Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

R.I.P. Jonzy54

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
Does anyone know if Jonzy used to work at Wolverhampton council?
Yes. the old Town Clerks, then Legal and Admin Services - John Worthington his real name. Was there when I started in 81 and still there when I left and he retired a few years back.

Norman Bell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I only found out this terrible news at about 7am today when his wife Jaime sent me a text that I had to read twice as I could not believe what I read at first.

About 4 years ago we started to talk on the phone after he sent me a personal message. We became mates and he would phone me often and we would have a discussions on numerous subjects. If the Russians or Chinese bugged the call they would have thought " What a pair of moaning old gits we have here ! "

I met him and Jaime about 18 months ago when they were on holiday in Devon. Of course John wore a Wolves home top so I knew who he was as it was our first and now sadly only meeting.

Highlandwolf2

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Only just seen this, so so sad, he only posted sunday, it's funny how you feel you know someone even though you have never met them , presume it was very sudden RIP Jonzy xxxx
A sane, knowledgeable and gentle voice on Molmix. I got to know him quite well on here as we had a friend in common (who had played for Wolves) who I knew via work and he knew from schooldays/childhood. As NW says it was if I knew him personally. Very, very sad.

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm deeply shocked to hear such sad news as another fine Wolf departs before their time.
I enjoyed his posts and general contribution to the Mix.
He will be deeply missed by us all and i send my heartfelt condolences to his family and friends at what must be a most difficult and trying time.

AndyWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes. the old Town Clerks, then Legal and Admin Services - John Worthington his real name. Was there when I started in 81 and still there when I left and he retired a few years back.
That's a shame, turns out I used to work with him for a couple of years in the early 2000s

Really nice guy

Back
Top Bottom