Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

R.I.P. Jonzy54

The_Blade

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hi all,

Just wanted to say a huge thank you to you all for the kind messages. The family have read all of them and are deeply humbled. John loved this forum and without him probably knowing it, over time, he'd built up his own community since retirement.

I'm the guilty party for introducing him to Molineux Mix. I remember setting up his account and choosing his Avi. He wasn't really that interested in technology to begin with and raised an eyebrow that wolves fans would talk to each other on a forum rather than picking up the phone or meeting in person... it wasn't long before he got addicted and like most of us on on here, the 1st thing he'd do in the morning was reach for his phone, read his replies before saying good morning to the wife.

One thing John always kept close to his chest, were his contacts for all the juicy transfer gossip that he'd built up over so many years. He rarely told me where some of his sources came from but he did enjoy throwing a few grenades into the mix. Some came off and some didn't which always made him smile.

Thank you all again and thanks to @arctic rime for the chat earlier and his friend Daz Hale who said some kind words on his show today.

Queensland Wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Sad news with the passing of respected Mix poster and my brother Jonzy. His insights were shared many times on here and as well as being a lifelong Wolves fan he was also an accomplished referee. He’ll be missed by all his loving family both in Wolverhampton and here in Queensland and the world is a poorer place today. I last saw him when I travelled back at the end of last year and we spoke of playing till it was dark on Bantock park in the many 30 a side games on that well known piece of grass. You could hear the Molineux roar for night games and see the orange glow of the lights. So evocative and such a lovely memory. God speed brother and hopefully there’s the odd game up there you can ref!!!!

RIP
Xxxx

crocos

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Nice to read this, and I'm sorry for your loss.

I never knew him except for thru reading his stuff on this place, but it gave me a real shock and a pang when I saw the news yesterday. I was surprised at that, and will remember Jonzy.

Greetings and thoughts to your family in Wolvo and in Oz.

Queensland Wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Thank you to everybody for your kind words about my brother Jonzy54. He would have been smiling at your words. He was thoughtful and kind and was a great Wolves fan. I’d love to see a clap for him on 54 mins against Chelsea and renaming the thread to “Jonzy 54 ref watch “ would also be lovely.

Let’s get a win against Chelsea and send him off in style

berwickwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Really, really sad news. I enjoyed reading his contributions over the years, he was one of the foundations of this forum that make it a Wolves family, a positive and very knowledgeable poster who came across as a top man. My condolences to his family and friends. Very sad.

Back
Top Bottom