Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Pre season friendlies

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is this morning’s match against Villarreal B being shown on u-tube/ Wolves TV etc?

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Question I've ben asking myself @Ned
Watched the intensity of the Villa - Leeds game and I'm slightly worried that we'll go into the Leeds game undercooked.
That said, the sports science guys have every bit of data there is, so they must know the players' readings are comparing to where they need to be.
Two weeks today we'll be calmly and rationally discussing the Leeds game, so we'll know the answer...
The Mix discussing a game "calmly and rationally".... Yeah, right!

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Watched the intensity of the Villa - Leeds game and I'm slightly worried that we'll go into the Leeds game undercooked.
That said, the sports science guys have every bit of data there is, so they must know the players' readings are comparing to where they need to be.
Two weeks today we'll be calmly and rationally discussing the Leeds game, so we'll know the answer...
The Levante game looked intense. 9v9 by half time!

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is my worry. We’ve not played a proper high intensity game yet. Not saying we really need that but I always used to like a tough championship game (I know we’ve played Burnley but that was early on). The Sporting friendly should be quite telling in terms of how we are doing but, as you say, we will only know in a few weeks against Leeds.

Last season we genuinely looked like the least fit team in the league so I hope our sports science guys know what they’re doing.

Cousins78

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is my worry. We’ve not played a proper high intensity game yet. Not saying we really need that but I always used to like a tough championship game (I know we’ve played Burnley but that was early on). The Sporting friendly should be quite telling in terms of how we are doing but, as you say, we will only know in a few weeks against Leeds.

Last season we genuinely looked like the least fit team in the league so I hope our sports science guys know what they’re doing.
Sporting will be high intensity would think our first 11 will get the whole game

Reactions: Ned

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's been a good pre-season so far for us fans. Because don't forget, we need to get "match watching" fit, too. :) Got to get back on the rollercoaster after a few weeks break. Champions after one match, relegation candidates after the next - just a few weeks off and you start to forget. Still need to do some work on our scapegoating, with Adama, Hwang and Semedo sidelined for now, we have been working hard on Donk and Coady to get our scapegoating game up to scratch.

So now it's 2 matches to go, one against a big club "that will tell us nothing" and one against a "we should be beating the likes of them". It's vital that supporters use those matches to work on our confirmation bias, goldfish memories and confusion over the rules before the start of the real season.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
For those with a subscription to The Athletic, there's a really good article by Steve Madeley summarising the pre-season so far and some good details around what was happening at the training camp. Worth a read.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

For those with a subscription to The Athletic, there's a really good article by Steve Madeley summarising the pre-season so far and some good details around what was happening at the training camp. Worth a read.

I like Madeley, I like Spiers as well but Madeley is probably more "professional". From a different era of journo so not a shock.

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For those heading out to the Algarve, "3 Points Sports Bar, R. Conselheiro Bivar 68, 8000-078 Faro may be worth a beer and a meet up. English speaking showing sports etc.

There seems to be a few bars around that area including some selling craft beers so maybe worth a punt.

See you there.

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah there's plenty of hotels cheapish...I've just looked at booking.com and there is a few around the Faro area.Got a flight from Birmingham on Friday going out at 6-45 pm Returning Monday at 20-55.3 nights breakfast included for £435. :tonguewink:

We never booked that one as the lads start a new job on the Monday so we now fly out from brum on the Thursday morning and come back Sunday.We booked a car as we are in a place called Quarteria about 16km outside Faro.Looks good for the money though.Bring it on.

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
All we have to do now is book the bleeding tickets.Not computer savvy so might find it a tad difficult.I'm filling out the form but then says I have to log in to purchase them.?

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
All we have to do now is book the bleeding tickets.Not computer savvy so might find it a tad difficult.I'm filling out the form but then says I have to log in to purchase them.?
Yeah I had issues doing them on my phone so had to use the laptop you have to register for the site that sells them first before booking..

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Yeh, it's a bit of a pain but you'll get there.

If I remember correctly, you have to create an A/C with the ticketing company before you can make a purchase.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We never booked that one as the lads start a new job on the Monday so we now fly out from brum on the Thursday morning and come back Sunday.We booked a car as we are in a place called Quarteria about 16km outside Faro.Looks good for the money though.Bring it on.
Same flights as me I reckon .....oh and quarteria is really nice ..been before ...

woop woop barmy army

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The reason why we haven’t got a friendly at home this season isn’t because of the commonwealth its because there is a music festival on at Dunstall this weekend.

Heard there was a mix up with dates and the festival should have been 2 weeks before the season start.

But due to World Cup the season starts a week early. Club did think about a Friday or Sunday fixture. But West Midlands police said they was 2 stretched

ombyman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The Levante game looked intense. 9v9 by half time!
Preparation for when we can only field 9 players later in the season....problem is the opposition will have 11

ombyman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The reason why we haven’t got a friendly at home this season isn’t because of the commonwealth its because there is a music festival on at Dunstall this weekend.

Heard there was a mix up with dates and the festival should have been 2 weeks before the season start.

But due to World Cup the season starts a week early. Club did think about a Friday or Sunday fixture. But West Midlands police said they was 2 stretched
Apparently they weren't sure if they would have got enough uniform back by then

NottsWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not sure whether to watch the game on Saturday via wolves tv - is the coverage any good? Don’t want to pay for it if it’s pants.

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Anyone buy tickets yet for the Farense game?
Think I read that its pay on the day.

The only confusion I have, is what ground they're playing at as I've seen two stated, Estadio Algarve and Estadio São Luis (the former stated on Google pages when I search on Wolves Pre-season friendlies, and the latter on the Wolves Website under "Pre-season double in Portugal").

Dubwolf71

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think I read that its pay on the day.

The only confusion I have, is what ground they're playing at as I've seen two stated, Estadio Algarve and Estadio São Luis (the former stated on Google pages when I search on Wolves Pre-season friendlies, and the latter on the Wolves Website under "Pre-season double in Portugal").
You can now also order on line through a link on the Wolves site. Second game is in Sao.

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You can now also order on line through a link on the Wolves site. Second game is in Sao.

Cheers for that Dubwolf.
If they're the same price online as well as on the day, I might wait until Sunday; (1) to see what state I'm in, and (2) to see if anybody else is up for it.
Could do with finding someone whose happy too share a cab to the ground(s) so will do the bars on Thursday and Friday to see whose around.

Dubwolf71

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Cheers for that Dubwolf.
If they're the same price online as well as on the day, I might wait until Sunday; (1) to see what state I'm in, and (2) to see if anybody else is up for it.
Could do with finding someone whose happy too share a cab to the ground(s) so will do the bars on Thursday and Friday to see whose around.
Think I'll wait for on the day as well. The site is in Portuguese and don't see an option for translate.

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We are returning home on Sunday now,so won't be going to the Farense game.We did intend to do both but work has scuttered the plans.We are out tomorrow until Sunday morning.Just home in time for the lionesses.Have a nice trip those who are going,and stay safe. ;)

NothingButNeto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A bit strange we haven’t seen a lineup of who’s going to Portugal this weekend, no?

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good to see Ronan is there - I hope he gets a few minutes with the first team instead of just playing with the other U23s and some senior defenders.
If he's on the plane it's a good chance he'll get a game. Not so much competition for those first team places now.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If he's on the plane it's a good chance he'll get a game. Not so much competition for those first team places now.
In fairness to him he has looked very tidy in his appearances and has three assists this pre season from set pieces and deserves a good go.

So happy for him

Back
Top Bottom