Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Poll: goal music

What should happen to goal music at the Mol?

• Ban it completely

Votes: 148 94.9%
  • Keep it but change it from Tom Hark to something else

Votes: 7 4.5%
  • Keep it as it is

Votes: 1 0.6%

• Total voters
H

HUGEWolf

Get rid! How many times have we gone 1 up, celebrated to Tom Hark, then had the opposition sing it back to us as a $$$$take when they inevitably score later on?

Or, even worse, we play it when we score a consolation at 4 or 5 down!?

Last edited by a moderator:
K

kidderminster wolf

Yeah no point bothering with it makes us look like a tin pot club

Reaction score
There's not a single time it's worth having - score an important goal and the crowd will make their own noise. Get a meaningless one and let the crowd politely clap without some tacky music blaring over the PA system

mikic

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My pet hate about the wolves

We play that $$$$ when we score a consolation at 0-3 down, WTF????????

PLEASE BAN IT - NEW SEASON, NEW MANAGER, NEW START!

S

SimplyTheWolves

We don't need goal music, we need something that’s going to totally demoralise the opposition. Howling wolves and thunder as loud as can be, and if its a night match the floodlights flash in time with the thunder strikes. Well it can't be any worse than Tom Hark.:D

H

Henry's Tackle

It's embarrassing, get rid. No idea why we still have it when all sections of the crowd seem to find it cringeworthy and embarrassing.

D

dolph

It's one of the most annoying things I currently hate about the club.

I hope the result (including the posts) are forwarded on to the powers that be

AW

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For the two (thus far) who voted to change it, what would you change it to?

OoohRobbieRobbie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It is pathetic and childish in my opinion. It is an irritating as $$$$ little melody, repetitive and gay. Just get rid of it, the atmosphere for a goal and when the scorer's name is announced is just fine thanks.

wwfc9

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm sure in 05/06 we didn't have goal music and it was stated on club website it would be withdrawn for the season , was fantastic just celebrating our goals without it specially Leeds ( when kightly scored as their fans threw another ball on the pitch ) and bothroyds winner against Albion , please please please $$$$ it off !!!

B

Bankswolf II

Serves no purpose other than to get the man who plays the music another button to push it's embarrassing, irritating and pathetic (in that order)

I would give anything to never hear it again

O.W.E.I

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We don't need goal music, we need something that’s going to totally demoralise the opposition. Howling wolves and thunder as loud as can be, and if its a night match the floodlights flash in time with the thunder strikes. Well it can't be any worse than Tom Hark.:D

Actually, that's not a bad idea...

Can we please tell the announcer that we really don't need to be told to make some noise for our team.

Announce the line-ups before hand, the scores at half time and full-time and then shut up.

S

Shergar

The club 'listens' to the fans.
and so with the club persisting in keeping it, this board is not representative of the fans - just so happens that the minority of fans that read internet boards have a common dislike of goal music.

Seasider

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
@JasonForrest72 I'm sure he would like to know.

He must be aware of the feelings of many supporters on this forum...

Jason...please stop telling me to support my team... ;)

P

Penk Wolf

No, because when he last did a survey 8 out of 10 people wanted to keep it.

I'm sure I can remember hearing goal music at one of the 'Big' clubs this year. Liverpool?

P

Penk Wolf

Empirical evidence?

C'mon Penk, are you telling all...is he a mate of yours? ;)

That's the whole point, there is no evidence, it's $$$$$$$$, but that was his retort last time.

I don't know him from Adam, but I'd know his voice if I heard it.

I want it gone too.

Ginger Chimp

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Polls are no good. Stopping the people in the actual crowd dancing and singing to it would have much more impact. Whilst ever there are hundreds and thousands of fans responding in that way (a quick cheer and then singing / humming along to the music) it will stay.

Cheer the goal and then all shut up and sit / stand still and it may well disappear.

100 Mol Mix contributors Vs thousands responding to it (positively) at the actual game? No contest.

AW

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Polls are no good. Stopping the people in the actual crowd dancing and singing to it would have much more impact. Whilst ever there are hundreds and thousands of fans responding in that way (a quick cheer and then singing / humming along to the music) it will stay.

Cheer the goal and then all shut up and sit / stand still and it may well disappear.

100 Mol Mix contributors Vs thousands responding to it (positively) at the actual game? No contest.

We would actually have to score for this to happen though.

Ginger Chimp

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We would actually have to score for this to happen though.

Hey, if we don't score then goal music ceases to be a divisive issue.

You may just have solved this for us.

:D

W

Woffles

Goal music is just plain wrong.

In fact there should be a total ban on any amplified music/announcements while the match is in progress (that goon from Bayern Munich and his premature bellowing triumphalism spring to mind).

Only exception to this should be the time honoured 'Would the owner of blue Vauxhall viva registration.....' type public service announcements.

W

wolfyjoe

It sounds awful. On the odd occasion we heard it on MOTD my housemates ripped me a new one for it.

