Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Poll: goal music

What should happen to goal music at the Mol?

• Ban it completely

Votes: 148 94.9%
  • Keep it but change it from Tom Hark to something else

Votes: 7 4.5%
  • Keep it as it is

Votes: 1 0.6%

• Total voters

AW

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Was nobody else part of the ironic dancing to it at Wigan away?

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Anyone over the age of 6 seen dancing to this tripe needs beheading.

They are $$$$ing morons.

GET RID NOW FFS!

S

SimplyTheWolves

The music too some degree is irrelevant, they could play The Funeral March after a goal and the majority of the crowd would still dance to it, simply because they want to carry on celebrating the goal.

We used to celebrate goals with no music or the announcement of the goal scorer, and I still believe the celebrations lasted longer than they do now. Once we scored the atmosphere stayed alive for a good time afterwards, but now as soon as the music dies away the atmosphere rather quickly goes with it.

In some ways it does help but most of the time it's totally uncalled for and sometimes to the point where it becomes embarrassing, especially when we're three down with two minutes left.

Something needs doing to make it affective when the time arises, and it doesn't have to be music. If the club only realised it they do have the opportunity to use the PA to the teams advantage, the current system may appear to be working but I believe only for the reason I stated above.

Football is constantly evolving, our PA isn't, it's time it did.

OoohRobbieRobbie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Remember when they used to play "I feel good" for the goal music? I realised how $$$$ that was when we scored a consolation goal against Stoke when we were already 4-0 down (when Dean Richards went in goal) and that rubbish came on.

Just get rid of it, it's embarrassing and small time.

Phitsanulok (Poole) Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why just one tune? The 'DJ' could have something upbeat if we take the lead oir a last minute equaliser "Whole Lotta Love" or the like and something more humerous after a consolation goal in a home thrashing by Barnsley.

Lou Pine

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I emailed the club asking them to stop playing the nonsense and received a reply saying that goal music is being reviewed during the close season.

Seasider

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I emailed the club asking them to stop playing the nonsense and received a reply saying that goal music is being reviewed during the close season.

Who did you email? I think I will do the same.

Lou Pine

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Now if he tried not playing goal music does he seriously think we'd enjoy the goal any less? How many of the majority who currently join in with the music would actually notice or care about it's absence? How many would sign a petition to bring it back?

This.

A few people who thought, "we need to improve the atmosphere at the Wolves" requested it, it was then imposed upon the rest of us. Nobody asked me if I wanted my ear drums to have that racket inflicted upon them. Will there be people singing the Tom Hark tune when we score and it isn't played? Of course there bloody won't be.

Get rid of it, exterminate it, make it disappear. We managed to do it with smallpox, do it with goal music. Nobody misses the former and I guarantee that people won't look back fondly on the latter.

Seasider

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I sent it to the info@wolves.co.uk address and got a reply from Matt Grayson on a customerservices@wolves.co.uk address. I pointed out the presence of the online petition against it as well as the anger in the crowd when it was played against Bolton.

Cheers...I will email. Not sure if it will do any good but the more people who register a protest the better, I guess.

Seasider

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If you hate the goal music, and if you haven't already done so, please sign the petition. I know some people think such things are a waste of time, but if we can show them at Molineux that plenty of people loathe the goal music we might get rid of it.

Could you also tweet it and post it on facebook.

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/stopthegoalmusic/

PumpKing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
PumpKing...you strike me as a reasonable chap with a true love for Wolves...but I cannot disagree with you more. We don't need goal music when we score...we go mental anyway.

Also...if he's so reasonable, what possesses him to play that infernal music when we are three nil down and we score?

Just one other thing, if you speak to him...please tell him to cut the patronising 'get behind your team' crap.

Ta

Seasider, there is nothing to disagree with me about mate. When did I ever say I liked it? When it`s played when we score and we are still losing I could cry, believe me.

The very reason I ever speak to our man Jason is to put over the views on here, and it is when I do, that he tells me to look at what is before my own eyes. As I said before, if you can get the crowd to stop looking as if they love it, it will stop. He has said that.

Last edited by a moderator:

RJs Tankard

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
they could play The Funeral March

Don't give them ideas!

