d clearly benefit from a properly functioning organisational structure at our club including an empowered DoF but the rub is that’s not FOSUN’s business model. On the one hand, we get Neves, Nunes, Jota etc. (and FOSUN have brought us some great times let’s be frank) on the other hand we get what we’ve got. That said, I think there’s a middle ground where we could get the best of both worlds (after all maximising shareholder value should be in everyone’s interest) but not sure that’s going to happen under Shi’s stewardship any time soon

The White Mouse

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Likely why Thelwell left when his recommendations in Jan 20 got overruled and we ended up signing Podence instead. Canary in the coal mine when he left in Feb 20 and wasn’t replaced.….

people couldn't wait to see the back of him though could they?

same with the people before and after him

those were the days

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
people couldn't wait to see the back of him though could they?

same with the people before and after him

That was never my view bud so appreciate if you don’t conflate with other peoples’ views at the time

It’s also, by all accounts, not the view of most people inside football where Thelwell was and is highly respected.

The White Mouse

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
That was never my view bud so appreciate if you don’t conflate with other peoples’ views at the time

It’s also, by all accounts, not the view of most people inside football where Thelwell was and is highly respected.

dont mean you personally, just saying there's a constant stream of fans, who likely know nothing at all about the inner workings of the club, for someone to get the sack because they're 'inept' or whatever this years buzzword is. Never seems to make a difference though does it....

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Likely why Thelwell left when his recommendations in Jan 20 got overruled and we ended up signing Podence instead. Canary in the coal mine when he left in Feb 20 and wasn’t replaced. Imagine where we’d have been if we bought in Tapsoba and Cunha and had got back into Europe that season and maybe even got past Sevilla in the quarters. Good chance Jota stays and Nuno flourishes rather than starts sinking on the back of splurging 75m on Silva, Semedo and Hoever….

I think most people get the point actually as it’s fairly evident by now. We’d clearly benefit from a properly functioning organisational structure at our club including an empowered DoF but the rub is that’s not FOSUN’s business model. On the one hand, we get Neves, Nunes, Jota etc. (and FOSUN have brought us some great times let’s be frank) on the other hand we get what we’ve got. That said, I think there’s a middle ground where we could get the best of both worlds (after all maximising shareholder value should be in everyone’s interest) but not sure that’s going to happen under Shi’s stewardship any time soon

Jota wouldnt have stayed once Liverpool came calling even if we were in Europe.

Thelwell was as big a waste of space as Sellars. Did nothing before Mendes came in terms of transfers with all his dossiers. Even all our decent signings under somebody like Jackett were basically players he worked with or tried to sign previously.

Its really not rocket science. As i said earlier, we have become lazy and we rely on Mendes to bring in players out of our reach. Tapsoba and Cunha, two you mentioned wouldnt even be on our radar without Mendes bringing the talent he has to the club, they wouldnt even give us the time of day. We need to learn how to recruit alongside Mendes if we want to progress. Jorge cant be expected to bring in the whole squad. You are spot on saying we need a functioning organisational structure. You have to really blame Shi for that more than anyone.

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have no problem with letting Saiss go or offering a 1 year rather than a 2 year contract. But if Bruno is saying he was important to the team and wanted to keep him then the club and manager are going in different directions so therefore we should have let Bruno go as well.

A club that is set up on a supposed player trading model needs head coach and club aligned. They also need a succession plan in place should coach fail or be traded. The head coach is fundamental in making it work as players will come and go and it is their job to maximise their value. Yet we do it on the cheap, have a coach and club going different ways and no succession plan. Even if Shi makes the decisions the likes of Sellars should be advising him, using their experience, that our approach is flawed so one or both should go.

Back
Top Bottom