PumpKing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Hit the nail on the head there Ginger, that is exactly the situation I`m afraid.
I`ve lost count of the number of times I`ve spoken to Jason on this very subject.

He is a very reasonable bloke, you`ve all got the wrong impression about him. His job is to to try to give the vast majority of the crowd what he thinks they all want. Time and time again he comes back to me to say, just look at the crowd when I play it, for as Ginger Chimp says, a huge majority are all jumping up and down looking like they absolutely love it. Stop this and you stop the music.

I hate to say this but Molineuxmix just isn`t the Molineux majority in the ground.

T

Tettenhall Wolf

PA at football should be for:

- Read out team sheet
- Confirm substitutions and goal scorers
- Emergency announcements like lost children and cars parkd in front of exits etc

Other than that shut the $$$$ up!

No half time 'entertainment', no music, and can we please go easier on the sponsorship. How much do they actually make from some of the sponsorship things that get read out? Jez's mothers cat is sponsored by...... etc.

B

BoltonWolf

I like it...but has to be a decent tune, maybe t players choice?

T

TonySoprano

Hit the nail on the head there Ginger, that is exactly the situation I`m afraid.
I`ve lost count of the number of times I`ve spoken to Jason on this very subject.

He is a very reasonable bloke, you`ve all got the wrong impression about him. His job is to to try to give the vast majority of the crowd what he thinks they all want. Time and time again he comes back to me to say, just look at the crowd when I play it, for as Ginger Chimp says, a huge majority are all jumping up and down looking like they absolutely love it. Stop this and you stop the music.

I hate to say this but Molineuxmix just isn`t the Molineux majority in the ground.

You've said this before, but if he didn't play it for one game i'm pretty sure he wouldn't be inundated with calls and messages off grown blokes moaning saying they miss it. It's so small time it's unreal. Does this bloke read this forum? If you're reading Jason, sort it out and no they don't all love it, I just hear abuse indirectly towards you when it's played.

J

Jungleee

How about a chant directed towards Jason kindly asking to stop the music...

Seasider

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

PumpKing...you strike me as a reasonable chap with a true love for Wolves...but I cannot disagree with you more. We don't need goal music when we score...we go mental anyway.

Also...if he's so reasonable, what possesses him to play that infernal music when we are three nil down and we score?

Just one other thing, if you speak to him...please tell him to cut the patronising 'get behind your team' crap.

Ta

W

Woffles

Time and time again he comes back to me to say, just look at the crowd when I play it, for as Ginger Chimp says, a huge majority are all jumping up and down looking like they absolutely love it. Stop this and you stop the music.

But he's missing the very subtle point that we've always just scored a goal at the point he's playing the music. The crowd are already jumping up and down and pretty damn excited. Hell it's a rare enough event. If you then play a bit of music a large proportion will join in - it doesn't mean they really want goal music played.

Now if he tried not playing goal music does he seriously think we'd enjoy the goal any less? How many of the majority who currently join in with the music would actually notice or care about it's absence? How many would sign a petition to bring it back?

Anyway, if we all sit down when the music starts, then before you know it Jez will be calling us fickle and blaming us for any bad results.

No proper football club should play goal music. Ever.

OoohRobbieRobbie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You've said this before, but if he didn't play it for one game i'm pretty sure he wouldn't be inundated with calls and messages off grown blokes moaning saying they miss it. It's so small time it's unreal. Does this bloke read this forum? If you're reading Jason, sort it out and no they don't all love it, I just hear abuse indirectly towards you when it's played.

This.

Big Nosed Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But he's missing the very subtle point that we've always just scored a goal at the point he's playing the music. The crowd are already jumping up and down and pretty damn excited. Hell it's a rare enough event. If you then play a bit of music a large proportion will join in - it doesn't mean they really want goal music played.

Now if he tried not playing goal music does he seriously think we'd enjoy the goal any less? How many of the majority who currently join in with the music would actually notice or care about it's absence? How many would sign a petition to bring it back?

Anyway, if we all sit down when the music starts, then before you know it Jez will be calling us fickle and blaming us for any bad results.

No proper football club should play goal music. Ever.

This is correct. Fans are jumping about anyway.

Football stadia should not be turned into Americana theme parks. (Unless they are actually in the USA then they can do what they like)

Another example of the shift towards the 'Matchday Experience' so loved by the non football people infesting the game but is a factor in helping to turn away many thousands. Ludicrous.

O.W.E.I

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Time and time again he comes back to me to say, just look at the crowd when I play it, for as Ginger Chimp says, a huge majority are all jumping up and down looking like they absolutely love it.

Utter $$$$$$$$ - people are jumping up and down because WE HAVE SCORED A GOAL AND THEY ARE CELEBRATING like football fans the world over have done since football was invented (Note to the Dirty Digger, it was well before 1992).

The music is played AFTER people have started celebrating, it's embarassing, it's small time and it looks and sounds $$$$.

JUST STOP IT.:mad:

Back
Top Bottom