"The goal scorer was number seven, Michael Kightlyyyyyyy - sponsored by Jennings Funeral Directors" *Funeral March plays for 30 seconds*

Did they charge you a £1.50 admin fee for replying to you?

E

Edgmond Wolf

I will live with the goal music if I have to

The two bits I detest are

1. Been told to get behind my team??? WTF

2. After the goal music, they try to orchastrate what we sing by playing " a player theme tune" when we are already singing it!! WTF

D

Dorset DeWolf

The only one I like is the Ebanks Blake tune, and only if its to put us in the lead/level, NEVER if we are losing

Polish Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
It's amazing how these kind of polls show how far away is at times the club from the fans opinion. Same with the colour of shirts (proper old gold wins most polls).

S

Shergar

Seasider, there is nothing to disagree with me about mate. When did I ever say I liked it? When it`s played when we score and we are still losing I could cry, believe me.

The very reason I ever speak to our man Jason is to put over the views on here, and it is when I do, that he tells me to look at what is before my own eyes. As I said before, if you can get the crowd to stop looking as if they love it, it will stop. He has said that.

PK, we're going over old ground here, but there is a few seconds of hyper human emotion felt in all of us when that ball hits the back of the net - when we would scream and shout to the funeral march if they played it, so the guy's argument is invalid, IMO.

O

Ontario Wolf

...Football stadia should not be turned into Americana theme parks. (Unless they are actually in the USA then they can do what they like)...

They don't play goal music at MLS club Toronto FC or at other grounds as far as I know. Please get rid Wolves.

O.W.E.I

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Anyone over the age of 6 seen dancing to this tripe needs beheading.

They are $$$$ing morons.

GET RID NOW FFS!

Splendid idea, but careful with that axe or the H&S Police will be after you, after all someone might cut themselves.
Oh...

This.

A few people who thought, "we need to improve the atmosphere at the Wolves" requested it, it was then imposed upon the rest of us. Nobody asked me if I wanted my ear drums to have that racket inflicted upon them. Will there be people singing the Tom Hark tune when we score and it isn't played? Of course there bloody won't be.

Get rid of it, exterminate it, make it disappear. We managed to do it with smallpox, do it with goal music. Nobody misses the former and I guarantee that people won't look back fondly on the latter.

Excellent comparision, although surely it it more akin to the insidious creep of rabies into our lives?

Does he really think it's because of $$$$e goal music, rather than a goal celebration, that is then hijacked by the person playing Tom $$$$ing Hark?

W

Woffles

They don't play goal music at MLS club Toronto FC or at other grounds as far as I know. Please get rid Wolves.

How much more of a damning indictment do you need than that?

Even in North America, the original home of cheesy music backed sporting events like ice hockey and baseball, they don't play goal music at the football. FFS.

Seasider

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
PK, we're going over old ground here, but there is a few seconds of hyper human emotion felt in all of us when that ball hits the back of the net - when we would scream and shout to the funeral march if they played it, so the guy's argument is invalid, IMO.

Spot on.

M

Mowgli

Definitely not in the Premiership.

But we have re-entered the world of mascots, goal celebration music and toe curlingly embarrassing player celebrations.

All should remain compulsory as an incentive to get back to the sanity of the Premier League asap.

B

BitterBob

Not one single person is jumping around"because" of the goal music, if Jason believes that he's nuts. Goal music and let's hear it for our team are abominations at a game of football. Where do these guys get off thinking they know best, history and previous crowds say they are wrong.

Munich_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hit the nail on the head there Ginger, that is exactly the situation I`m afraid.
I`ve lost count of the number of times I`ve spoken to Jason on this very subject.

He is a very reasonable bloke, you`ve all got the wrong impression about him. His job is to to try to give the vast majority of the crowd what he thinks they all want. Time and time again he comes back to me to say, just look at the crowd when I play it, for as Ginger Chimp says, a huge majority are all jumping up and down looking like they absolutely love it. Stop this and you stop the music.

I hate to say this but Molineuxmix just isn`t the Molineux majority in the ground.

Sorry but he makes no sense. He's playing the crap when we've scored, of course people are jumping up and down they're celebrating the goal.

Ask him to play it at some random time during the match and count the people jumping to it then.

T

TonySoprano

How much more of a damning indictment do you need than that?

