Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Pre season friendlies

The Wolf Of Wombourne

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I know I’ve seen something on this before but for the life of me I can’t remember, is the game on YouTube somewhere tonight or only on wolves TV?

Joshwolf218

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I miss the local friendlies. Cov last year, Vale and Shrewsbury before that. Again it feels like the club are ****ing us off...

The club are doing what is asked of them by west mids police, due to the commonwealth. Plus the pitch was taken up and relayed quite late this year due to international games

Derbywolf85

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hoping to see two different sides today over 45 minutes a piece.

Would start with:

Sa

Jonny
Coady
Kilman
RAN

Neves
Dendoncker
MGW

Neto
Raul
Podence

92WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Excited about this. I miss watching us play... even if preseason friendlies are usually not that great.

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Does anyone know anyone that is going to Portugal for the Sporting game.? Do any of you know how the ticket sales are going.? I wasn't going to bother but ar kid and his mate keep trying to get me over there.I don't mind going if there is going to be a few there.But don't fancy it if the interest is not there.A signing of 2 might nudge me on a bit though.

Got me posh head on ay i. :p

Last edited:

MrJamez

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Does anyone know anyone that is going to Portugal for the Sporting game.? Do any of you know how the ticket sales are going.? I wasn't going to bother but ar kid and his mate keep trying to get me over there.I don't mind going if there is going to be a few there.But don't fancy it if the interest is not there.A signing of 2 might nudge me on a bit though.

Me and two others are going.

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Yes 1972, i shall be in Faro for the game.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Me and 4 others going....big game sporting Lisbon

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ar kid just text me,he said there is a flight from brum Friday morning coming back Monday for £235.But then said they were gonna hire a car for 3 days for £300.and sleep in that.I said yow can **** off,I'm too old for that.We had one the other day,flight and 3 nights in hotel in Faro,for £450.But they were thinking about it,and by the time they agreed it was too late.:mad: I wanna bloody gew now as well.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ar kid just text me,he said there is a flight from brum Friday morning coming back Monday for £235.But then said they were gonna hire a car for 3 days for £300.and sleep in that.I said yow can **** off,I'm too old for that.We had one the other day,flight and 3 nights in hotel in Faro,for £450.But they were thinking about it,and by the time they agreed it was too late.:mad: I wanna bloody gew now as well.
Hotels in faro ain't that dear...it's dear everywhere else as it's the main holiday weeks....sure we only paid about £40 each a night in faro...

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hotels in faro ain't that dear...it's dear everywhere else as it's the main holiday weeks....sure we only paid about £40 each a night in faro...

Think I paid around 60 notes for mine.

Is there a meeting place for Wolves out there or is it just a case of walking around Faro until you see a Gold shirt or hear a familiar song coming out of some bar?

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think I paid around 60 notes for mine.

Is there a meeting place for Wolves out there or is it just a case of walking around Faro until you see a Gold shirt or hear a familiar song coming out of some bar?
Haven't heard anything mate...but I'm sure we will all find each other....will post while wem there if we find somewhere.....look out for me big fordhouses wolves England flag.......

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Haven't heard anything mate...but I'm sure we will all find each other....will post while wem there if we find somewhere.....look out for me big fordhouses wolves England flag.......

Ok mate. I arrive on Thursday so will gave a good look round for anything half decent.

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thursday to Sunday for me from Gatwick to Faro.. I'll be spending most my time with an Arsenal fan so be nice to catch up with some Wolves fans when out there!

DeWolfMan60

Reaction score

Dazling Dave's latest vlog made me smile. Jason and his mates in Benidorm.
Quote of the video .... 'I'm sweating like Jeff Shi on transfer deadline day'

Bacon Sandwich

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Sexy 4 2 3 1 again today, with Smith in goal.

Smith, Jonny, Collins, Kilman, Ait-Nouri, Neves, Moutinho, Podence, Gibbs-White, Jimenez, Neto

Aurum Lupus

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Barring the keeper I suspect that's the lineup for Leeds! Bench is seriously young!!!!

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Really like the look of that line and think it is our strongest apart from the missing Sa and Semedo...

I'm actually not totally against the back 5 and think it's a formation we should still use at stages next season but get the back four right with them attacking players on the pitch we will be a much better watch going forward next season!

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No negativity here, it’s a genuine question but…

We’ve only got 1 more friendly left (2 but you know what I mean) so have we actually had enough games? What is the going number for sides normally?

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

We’ve only got 1 more friendly left (2 but you know what I mean) so have we actually had enough games? What is the going number for sides normally?

We've got a game next Sunday as well, the morning after we play Sporting, but that'll be similar to tomorrow in that I'm guessing mainly youth teams.

We've played Forest Green, Burnley, Alaves, Besiktas, and will play Sporting for 'proper' games, in that we've played pretty much full strength.

Then in between (not quite full first team for us...) we've played or will play Levante, Villarreal B, and Farense.

Between 5-8 games feels about right I think but not sure what others are doing in terms of numbers of games.

Reactions: Ned

Bacon Sandwich

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

Question I've ben asking myself @Ned
Watched the intensity of the Villa - Leeds game and I'm slightly worried that we'll go into the Leeds game undercooked.
That said, the sports science guys have every bit of data there is, so they must know the players' readings are comparing to where they need to be.
Two weeks today we'll be calmly and rationally discussing the Leeds game, so we'll know the answer...

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Watched the intensity of the Villa - Leeds game and I'm slightly worried that we'll go into the Leeds game undercooked.
That said, the sports science guys have every bit of data there is, so they must know the players' readings are comparing to where they need to be.
Two weeks today we'll be calmly and rationally discussing the Leeds game, so we'll know the answer...
You need to remember our pre season was all done in a rush ....with games in America against Newcastle, villareal and Valencia cancelled at short notice.....the intensity is a valid point but again none of this was planned but muddled together after the cancellation...and also made more difficult as we couldn't play at home....

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
This is Leeds preseason. Pretty similar to ours in terms of games, but you are right in saying that their matches may have been more intense. However, honestly don't think a preseason tour of Australia is going to help Leeds at the start of the season (or Man United, Villa, Palace etc.). All that travel and the pitches have been absolutely awful, cutting up and muddy. The Man United v Villa game yesterday was on a mud bath pitch reminiscent of the 1970s.

I think we've had a tight training camp that hasn't involved travelling to different cities or visiting zoos and the like (which is what Leeds have been doing), but focused very much on fitness, tactics, and team spirit. Our opposition hasn't been as good as Leeds, but I'm not really a fan of playing other Premier League teams in preseason. Some of the stuff playing in Australia was a little too intense and niggly for preseason. Time will tell.

Screenshot_20220724-081836.png

Back
Top Bottom