Even in North America, the original home of cheesy music backed sporting events like ice hockey and baseball, they don't play goal music at the football. FFS.

Spot on. Even the Yanks are becoming less embarrassing than Wolves. Get it sorted you $$$$ing idiot.

A

andyc225

I thought that the problem this year was that we didn't hear enough of the goal music.

J

Jarvo for England

I thought we scored enough goals for our level. Its the other end thats the problem. Lets play it when the opposition score i you love it so much haha

Lou Pine

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

I danced to some bloody awful music at my wedding (I have the video to prove it) but I was drunk and happy. I definitely do not love the songs that I danced to. Similarly, many people at Molineux are drunk and happy when we score*. It doesn't mean that they love it. Jason needs to understand this.

People are angered by the goal music. Does he honestly think that people would be angry if it stopped? Does he think that people would complain? Why alienate supporters for absolutely no reason. Goal music does nothing, doesn't give us any kind of advantage, all it does (as someone stated earlier) is give Jason, or whoever has control of the awful collection of CDs (or MP3s), another job to do.

*As a firm hater of goal music, I never dance to it at Molineux. Even though I am usually drunk and happy.

AW

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Even though we are all superfans who never go to games I think this poll speaks for itself.

No people at all have voted for it to remain as it is.

jackfieldwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Hit the nail on the head there Ginger, that is exactly the situation I`m afraid.
I`ve lost count of the number of times I`ve spoken to Jason on this very subject.

He is a very reasonable bloke, you`ve all got the wrong impression about him. His job is to to try to give the vast majority of the crowd what he thinks they all want. Time and time again he comes back to me to say, just look at the crowd when I play it, for as Ginger Chimp says, a huge majority are all jumping up and down looking like they absolutely love it. Stop this and you stop the music.

I hate to say this but Molineuxmix just isn`t the Molineux majority in the ground.

I don't normally get involved inthese sort of things,.......However, The crowd are celebrating the goal, despite the music, not because of it.

Get rid for God's sake. And by the way, if you wan't to experience just how mind numbingly cringeworthy this music is just run one of those compilation goal DVD's.

I rest my case.

O.W.E.I

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The crowd are celebrating the goal, despite the music, not because of it.
Get rid for God's sake. And by the way, if you wan't to experience just how mind numbingly cringeworthy this music is just run one of those compilation goal DVD's.

How many more times does this need to be said before JF comprehends?
:banghead:

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Also bugger off cheerleaders, crappy on pitch competitions, flag waving etc, etc. put sky sports on the big screens and it's job done.

S

SimplyTheWolves

PumpKing this isn't a dig at you, and I do understand what your saying. But don't you think it may help change the atmosphere for the good of the team if we tried something new in the PA department?

Like I've said and many more on here also (and I do know this forum doesn’t represent the crowd at Molineux on match days), but it isn't the music they are celebrating it's the goal, the music just encourages people to sing along to the tune because they are happy at that particular moment, again the tune is irrelevant, and what is being played surely proves that.

The fans can do perfectly well in celebrating a goal the way it should be without the aid of TH. And I'm sure the atmosphere will get better and last a lot longer if the crowd are left to their own devices rather than suddenly realise they’ve been patronised and go back to being Mr and Mrs quiet out of embarrassment.

In a way the music ending is a cue for this, it somehow signifies the celebration time is over and if you continue to sing and dance once the music has finished you feel odd. Consequently many people shut up and wait for the chance to celebrate and support the team vocally until the next goal is scored, and the longer the match goes on without another goal the quieter the place becomes.

The atmosphere will improve at the Molineux if you give the fans a chance to do it in a way they feel most comfortable, and surely the way to do that is to let them do it on their own.

wwfc9

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

It is though people do it without knowing they are even doing it half of the time , I try to take no notice of it at all tbh and hate hearing it back on tv , but surely even if there were only 2000 doing it out of 28000 it's going to sound far louder than the People not doing it !! Get rid I say

P

Penk Wolf

You may say this, but it actually makes half the ground stop celebrating, which is wrong. Ask him to look at how many people it prevents celebrating rather than how many enjoy it.

Surely, it's about everyone celebrating together, not half the ground dancing like tits?

Back
Top Bottom